User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "Guard Duty"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Pretty much anything Disturbed or Drowing Pool if you're into that sort of thing I can make the playlist for my plane trip too
    I only speak three languages-English, Spanglish and Sarcasm, If you don't speak at least two of them you probably won't get my humor anyway...

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    "The End"- by the Doors
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    "The End"- by the Doors
    If you look at the episode descriptions, there was a few that I used the lyrics from this song... #relevant
    Likes turbo liked this post

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Woooo, let's see.

First off, a Skittles song:

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    If you get struck in a traffic jam (hopefully not), this is the right song to listen to with regards to the video.
    Besides, in my opinion it conveys most of the themes of We're Alive:

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points3 months registered
    I think this song by poets of the fall really fits the over all theme and tone of WA....

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by katlero View Post
    Alright. I don't know about the rest of the gang, but I have a lonely 5 hour drive in order to get to the starting point of the We're Alive Convoy and I need We're Alive themed music to fill the time!
    Well, I think you might be able to get a few ideas from the WA character soundtracks thread.

That said, (and I said in that same thread) I tend to think a bit more thematically... right now most of what I have been listening to is Two Steps From Hell.
    Here's their wiki page for more info.

They are a music production company that have scored countless movie and video game trailers as well as commercials. Whenever there was an incredible song in a trailer that pissed off the fans because it wasn't on the soundtrack, it was probably them... or The Corner Stone Cues, more on them in a moment. Chances are you have probably heard them and didn't even know it.

The genre I believe is listed as "Epic," but could be better described as Epic/Fusion/Hybrid... with a dash of Rock, Metal... even the occasional bit of Dubstep.

To give you an idea of them and their sound, the first result in a YouTube search for them is Heart of Courage, probably one of their most popular songs right now.

One "problem" with their albums it that only about one third of them have been released publicly, the rest are given to "industry insiders" ...though if you dig deep enough, you can find them somewhere. Since y'all are heading out to LA, it stands to reason that you might be able to find some of the industry albums at a used record store. Check the wiki for the list of public albums... all of them are good, but I would recommend Invincible and Sky World.

Now, Corner Stone Cues. They are a similar group/production company. They have fewer public albums than 2SFH, but are just as good. A piece that became known as "Requiem for a Tower" that was used in the Two Towers video game trailer wasn't intended for release. After many conversations and significant fan pressure, they released a public album with a rerecording of the song.

Now, I would have directly linked a video for that... but there is a far better piece to represent CSC. Ten Years Kashmir, Movement II, a cover of Led Zeppelin's Kashmir. Wait, what? you ask... Trust me. It is a cover performed WELL by a full orchestra with additional percussion and a choir chanting in Latin. How could you possibly go wrong with that?
    It was used for the John Carter trailer and they rerecorded it for the public album "Eton Path." That is the album you want to get if you only get one.

If you have something difficult in your life that you are about to face, whether it may be something mundane or you are about to face down the combined forces of Infinite Evil and Eternal Darkness alone, listen to this piece of music first... they won't know what hit them.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12