User Tag List

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnex View Post
    I always just took it as the fact that there were just as many male zombies as female zombie running around.......

Just that the zombies that we actually get descriptions of seem to be mostly male.....
    Oh, they're definitely out there, but there are fewer for two reasons. One, we don't use the female zombie noises as much as the males because the males SFX sound more menacing and threatening. That's not to say that the females aren't equally a threat. In reality, that female little one that hitched a ride to boulder was responsible for killing more than any other male...

And two, it's the same reason we don't have many children zombies. The initial attack/turning would have fewer children and females survive. That's not meant to be sexist, but rather more of a realistic perspective that larger males would have more of a chance to survive the initial attack to turn.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    That's fair. Thanks for the clarification, Kc.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnex View Post
    I don't like Tanya saying that the only thing standing in Ink's way is the survivors.......

"If all he wants to do is live, we are the only ones standing in his way"......

He is also attacking and killing people..... If Ink wants to be alone he can just head up into the mountain and get a nice like chateau with his brood and hang out snowboarding for the rest of his life!!!
    I think the biggest thing standing in the way of this is the fact that the zombies eat humans. It's not really a live and let live situation. Wasn't there a quote at the beginning of Xmen - Days of Future Past, something like "when homo sapiens arrived, homo errectus were wiped out in short order". Well, that's what we have here with the arrival of the zeds. They are the "new evolution" of humanity, and the old models have to go.

So far as we have seen, humans seem to be the primary food source for all zeds, even if they are willing to eat other things including each other. We also have no evidence so far that the zombies have any way of replenishing their food sources. Some people have speculated that they let humans survive as "farms", but realistically they have killed off far too many people - at least in the LA area, that we know of - for that to work.

It's an issue of escalation. Another way to look at it is law enforcement versus criminal elements (although in this case, one side is more clearly the good guys). Cops carry sidearms, criminals start using rifles. Cops start carrying rifles, criminals start using ballistic armor.

I agree with what you or someone said earlier in this thread - it has gotten so bad in LA because the survivors refused to roll over and die, not because they necessarily "caused" anything to happen. In my mind, neither side is at "fault" here. They are both just doing what they have to do to survive, which happens to include the extinction of the other side.
    Likes Z Sniper liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Oh, they're definitely out there, but there are fewer for two reasons. One, we don't use the female zombie noises as much as the males because the males SFX sound more menacing and threatening. That's not to say that the females aren't equally a threat. In reality, that female little one that hitched a ride to boulder was responsible for killing more than any other male...

And two, it's the same reason we don't have many children zombies. The initial attack/turning would have fewer children and females survive. That's not meant to be sexist, but rather more of a realistic perspective that larger males would have more of a chance to survive the initial attack to turn.
    Also if you were a larger male, you would in turn be a larger zombie....... The zombie's seem to behave with a pack/hive mentality...... and generally in those cases it is the biggest specimen that leads a pack or hive........

*** edit -- females can also be aggressive and lead packs and all that good stuff too!!!! Don't throw your high heels at me!!! ***

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I had some time to think about the latest episode. Yes, it is going to be a straight 50/50 coin flip end in my opinion. Even if Ink has got his next little annihilation toy ready, he seems to act more and more defensively. Moreover, it appears that he has changed his strategy by creating a single yet very powerful new creature instead of relying on a bunch of more but less powerful little ones. As both sides are inevitably run out low on available resources, there might be a real chance to defeat Ink.

- He is attached to a certain place
    - I guess sweat bottles never stop to confuse the zombie senses up to a point where they will even start attacking Ink
    - Saul is like Wolverine, always right in the middle of the action, always wounded, never killed
    - Skittles will be back
    - Victor still has to get his beserker mode scene

The only remaining unknown variable is Scratch.
    Likes Jannit liked this post

We're Alive Cast member

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixArc View Post
    I think the biggest thing standing in the way of this is the fact that the zombies eat humans. It's not really a live and let live situation. Wasn't there a quote at the beginning of Xmen - Days of Future Past, something like "when homo sapiens arrived, homo errectus were wiped out in short order". Well, that's what we have here with the arrival of the zeds. They are the "new evolution" of humanity, and the old models have to go.

So far as we have seen, humans seem to be the primary food source for all zeds, even if they are willing to eat other things including each other. We also have no evidence so far that the zombies have any way of replenishing their food sources. Some people have speculated that they let humans survive as "farms", but realistically they have killed off far too many people - at least in the LA area, that we know of - for that to work.

It's an issue of escalation. Another way to look at it is law enforcement versus criminal elements (although in this case, one side is more clearly the good guys). Cops carry sidearms, criminals start using rifles. Cops start carrying rifles, criminals start using ballistic armor.

I agree with what you or someone said earlier in this thread - it has gotten so bad in LA because the survivors refused to roll over and die, not because they necessarily "caused" anything to happen. In my mind, neither side is at "fault" here. They are both just doing what they have to do to survive, which happens to include the extinction of the other side.
    I believe what makes these "zombies" super dangerous is the fact that the story really is about survival and their innate ability to evolve with every situation. Nature is living proof of that, except these new creatures are doing it at an alarming pace. They have adapted to just about every situation in order to ensure their survival while eliminating the one obstacle that could keep them from doing so,...HUMANS. Point well made about law enforcement and criminals, but you need to look no further than our very own military and the evolution of the "gun".
    Likes Verse, Gooer, Gnex, Jannit, Kc and 2 others liked this post
    ALL HAIL GENERAL VICTORIOUS!

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Z Sniper View Post
    I believe what makes these "zombies" super dangerous is the fact that the story really is about survival and their innate ability to evolve with every situation. Nature is living proof of that, except these new creatures are doing it at an alarming pace. They have adapted to just about every situation in order to ensure their survival while eliminating the one obstacle that could keep them from doing so,...HUMANS. Point well made about law enforcement and criminals, but you need to look no further than our very own military and the evolution of the "gun".
    Quite right.

Likes Z Sniper, Witch_Doctor, Verse liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixArc View Post
    …..
    So far as we have seen, humans seem to be the primary food source for all zeds, even if they are willing to eat other things including each other. ….
    What i don't get is where people keep mentioning the Zeds eating each other. I do not remember any of that.

The big pile of bodies in the arena were not zombies, but killed humans. The flesh was rotting, but only as a regular body decomposes….

maybe i am missing something

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Z Sniper View Post
    And you thought all Victor was good for was yelling "Ay Dios Mio!!" and throwing cheap cologne at zombie........ He's got some Smerts too!!!
    Likes Z Sniper liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by madmungo View Post
    What i don't get is where people keep mentioning the Zeds eating each other. I do not remember any of that.

The big pile of bodies in the arena were not zombies, but killed humans. The flesh was rotting, but only as a regular body decomposes….

maybe i am missing something
    Maybe drawing conclussions from when the little one (#7????) attacked another zombie before it attack Victor/Tanya??? I can't think of a time when they rolled up on a zombie eating another one tho.......

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast