Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Serious question...how many "smart" ones are there? To my knowledge there's only Randy and ink. I'm sure there's more we don't hear about...but...yea...
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by EatMyShorts View Post
    Here's some random thoughts. Hope no one minds.

"Lion's Den" reminds me of the biblical story "Daniel and the lions den". Lions don't attack Daniel in the story. So maybe Saul goes back in to the zombie-hole (with a bomb or just to recon) sometime before this chapter ends. Makes sense to me.

Also who is smart enough to deduce the ultimate cause of the outbreak? The only person I can think of is maybe Ink (maybe via a journal or notes). So there is a chance that the root cause of the zombies is one of the mysteries that's left at the end. But Ink's actions looks like they'll be fully explained.

Ink...A Story of Survival.
    I am late to the forum since I was on vacation for a week (it rained all the time), but I haven't seen it mentioned yet: it is also a quote from Riley, when Angel, Datu and her start following the trackers on foot right after losing Michael at the waterworks: she says something like "we kept going forward, deep into the lion's den".
    Likes Storm, Witch_Doctor liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    Serious question...how many "smart" ones are there? To my knowledge there's only Randy and ink. I'm sure there's more we don't hear about...but...yea...
    Until this last chapter, I was beginning to think that ONLY smarts ones were left. How else could they all follow directions to dig tunnels and hide dirt inside of buildings. But now it looks like the sweat-switchammaroo only works on the run-of-the-mill zombies (per Saul) Of course Saul could have been mistaken, but at this point, I've stopped second guessing what the characters discover/reveal in the story.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by clem131 View Post
    I am late to the forum since I was on vacation for a week (it rained all the time), but I haven't seen it mentioned yet: it is also a quote from Riley, when Angel, Datu and her start following the trackers on foot right after losing Michael at the waterworks: she says something like "we kept going forward, deep into the lion's den".
    Chapter 8 part 3 around 17:00+.
    Good recall.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Until this last chapter, I was beginning to think that ONLY smarts ones were left. How else could they all follow directions to dig tunnels and hide dirt inside of buildings. But now it looks like the sweat-switchammaroo only works on the run-of-the-mill zombies (per Saul) Of course Saul could have been mistaken, but at this point, I've stopped second guessing what the characters discover/reveal in the story.
    I am like WD in this regard. I guess the question is how do we define smart one? Intelligence is not binary. If it just smarter than the Romero Shambler, I think they all are, but at Ink's level, not so much.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by clem131 View Post
    From the end of chapter 8:
    Riley (V.O.): "Looking back I don't know why I changed my mind to go with him, maybe I felt sorry for him having to go through so much pain and los in one day. I knew that going with him was going to be a mistake, but we continued behind him anyway. We headed on foot, down the road, deeper into the lion's den."
    I'd totally forgotten that... So yay... Thanks for the reminder ^^

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    Originally Posted by Litmaster

Um, Saul.... Angel.... Hope.... ? I don't recall a St. Bixby in the Bible. Wait- could Gatekeeper be a reference to St. Peter at the pearly gates??!?

Sorry dude, but I think you are

LOOKING FOR SOMETHING THAT JUST ISN'T THERE
    It's there, it just might not mean anything important to KC in terms of the story. Maybe it's there because people used to use names from the bible in naming their kids, or certain concepts are deeply imbedded in our culture. There's always Jung.
    And the title of the chapter IS The Lion's Den.
    Likes Eviebae liked this post
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    Ok, I know I am now SUPERLATE, but as I mentioned I wasn't here, then listened to the episode on the plane back from vacation, blablabla, anyway:
    I am stuck on part of Tanya's reconstruction of past events. Briefly: Ink is not turned, then he gets attacked. The biters grab his arm through the window of the police truck he was in, and don't see the protection symbol he has on his face because the windows are probably very small or narrow. He is bitten and he turns.
    So, from now on, when he leaves the truck, there's no surprise the biters don't attack him. He's one of them.
    At this stage there is still plenty of humans around, they are certainly not starving and not eating each other, this is the initial bloody phase where most of the human population is wiped out.
    So I don't get this passage: why does he embark on a project to find out which symbol did protect him when in fact he wasn't protected at all?

There's the possibility that Tanya got it wrong, that he did not turn (after all we only have low quality security footage to assess that) and he in fact improved himself using the same substances he used on zombies. I don't buy it, though: we have so many clues that he is a zombie as well, and Tanya's sequence this episode was clearly meant to be "Tanya's fun explanation hour". It would be a cheap and bland use of the unreliable narrator. So I believe he was turned, which means for all he knows the protection symbols didn't work.
    Last edited by clem131; Jun 28th, 2014 at 02:47 AM.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627