User Tag List

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    One thing I'll throw out there before I venture back into the dark- Riley also dealt with some serious anger issues while at Fort Irwin as well, to the point she was medicated. There's been a history of issues... just to add to the pile.
    Definitely true. My issue with this scene was not Riley's behavior. She's been all I WANT TO FIGHT! RAGE! YOU KILLED THE GUY I LIKED TO HAVE AROUND ME AS AN EGO BOOST WHILE I MOONED AFTER LIZZY, RAHHH! ever since Angel's death, and I found her killing Tardust in that tragedy induced rage completely believable. My issue was that I couldn't see Tardust egging her on like that, even if he was drunk and despairing about his chances of escaping the situation. Tardust was cowardly and intelligent, and those two things I think would make him fight for his life more, rather than opt for a clean death. The way he acted just seemed, to me, completely out of character.

And there is also the fact that the torture they put him through is nothing compared to what Scratch has done to people, so I can't see him viewing Riley and Burt as the same as Scratch. They made him run behind a car until he fell down... Scratch cut off Burt's finger; Scratch cut open a guy's face with her knife, and would have kept torturing him to death had her brother not put him down; and then there's all the stuff she's done that we've just heard about.

I'm also in the camp of people who don't buy Riley's quick jump to realizing that Tardust was the one in the furniture store. If she had heard Lizzy's audiolog from when Lizzy was held captive by the Mallers, then yes, that would make sense. But I think she would have recognized him immediately then, having remembered his name and distinct voice from the audiolog. I feel weird saying all this stuff, because this is pretty much the first time I've taken issue with character actions and motivations in this show, but for this part I feel like I have to. All in all, these things besides, I've had about enough of Riley. I was coming to quite like Tardust, and I think her killing of him was completely unjustified.
    Likes Raven, Storm liked this post

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

joint-point-counter-joint

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    It's interesting that Tanya seems to be saying she is immune in spite of being exposed so many times. Could she not be immune for that very reason?
    Likes Storm liked this post

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Gamertag: King Ricemaster
    didn't see that coming

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlarken View Post
    I'm also in the camp of people who don't buy Riley's quick jump to realizing that Tardust was the one in the furniture store. If she had heard Lizzy's audiolog from when Lizzy was held captive by the Mallers, then yes, that would make sense. But I think she would have recognized him immediately then, having remembered his name and distinct voice from the audiolog. I feel weird saying all this stuff, because this is pretty much the first time I've taken issue with character actions and motivations in this show, but for this part I feel like I have to. All in all, these things besides, I've had about enough of Riley. I was coming to quite like Tardust, and I think her killing of him was completely unjustified.
    Just to clarify, Riley didn't hear the audio log. She only heard part of the events from Lizzy, or what she was told. The only person who heard the audio log, that we know of, is Saul.

I'm a little surprised that some listeners have a problem with Riley making a connection between the attempted rape and it being Tardust, but it's a fair criticism. My intention was that Riley was able to see from Tardusts' reaction that there was something else in his head when he mentions "Lizzy", and figures it out from there and sees past the lies.
    Likes Ginja, Merlin1274, madmungo, Witch_Doctor liked this post

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Just to clarify, Riley didn't hear the audio log. She only heard part of the events from Lizzy, or what she was told. The only person who heard the audio log, that we know of, is Saul.

I'm a little surprised that some listeners have a problem with Riley making a connection between the attempted rape and it being Tardust, but it's a fair criticism. My intention was that Riley was able to see from Tardusts' reaction that there was something else in his head when he mentions "Lizzy", and figures it out from there and sees past the lies.
    I dont think it was a huge leap. She asked how he knew Lizzy, and 'files' on everyone didnt seem to add up. she knew about the furniture store and was, I believe, fully justified in the execution. She basically gave Tardust his last few seconds to come clean. At this point, he had to know she wasnt screwing around anymore, this wasn't torture for information, this was "Show your true colors" and was dealt with accordingly. Some leaps are made here in how QUICK Riley put all this together, yes, but we are dealing with a show here. The few days that she might have spent in REALITY thinking about who tardust could be in contrast to Lizzy was summed up in a few moments for the sake of the audience (In my opinion)
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:

So, uh, Sauls ok, right?....right guys?................right?

That is about all I have to say in complete summation of this episode
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved

Just from curiosity, if you were to change the scene to be clearer to more people would you do it verbally or by description? I mean, would you have the characters describe what was going on or use different sounds or words? What would have the most impactful change?
    SKITTLES?

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoff4D View Post
    So, uh, Sauls ok, right?....right guys?................right?

That is about all I have to say in complete summation of this episode
    Yea, he's fine. Just gone to have tea with Ink, Randy and their other pals........

NO HE ISN'T FINE AT ALL *cries self to sleep*
    Likes katlero, Storm, Hoff4D liked this post

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Well, Lady can track. Does Tanya enter the tunnels to get her son put of this prison, unlike the last time when she moved without telling him? SCUBA gear again? Wild cards, Kelly and Hope are unknowns when it comes to the gas. Hope has the additional advantage of being used to walking in the Dark.

Hope and Lady the two characters who appear to be the most useless rescue Saul???
    This speculation right here, this is why I keep coming back.
    Likes Gooer, Grognaurd liked this post
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast