User Tag List

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    It is interesting that we now have the gas coming from the tunnel...

Going way back to when ground zero was first encountered by Victor and Pegs, we speculated that it might be an area denial weapon. A defensive measure to keep things away from a valuable facility. When Victor and Saul go back, they do not notice any animals, they see undisturbed dead bodies, even the trees were brown. They also observed blood stains indicating previous violence. CJ later states that one of her explores may have been changed by the gas exposure. @@ On an aside, I still think CJ sabotaged the tanks. She explicitly tells Saul which color tank to use! If there was no difference a priori, why assign a color? @@

We get additional complexity when Victor and Tanya go back the gas is gone and the area is more normal. However, the gas returns shortly after Tanya's gunshot. So, was the localized tremor and gas release just chance coincidence or a defensive measure? Fast forward to the present, the tunnel entrance that Michael, Victor and Datu used is now closed and the tunnel they are at now has gas. So, again, is this a defensive measure or just chance?
    Likes Jannit, Witch_Doctor, Z Sniper liked this post

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Yeah I agree. Thinking that he might turn back, somewhat, with an idea of what the zombies are doing. Like the hero that descends to hell, suffers, joins the devil and gains redemption in the end.
    Attachment 3152
    I am Locutus of Borg, resistance is futile! I am getting old, thanks for bringing back some good memories.
    Likes Eviebae, Jannit liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH

Ha haaa! I'm binge-watching Breaking Bad, as a matter of fact. Never watched the show before, now I'm hooked. (No pun intended.) Usually don't watch TV or go to the movies but now I see why everyone does it.
    i have been doing that as well!
    such an amazing, sad, dramatic show.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    It is interesting that we now have the gas coming from the tunnel...

Going way back to when ground zero was first encountered by Victor and Pegs, we speculated that it might be an area denial weapon. A defensive measure to keep things away from a valuable facility. When Victor and Saul go back, they do not notice any animals, they see undisturbed dead bodies, even the trees were brown. They also observed blood stains indicating previous violence. CJ later states that one of her explores may have been changed by the gas exposure. @@ On an aside, I still think CJ sabotaged the tanks. She explicitly tells Saul which color tank to use! If there was no difference a priori, why assign a color? @@

We get additional complexity when Victor and Tanya go back the gas is gone and the area is more normal. However, the gas returns shortly after Tanya's gunshot. So, was the localized tremor and gas release just chance coincidence or a defensive measure? Fast forward to the present, the tunnel entrance that Michael, Victor and Datu used is now closed and the tunnel they are at now has gas. So, again, is this a defensive measure or just chance?
    Yeah, like a giant underground worm being fed flesh and farting z-gas. Tunneling underground. Does tin rust?
    Likes Footbutt, Grognaurd liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Yeah, like a giant underground worm being fed flesh and farting z-gas. Tunneling underground. Does tin rust?
    Maybe the tunnels go all the way to the ocean and Saul's squid will show up. Kraken vs. Mega Worm! With a special appearance by some wizard kid who summons a bunch of rabid shark by using a tornado spell in a musical interlude.
    Likes DagnyTag liked this post

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Maybe the tunnels go all the way to the ocean and Saul's squid will show up. Kraken vs. Mega Worm! With a special appearance by some wizard kid who summons a bunch of rabid shark by using a tornado spell in a musical interlude.
    I see...

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Well, let's say 1/3 have some immunity or resistance. They still have to run away from the other 2/3s. Whatever the turning is, it has low penetrance. There are no where near 5,000,000 million biters running around LA, unless they all ran somewhere to hide and started digging to get out of sight.

I toss out the toxoplasmosis as an example in real life that infects human and affects behavior. We still have a really small sample size. Three people choke, two do not. The two that do not have genetics, exposure to a recently turned and being a vet. I put Saul in the vet, because I got the feeling He spent a lot of time there.
    That's a good point! It would help to explain why some people were turned and others were just used for food. Perhaps the disease/antibiotics/immunizations/etc. made people less likely to turn and those were the ones that the zombies just ate. Somewhere in the beginning of the series (I'll have to go dig it out) one of the characters asks about this very thing. How do they decide who to turn and who to eat?

Perhaps the type of immunizations (I'm just going to go with that one for now) also affected how quickly people turned. Maybe those that were the slow turners had lower levels of the antibodies in their systems to start with.

I know this still doesn't explain how things started but perhaps it does fill in one of the big gaps in how we've seen the zombies treat people.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    We are running out of time to find an explanation to the question why Randy as a character is essential to the story. Something like being turned back by Saul is quite likely in my opinion. He has got to be much more than one of Ink's mindless minions at least in the episodes to come.
    Personally I think its sole purpose is to create tremendous guilt within Michael which will lead to and motivate some future action.
    Likes Jannit, DagnyTag liked this post

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Robzombie View Post
    Personally I think its sole purpose is to create tremendous guilt within Michael which will lead to and motivate some future action.
    Eventually, he is reason we got our beloved broken arm story.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    I still think CJ sabotaged the tanks. She explicitly tells Saul which color tank to use! If there was no difference a priori, why assign a color? @@
    I'll just put that to rest. She didn't sabotage them. She wanted information, and she wouldn't get that if they died.

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast