This is a topic in which I interested and I am apparently the only person in the world. I seriously spent hours looking on google for it.

So, here's the problem:
I want a program on my PC to download podcasts and sync them to my android phone. Sounds simple, right?
On an iPod, I used iTunes; it creates different folders for each podcast and episodes appear correctly in chronological order regardless of the metadata and the actual file name.
On Android there doesn't seem a way to do it properly.

EVERYTHING I tried so far fails spectacularly. For example, Winamp assumes everybody has an anal obsession with metadata and renames files using the metadata. So, when I sync from Winamp on PC and open with Winamp on the phone I end up with We're Alive split in several folders (they appear as different albums because the metadata on episodes is different) and the tracks aren't in the right order. The same thing happens with the official app of my phone (Media Go + Walkman).
In the end, I either have to choose tracks manually or create playlists manually. I could also create a script to rename and reorder and change the metadata.
So, how do you listen to podcasts on Android?