Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
Well, in all honesty: it makes them pathetic to a certain degree. I only understand them, because people react to certain situations very different. I really hated Saul for his wild heart for quite a while; the cold-blooded murder of Pippin performed by Kalani still freaks me out; and about Riley I am steal very concerned and hope that she does not follow that dark road.
As for Scratch: We received three basic and important background information on her: she was a victim of violence and tragedy, and she deserves all my sorrow and grief for what happened back then; she did everything to get her brother out of prison; and her main agenda is to take revenge on the one person that took his brother's life and thus took away the last "warm feelings" from Scratch. As with Kalani, Saul, and Riley: I do understand.
In both cases I am not willing to go any further. There is no reason to justify or excuse things; maybe some of these things may seve as explanations, but nothing more than that.

Besides: If you are willing to neglect Scratch's "evilness" because of her dark and shadowy past thus putting everything about her into context, why wouldn't you accept the context of Kalani's story? Isn't this kind of a double-standardization as well? That struck my mind last night ...

Best wishes!
Liam
I'm not trying to excuse her actions, I'm merely drawing attention to the fact that our perspective is skewed. It's just how the story is being told. Sure, she's done some bad shit, but nobody in the story is innocent or without something shady or sinister in their past. We still don't know the extent of Angel's involvement with Scratch, and likely never will. Kalani killed a man in cold-blood. Pegs murdered a man in cold-blood. How many died during the attack on the tower on Scratch's side? Let me remind you, many of them were "slaves" and not there by choice. So then we get into an argument for guilt by association, and away we go again.

I'm actually a big fan of Kalani (loved hearing Kevin Flood's voice), and I had absolutely no trouble accepting his story. It made sense. I never felt as though the way he acted was at all wrong. I would have done the same in his position without guilt. I don't know if I would have flown the chopper into the tower, but...

My only point in all this is:

Burt and Riley are at the top of a slippery slope, and it won't take much to put them (especially Riley) in the same category as Scratch. They're both out for vengeance.