User Tag List

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    I hate this but this world that we've all become so attached, it's dangerous. Without loosing people we've come to care for and love than the atmosphere looses something. Our intrepid group has been lucky, far luckier than I think is possible. I will miss these characters very much, the actors did such a wonderful job bringing words to life. KC's writing is fantastic and riveting.

The quietness that we feel and are experiencing now is a true testament to the skill of all the wonderful people involved in this production.

Thank you.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser_Capelli View Post
    I wasn't really sure whether Datu would go or not. I thought maybe something like they get separated when it was time for him to turn. I'm glad his death was peaceful, in a way. Depending on what happens to his body I wouldn't be TOO surprised if he ended up as a special (if Ink gets him somehow). Unlikely, at this point, I think. We'll see.

As for Lizzy... man, that blindsided me. I knew someone was going because... well "Life and Death." We got the life, and then Datu died so... Well, I was frustrated because I didn't see any of this supposed foreshadowing that KC tells me he put in. I guess I'll have to wait his response here to see what he was referring to.
    I'm here Yeah, Lizzy's death is foreshadowed more by medical circumstances rather than Datu's more physical transition. Her symptoms starting in 43 were meant to lead into it in 44. There's a few small plants along the way, including Tanya saying how serious the situation is in Chapter 43. Had they stayed in Dunbar much longer they both would have died. If it wasn't extremely serious, she wouldn't have risked so much to get them to Cain. There's also small bits about Lizzy's exact medical condition that caused her death, which was that she bled out from not passing the placenta, and it becoming partially detached.

It's difficult to give hints, but also not to be too blatantly obvious. I wanted to ease everyone into the possibility of her death, rather than it being an outright shock. I weighed that when I decided on the title "Life and Death". It gave away a lot and there was much discussion behind the scenes on whether or not it gave too much away. Coming later this week I'll give some more behind the scenes insight as to what went into this episode, which has been planned for a very long time. Just to give a hint as to how long, DJ, who we recorded very early, is coming up on two years old in August.

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    It's such a sad way that Lizzy died.... I'm assuming that if the zombies hadn't arrived, Tanya might have been able to save her..... *sigh*

Kc, why are you so great at pulling at our heartstrings?
    Likes Mama_Chita liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    I'm here Yeah, Lizzy's death is foreshadowed more by medical circumstances rather than Datu's more physical transition. Her symptoms starting in 43 were meant to lead into it in 44. There's a few small plants along the way, including Tanya saying how serious the situation is in Chapter 43. Had they stayed in Dunbar much longer they both would have died. If it wasn't extremely serious, she wouldn't have risked so much to get them to Cain. There's also small bits about Lizzy's exact medical condition that caused her death, which was that she bled out from not passing the placenta, and it becoming partially detached.

It's difficult to give hints, but also not to be too blatantly obvious. I wanted to ease everyone into the possibility of her death, rather than it being an outright shock. I weighed that when I decided on the title "Life and Death". It gave away a lot and there was much discussion behind the scenes on whether or not it gave too much away. Coming later this week I'll give some more behind the scenes insight as to what went into this episode, which has been planned for a very long time. Just to give a hint as to how long, DJ, who we recorded very early, is coming up on two years old in August.
    Ok so then I was right in that all the medical talk was the foreshadowing. As I said before, the storytelling is extremely well done. I was mostly thinking you wouldn't kill her off because how is the baby going to survive, now? Formula, I guess, but does that expire and whatnot? Eh, I dunno, but I was like "there's no way they'll kill the baby and he needs Lizzy for that."

The whole time, though, I was just waiting for Scratch to show up and take the child after hearing where they were on the radio. With their saying "ANYONE come help" I was sure she would be there.

Keeping the title as "Life and Death" was brilliant because it gives Datu's death as a red herring to us thinking Lizzy would be fine. Aahhh I can't wait for the rest of this show. Keep up the great work, KC!
    Likes Mama_Chita, scbubba, Kc liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

So CJ's holding el niño, kinda taken over Lizzy's role ATM (come on! Play along!)
    Victor promised Saul that he'd take care of Lizzy and el niño is anything happened to him...
    So if Saul dies... Does that mean that CJ and Victor will raise the child together?
    I doubt it on the CJ part though, she's got way too much to do already...
    But please! Don't let it be Pegs...

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Robzombie View Post

While listening I was starting to think this just might be the moment that Burt has survived for. Thought maybe he would show up in time with Riley to hold them off while they get away and die doing so, but nope. His big moment is yet to come.

Oh No! Riley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    She's REALLY gonna take it hard. We know she's going after Scratch but who she (and SAUL) go after for Lizzy's death? I know somebody's gotta lotta payback a'coming.
    Likes Mama_Chita, MrRedBeard liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    So CJ's holding el niño, kinda taken over Lizzy's role ATM (come on! Play along!)
    Victor promised Saul that he'd take care of Lizzy and el niño is anything happened to him...
    So if Saul dies... Does that mean that CJ and Victor will raise the child together?
    I doubt it on the CJ part though, she's got way too much to do already...
    But please! Don't let it be Pegs...
    I thought you were going to suggest that C.J. was going to fill in as stepmother, and kindles a relationship with Saul. Yeah, I'd be o.k. with that. (Mourn first, Saul)

The main obstacle is that C.J. doesn't sound comfortable around babies. I just knew she was going to refer to the baby as 'it.'
    Likes Mama_Chita, Storm, Jannit liked this post
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Fucking awesome episode.

Was waiting for shit to actually hit the fan, the climax was definitely worth it. Very sad of course, but to keep momentum and story believable they had to go! It is a survival story and as any great horror/post apocalyptic story fan knows, not everyone survives!

I'm looking forward to the return of Scratch. And another appearance from Ink - really brings out the sinister side of the story!

Thanks Kc & all the cast, fabulous chapter as ever!!!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Jannit View Post
    You can actually induce lactation without ever being pregnant. Maybe someone volunteers as wet nurse?

Or like Osiris says...
    Holy Smoke, you're right!

It takes a bit of time, but it looks like it works.
    http://www.wikihow.com/Lactate
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyButters View Post
    Fucking awesome episode.

Was waiting for shit to actually hit the fan, the climax was definitely worth it. Very sad of course, but to keep momentum and story believable they had to go! It is a survival story and as any great horror/post apocalyptic story fan knows, not everyone survives!

I'm looking forward to the return of Scratch. And another appearance from Ink - really brings out the sinister side of the story!

Thanks Kc & all the cast, fabulous chapter as ever!!!
    Wouldn't it be great if they both made their reappearances in the same chapter? Then the shit would truly hit the fan!
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast