Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    ummm....wow. Just...wow

This whole episode I was waiting for the moment when someone was going to die. I kept thinking that one was real and one was a fake out. For a moment I even thought both Datu and Lizzy were going to pull through and we would end up with a surprise like Scratch returning to kill someone. But nope, Kc opted to rip our hearts out.

I'm still pretty stunned and most likely will be for awhile. But...well, wow. It's sad to see Lizzy and Datu go, but their send off was amazingly well done. It's nice to see a writer actually put some emotional investment into character deaths (I'm still bitter about the HIMYM ending). Datu's end was particularly fitting, going out in the same place Samantha died. And he got to have his moment of peace before he went. As for Lizzy, once again, way to rip our hearts out Kc!

And thanks to Jay and Blair for their performances. Not only in this episode but in the series as a whole. One of the things that makes us love this show is the investment in the characters. Both how their written and the performances that bring them to life. And that combination really does make it feel like these people are real and makes us all care about their stories.

Damn, I think this is the first time I've ever been glad for a chapter break. I'm gonna need that extra week to recover.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

...I don't even want to imagine how these first 30 minutes of the baby's life has damaged it... Loud gunshots, screams, lot of movement, blood, action........Can't be good for such a Little guy...Or anyone, now we're at it...
    The Winter isn't coming... We're already in the middle of a blizzard... (Yes, I just started reading A Song Of Ice & Fire)

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    ...I don't even want to imagine how these first 30 minutes of the baby's life has damaged it... Loud gunshots, screams, lot of movement, blood, action........Can't be good for such a Little guy...Or anyone, now we're at it...
    The Winter isn't coming... We're already in the middle of a blizzard... (Yes, I just started reading A Song Of Ice & Fire)
    Babies are resiliant little things. There are some definite beneifts in not being able to comprehend what is going on around you.

That's not to say little Nik is out of the woods as growing up in a post-apocalyptic world with zombies around every corner and as one of the last remaining humans on earth could really screw a kid up.
    Likes Storm liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HardKor View Post
    And thanks to Jay and Blair for their performances. Not only in this episode but in the series as a whole. One of the things that makes us love this show is the investment in the characters. Both how their written and the performances that bring them to life. And that combination really does make it feel like these people are real and makes us all care about their stories.
    To the point. No better way to say it. Thank you.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.