User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

The infection and remote tribes

So this is a first time post and I haven't seen any posts like this so I said I'd share my thoughts. So we know that the infection is in China, Hawaii and other places world wide. We also know that it spreads quickly. My question is: would the infection have reached small remote tribes? If the infection is airborne and there was say a tribe in the Amazon and there was a "hot zone" near the amazon would the infection hit the tribe? I'm just sort of assuming here, let me know what you think. Again this is my first post so I'm sorry if it's not very in depth.
    Likes Jannit liked this post

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    There are people so remote I bet it could happen. It could work the other way too--missing pockets of zoms because they are so remote. (In Search of: Zombies!). It depends on why is spreads so fast (you infect two friends and then they infect two friends...). If Ink hadn't been there to tinker; would it have burned itself out? Zoms eating each other into manageable numbers.
    Likes Merlin1274 liked this post
    SKITTLES?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points
    the way I look at it is that if people are there sooner rather then later the zombies will turn up. cause if we can get there so can they it will just take them longer
    Likes Eviebae liked this post

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Long live the United States of Micronesia - the zombie-free sanctuary.

https://www.google.de/maps/place/Mik...7a8dcdfaa46525
    Likes ZombiesBeLike liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    First thing is first: Welcome to the forums!

As to your post, I don't see any reason why this isn't possible! We've seen that zombies tend to slow down a lot in colder climates and if you combine cold climates with remote areas, I think it's completely possible that there are areas that haven't been affected.
    Likes ZombiesBeLike liked this post

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    I would Move to Alaska.. I bet it is one of a few safe havens..

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannit View Post
    First thing is first: Welcome to the forums!

As to your post, I don't see any reason why this isn't possible! We've seen that zombies tend to slow down a lot in colder climates and if you combine cold climates with remote areas, I think it's completely possible that there are areas that haven't been affected.
    Did they slow down in this show? Or are you talking generally? I thought they did just fine with the biting and the scratching and the *Klaven!*.

Still, it was cold but not hard core cold (I'm looking at you Wyoming).

Up till that episode I hoped the zombies would freeze in cold weather (nope). Also, we found out they wear clothing but not who does the laundry.
    SKITTLES?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points
    no matter where humans are, zombies WILL turn up no place is 100% safe its just a matter of time before they show up
    Likes Eviebae liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    Did they slow down in this show? Or are you talking generally? I thought they did just fine with the biting and the scratching and the *Klaven!*.

Still, it was cold but not hard core cold (I'm looking at you Wyoming).

Up till that episode I hoped the zombies would freeze in cold weather (nope). Also, we found out they wear clothing but not who does the laundry.
    I thought we heard them slowing down in one of the episodes around Boulder. Didn't we? I could just be imagining that. Even if I am, I think if you get cold enough any living creature is going to have a difficult time surviving.

The turned humans would likely be less resiliant to the cold than say the little ones but given their anatomy is still similar to ours, I don't think they'd do too well in sub freezing temperatures. Now if we get zombies that grow thick furry pelts, we'd really have a problem.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannit View Post
    The turned humans would likely be less resilient to the cold than say the little ones but given their anatomy is still similar to ours, I don't think they'd do too well in sub freezing temperatures. Now if we get zombies that grow thick furry pelts, we'd really have a problem.
    They seem to adapt to any physical threat--it seems like it gets harder and harder to penetrate their skins as they are shot/over time and the Ether slowly lost it's effectiveness. Though thinking of it; Ether is a solvent/hydrocarbon, right? Like the haze might be.

I've said in the past--how can their bodies distinguish a threat from normal wear and tear? Like, would their heartbeat result in a thicker and thicker heart muscle?

Before Bolder I thought the characters should have gone where it gets cold in the winter. Then the zombette showed up and seemed to do fine.
    Last edited by Eviebae; May 3rd, 2014 at 09:35 PM.
    SKITTLES?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast