User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    .......Like Pegs.....?
    Well... soon to be dead. Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    I think we should all take a moment, and a deep breath, and not jump on someone's tits on their first post. Yes? Yes, I am looking directly at you, Lit.
    Osi, I was NOT 'jumping on anyone's tits'... come on now. I certainly hope I haven't scared her off, and reading back over what I wrote I don't think I was being a dick about my response. It just so happened her first post expressed a strong opinion--which is great, everyone is entitled to one-- but there are really only two ways to respond: agreement or disagreement, right?
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Wait... Tanya's black? Do... wait... have we stopped being PC?

I think we should all take a moment, and a deep breath, and not jump on someone's tits on their first post. Yes? Yes, I am looking directly at you, Lit.
    Totally off-topic, sorry:

http://www.snotr.com/embed/3726
    Last edited by YetAnotherBloodyCheek; Mar 29th, 2014 at 08:18 AM.

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Well... soon to be dead. Hopefully.
    NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

But i think she will...

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    I think that Riley is the female version of Saul, and CJ is a female version of Michael, but (as much as it pains me) is slightly better than he is.....

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    Well, maybe we can skip gender studies class for today because nearly each and every character on the has shown characteristics of a neurological wreck - regardless of a specific gender.
    Besides, no one will dispute that Datu IS the whiny scream queen of WA.
    Why would you skip the point of her post? Oh, you're just trying to take a shot at her. Let's not do that shit, yeah? Welcoming arms. Welcoming.
    Likes Eviebae, Litmaster liked this post
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    And Evie, your point about 'blind spots' is well taken, but you could just as well claim 'blind spots' with regards to character dynamics for any demographic, no matter how you want to slice it:
    [/COLOR]
    That's what I was saying.
    It's an issue complicated by the fact this is the way our brain works. It's the factory default to use a sort of shorthand when dealing with "other." It's faster; as in we don't get et or kilt.

I think I've finally decided how Pegs story arc could have played out without being so annoying (at least to me). It's just such a stretch that she could have seen what she saw and not been convinced of the need to defend herself or others. She could have tried and not been able to do it--had an anxiety attack or just frozen. She could have done fine on targets but her hands could have shaken or she could have had a jerk to the side when shooting at zomboids.

As to females in the story: I agree that there are some excellent examples of feminine strength in the story. There's some interesting twinning of story arcs (Saul and Riley's searches, Kelly and Datu's non-traditional (gender) reactions). The females' stories do tend to happen in the background or in the past. Michael and Saul are the main heroes in a way that none of the females are.
    Likes Litmaster liked this post
    SKITTLES?

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered
    The flip side is, if everyone was tough, macho, and a killer, then no one would be interesting or real. How can you tell a story like this without the wide gamut of character strengths and weaknesses.
    Likes Gooer, Eviebae, Litmaster liked this post

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneraLee View Post
    The flip side is, if everyone was tough, macho, and a killer, then no one would be interesting or real. How can you tell a story like this without the wide gamut of character strengths and weaknesses.
    I also like how people just have bad luck.
    SKITTLES?

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    That's what I was saying.
    It's an issue complicated by the fact this is the way our brain works. It's the factory default to use a sort of shorthand when dealing with "other." It's faster; as in we don't get et or kilt.

I think I've finally decided how Pegs story arc could have played out without being so annoying (at least to me). It's just such a stretch that she could have seen what she saw and not been convinced of the need to defend herself or others. She could have tried and not been able to do it--had an anxiety attack or just frozen. She could have done fine on targets but her hands could have shaken or she could have had a jerk to the side when shooting at zomboids.

As to females in the story: I agree that there are some excellent examples of feminine strength in the story. There's some interesting twinning of story arcs (Saul and Riley's searches, Kelly and Datu's non-traditional (gender) reactions). The females' stories do tend to happen in the background or in the past. Michael and Saul are the main heroes in a way that none of the females are.
    Define and explain Riley's arc.
    joint-point-counter-joint

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Define and explain Riley's arc.
    Rileys arc:

Fuck it - get drunk
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast