User Tag List

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt

A special message from the author.

Hello there. Since you are reading this, thank you for coming. Special thanks to @nikvoodoo for having just enough trust in me to give it a shot.
    More thanks to a few English teachers I have had in the past that suggested publication could be in my future and to the forum members that urged me to write something... other than my incredibly long winded posts.

This has been a hobby of mine that started as a doodle on the back of a Geometry class paper some 23 years ago... and continued as such for quite some time.
    I really started to get the ball rolling in 1998 when I started writing a whole lot more seriously... and again a few years ago.
    A couple weeks ago when I got to talk to @Kc himself about being a writer and what could only be described as the We're Alive Fan Cast After Party... I also got to taking about writing with @7oddisdead and @katlero... well, a little voice in my head said: "Hey dumb ass, why don't you get back to writing again?" So I did and here we are.

An extra special thanks to Kc for not only having written and produced such an incredible program, but also providing an online forum that has grown into a fantastic community. One that can afford a tiny little corner of its soap box for me to stand on too.

What you might be about to read could have horrendous Yoda grammar, bizarre punctuation with far to many commas, grammatically incorrect use of Latin and occasionally conversations with a glaring lack of attribution. As far as I can see it, my calling these drafts is generous. Don't get me wrong I'm going to try my hardest to put my best foot forward but the extent of my education in writing is limited to High School English classes.

But, with that said, you still may find these stories fun and engrossing. I sure do.

What do I write about? Near future "hard" Sci-Fi. Part Aliens (Colonial Marines), Starship Troopers, Babylon 5, a bit of Firefly/Serenity, a dash of Globe Trekker and just a tiny pinch of just about every award nominated war film since the golden age of cinema... hope that clears things up.

Near future... its about 210 years in the future and humanity has spread it self out into the stars, encompassing a "sphere of influence" some 110 light years across. Along the way, we have made some friends... and as you might expect, many of the problems we find on Earth today, well... we brought them with us and have inflated them to interplanetary scales.

Enjoy. Who knows? I just might write "We're Alive: Atlanta" too.

Thanks,
    J. Arthur Smith
    Last edited by Red Shirt; Mar 24th, 2014 at 09:30 PM.
    Likes Kc, scbubba, TacticalJHP liked this post
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Looking forward to seeing this, sounds exactly like the kind of thing that will capture both my attention and imagination
    Likes Red Shirt liked this post
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

.....better not let me down....or I'll make your name white so fast you'll uh....you'll..........I'm sick I can't be clever.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Ooo this sounds interesting!!!!

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Create that dream, dude. Follow the Voice...
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Congrats, Red Shirt!

Looking forward to reading what you got. Thanks for putting it out here!
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Lurker"

Status
    As you know, the book is a personal account of my experience as a student and an academician. I have tried to write it in such a way that it is easy to understand and useful for those who are interested in pursuing higher studies. Try this https://lordofpapersonline.net/ you will get fine articale on writing tips. I hope this book will be able to serve as an inspiration for many people who are desirous of acquiring knowledge.