User Tag List

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Lit, two days and there was no one left in LA, I do not think that was enough time for them to be eaten or bitten. We have evidence that the gas itself can kill and or induce change. I figure everyone left is special with some partial resistance. The people left in LA have been preselected for some phenotype that runs in families.

Latch & Scratch
    Saul & Tanya
    Tommy & Kelly
    Samantha & Hope

I do not feel like a Lizzy & Nick Rivers link is too far out there. Although it could be misdirection for people like me that grab every lose thread and try to link them, but I do not think it is another Puck & Puck incident.
    Never gonna let him live down the two Pucks, eh? And that was just a simple name fuck-up!

Hmmmmmm..... this would help support the close 'family ties' that seem to be evident in the story (and implausible, given the population, at least initially), but contradicted by evidence such as Victor freaking out on the gas near ground zero, while Saul was not. But you did say partial resistance...

Interesting theory, but too far down the rabbit hole for me at this time...
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    I can't wait for how intense the tunnel situation is gonna be. Man oh man nothing freakier than a tunnel full of zanies pitch black. My guess there are gonna be tunnels under the colony Dunbar Kane hospital all over.
    Likes zombie Danny, Z Sniper liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Sounds like Datu is experiencing dissociative feelings, or a detachment from his own self, when he talks about watching from the back of his mind.

Just for kicks
    : There is an interesting connection to Haitian Voodoo zombies and dissociative drugs. One ingredient found in the zombie powder by Dr. Wade Davis (The Serpent and the Rainbow) was tetrodotoxin, found in puffer fish. The other was the plant datura or jimsonweed (Zombie Cucumber). This plants can make a person prone to suggestion in addition to dissociative feelings. http://zombie.wikia.com/wiki/Zombies

Now, just waiting for someone to make a connection based on the fact that the first four letters of datura are d,a,t and u.
    Likes REZombie, scbubba, Eviebae, Hoff4D, Storm and 1 others liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Assuming I get out of work on time tonight, I'll have a metric butt ton to say on the fan cast live feed tonight. I've been reserving most of my thoughts for that. But, since you want to be a jerk about it...

your again, taking my words to literally. Tell me what author you can jump on a forum and easily interact with? Tell me which ones you can say you talk to in a forum chatbox pretty much everyday if you really wanted? I'm not saying any of this is bad, and were getting drasticly off topic here...but my opinion "knowing" the author colors your opinion of the material. Period.
    Likes zombie Danny liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Play nice guys.
    Likes Verse, Gooer liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Sad part is....we are!
    Likes Mama_Chita, Verse, Litmaster liked this post
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points3 months registeredLoved

Quote Originally Posted by EpiEpee View Post
    She's far enough along in the pregnancy that the baby should make it...
    Do I remember correctly that the baby is due in three weeks? If that's the case, the baby should be fully "baked". I'm a father of three (plus one in the oven), and I can assure folks that doctors and midwives tell parents that at 37 weeks (3 weeks before full term), the green light is given. Any time after that is not considered premature.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Two other points not yet brought up:

Michael's Not Stupid!
    He makes this point twice to Victor when voicing his plans about the church surveillance, which kinda makes me think he is overcompensating for some inner doubts about his leadership skills. I noticed this was similar to how CJ several times makes the point about how 'selfless' her actions are, perhaps because of accusations, but also perhaps because of some inner doubts of her own in terms of whether or not she is a selfish leader. In this sense (the self-doubt), Michael and CJ have something in common.

To then to kick it up to a Meta-Psycho-Analytical framework, I would say that, given his status as the author and director (i.e., 'leader') of this story, and given that his two central 'leader' characters are both plagued with self-doubt.... I posit my theory that Kc himself is a depressed and lonely man possessed with self-loathing and inner torment.

Multiple Zombie Languages?
    Anyone else notice that Datu only responded to CERTAIN Zombiglyphs, but not all of them? Grog has probably got ten thousand tin hat theories as to why, but here's mine: certain glyphs are oriented as commands towards certain types of zombies-- runners, jumpers, behemoths, little ones, etc. They don't all speak the same language, but rather different variants of Zombiglyph language... Chew on that one for a bit, you wearing bastards!
    Likes Storm liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    Someone get Litmaster his coffee, he be mad. He when all Daryl Dixon on us.
    Or a Snickers. Those work too.

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    the last sentence there is the issue. Its unfair to judge the story on comparisons to our world. That's an issue for the reader, not the author. There's been enough of a separation of the two throughout the story (in my eyes) to make that a non issue.
    It is for this very reason that when I am doing my research, that I can and do get a little fast and loose with facts and figures. I don't recall any particular specifics, but it has happened more than once. I will be chasing down and following paths of research through Wikipedia and various other outlets online and occasionally hit a wall of mights, kindof's, sortof's, and/or maybe's. Given this is in a fictional context... #becausezombies, I try to not feel bad about a little fudging when I try to contextualize my information in a way so makes sense in the story and forms a consistent and coherent hypothesis.
    Likes Litmaster liked this post
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA Points1 year registeredWell Liked10000 Experience Points

Todd and Litmaster, it is time to hug.

Closer....yeah that's it. Get those lips a little --- woah....okay, now some tongue...
    Likes scbubba, Gooer, Storm, Litmaster liked this post

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast