"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Chapter 44: That's just my Baby Daddy

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    Bit early for that, maybe for the finale or summit.
    Nah, that'll be the musical episode
    Likes Mama_Chita, kent17, UndeadSweeper liked this post
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyhind86 View Post
    Nah, that'll be the musical episode
    Bonus Chapter: Hopes and Dreams

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ok, here's one title for the (former) RPG players:

*Victor's voice*: Chapter 44 - "Hey, hm, Michael - where's did you put the automap?"
    Likes scbubba, Verse liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA Points1 year registeredWell Liked10000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    For those liking Pegs:

The Cheerful, the Vermin, and the Scratched.

For those not liking Pegs:

The Pain, the Paining, and the Pained.

Best wishes
    Liam
    None may dislike THE PEGS, whose name is whispered in hushed and clipped tones among the pantheons of the living and dead.

I was really hoping that the cause of the zombies would be nanobots; they can be programmed with language, communication and can potentially rewrite DNA. Since they are tiny machines, they could even assimilate foreign matter to accommodate for the increased size and density of a behemoth or a little one, using solar power as conservation of energy.

What I'm guessing the answer will be though is something like toxoplasmosis or fungi, which have been known to alter perceptions. BUT....rewriting dna incredibly fast results in the problem of conservation of energy. Not only would it take a lot of energy to make a turned little one's skin turn rock hard in seconds, but it would create a LOT of heat as that energy is expended.

Likewise with a behemoth - where is the mass coming from? It reminds me of the Hulk - gamma radiation has enough potential energy to actually create matter, which is a kinda sorta weak science explanation. But in reality, for any of WA's zombies or monsters to exist, it would not only take a predetermined blueprint of the new DNA, but millions of calories to accomplish.

Of course, it could also be demons
    Likes scbubba, LiamKerrington liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon_Tyler View Post
    None may dislike THE PEGS, whose name is whispered in hushed and clipped tones among the pantheons of the living and dead.

I was really hoping that the cause of the zombies would be nanobots; they can be programmed with language, communication and can potentially rewrite DNA. Since they are tiny machines, they could even assimilate foreign matter to accommodate for the increased size and density of a behemoth or a little one, using solar power as conservation of energy.

What I'm guessing the answer will be though is something like toxoplasmosis or fungi, which have been known to alter perceptions. BUT....rewriting dna incredibly fast results in the problem of conservation of energy. Not only would it take a lot of energy to make a turned little one's skin turn rock hard in seconds, but it would create a LOT of heat as that energy is expended.
    Likewise with a behemoth - where is the mass coming from? It reminds me of the Hulk - gamma radiation has enough potential energy to actually create matter, which is a kinda sorta weak science explanation. But in reality, for any of WA's zombies or monsters to exist, it would not only take a predetermined blueprint of the new DNA, but millions of calories to accomplish.

Of course, it could also be demons
    Y'know, this observation is only due to Kc's reaction in the FanCast, but as much as I would have otherwise been all over this idea of yours I've got a feeling it's something else. Kc was asked about people being able to learn the "zombie language" and he really hummed and hawed over answering that one for a while. To me it implies that this is a possibility as it wasn't an outright "no" like it was with the nanobot idea. As one of our lovely hosts brought up at the beginning of the cast, maybe the humans are able to use the symbols against the zombies such as the Stop one Datu found.

Still a cool idea!
    Likes scbubba, LiamKerrington, Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Chapter 44: Michael, Victor, and Datu are walking around in the land of the living dead, finding lotsa clues about Ink, and at one point Ink himself, WHO escapes. Meanwhile, CJ and Pegs are setting up stuff at that lake thing...
    Chapter 45: More colony 2.0 stuff with Pegs and CJ. Cliffhanger will contain more Scratchness, maybe some Burtness too.
    Chapter 46: Burt and Riley drive to the hospital, we go back to Michael and the pals in the tunnels, they finally find their way out, Vic dies and Michael escapes with Datu, heading to the colony.

Chapter 47: Seing that everybody's left Michael listens to Tanya's message on the phone and takes Datu to the hospital, where Scratch and Tardust are also located. Before going there though, he contacts CJ and Pegs, Pegs flies back to LA without one-legged chinese dictator. Cliffhanger: Randy shows up!
    Chapter 48: Everyone's gathered at the hospital where everything will take place. People WHO will die are: Saul, Riley, Datu (Michael gives him the syringe), Scratch, and Kelly. Ink will be there too, and Randy will somehow help Michael kill him, after more freaky stuff's been revealed. At the end, Pegs flies the remaining people to the lake, and that's the END!
    I have no idea why I want the rest of the season to focus on this one day, but well...

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA Points1 year registeredWell Liked10000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jannit View Post
    Y'know, this observation is only due to Kc's reaction in the FanCast, but as much as I would have otherwise been all over this idea of yours I've got a feeling it's something else. Kc was asked about people being able to learn the "zombie language" and he really hummed and hawed over answering that one for a while. To me it implies that this is a possibility as it wasn't an outright "no" like it was with the nanobot idea. As one of our lovely hosts brought up at the beginning of the cast, maybe the humans are able to use the symbols against the zombies such as the Stop one Datu found.

Still a cool idea!
    At long as it doesn't turn out to be something hokey and impossible like a protozoa, bacteria or virus, I reckon I will accept anything.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Tunnel: Micheal describes the opening as being pulled up and jetting outwards from the inside. Also, no mention of removed dirt. Maybe it wasn't dug! Something came from underground!

Lizzy undergoing surgery: Of all of the surgery that has taken place in this story, will she and/or the baby be the only one/s to to need a blood transfusion? Who's gonna donate?

Checking out Cordova: The second time in this story when the survivors are working on a water supply issue and decide to investigate where the zombies are hiding at the same time. In both instances, they don't plan to be there long. Just enough time to 'see where they are going'. Also, they find themselves surrounded and decide to hide in the worst possible, yet only available, hiding place. (The zombie hole to Hell and the pile of zombie food bodies.)

What does it feel like to turn? I always wondered what happens to the person-inside during turning. It's chilling to think about. Especially the smart ones. Are they torn or tormented? I've experienced that 'back-seat of the mind' feeling myself. (No, I wasn't on drugs.) I was on the floor on all fours, under a table, balling my eyes out over the passing of someone dear to me. Or you can try this experiment.. http://science.howstuffworks.com/sci...experience.htm

Trap, Help or Happenstance?: Micheal seems to suspect that the Randy Bottle Incident was either a trap leading them to a location where they would be attacked (or perhaps the zombies assumed the survivors figure out where to go). The only thing that doesn't line up is that they found the address to Raydon Labs AT Raydon Labs. This makes the trap idea seem less plausible. So, maybe the Raydon Labs address was the location of the shopping supplies and Cordova address is where they are to be delivered. If this is the case, then maybe it is true that Randy was helping the survivors by biting Datu. OR, maybe he's setting a bigger trap. Difficult to see, the future. Always in motion. - Yoda Jenkins Or, maybe it was just fortuitous.

Magic Writing or Superstitious Writing on the wall?:
    800 years ago the Black Death was believed to have supernatural origins. It took time for the truth to be revealed. For millions, it never reveled, but it was a natural thing, regardless of how it seemed or what they believed.

Zombie Existentialists: What makes one a zombie? Being undead? Being under the spell of a puppet master? Not having control of your own will? Mice with the Toxoplasma Gondii parasite are effectually controlled by it to lose their fear of cats in order to be eaten by them. The parasite reproduces in the cat's intestines, gets pooped out and then infects other mice. Over and over again. Ophiocodyceps unilateralis does something similar to ants. It affects the ants' behavior, compelling it to perch on high leaves, which makes it a good target for birds that will eat it and continue the cycle. Not saying that the zombie agent is a parasite, nanobots or Elder Ones jism. Just that what ever it is it compels human's behavior. The symbols that control Datu, natural or artificial seems to work this way when he says that they 'mean' or 'feel like'. The only part that doesn't fall inline with this is the address. But time will tell.
    Last edited by Witch_Doctor; Mar 12th, 2014 at 02:19 PM.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Tunnel: Micheal describes the opening as being pulled up and jetting outwards from the inside. Also, no mention of removed dirt. Maybe it wasn't dug! Something came from underground!

Lizzy undergoing surgery: Of all of the surgery that has taken place in this story, will she and/or the baby be the only one/s to to need a blood transfusion? Who's gonna donate?

Checking out Cordova: The second time in this story when the survivors are working on a water supply issue and decide to investigate where the zombies are hiding at the same time. In both instances, they don't plan to be there long. Just enough time to 'see where they are going'. Also, they find themselves surrounded and decide to hide in the worst possible, yet only available, hiding place. (The zombie hole to Hell and the pile of zombie food bodies.)

What does it feel like to turn? I always wondered what happens to the person-inside during turning. It's chilling to think about. Especially the smart ones. Are they torn or tormented? I've experienced that 'back-seat of the mind' feeling myself. (No, I wasn't on drugs.) I was on the floor on all fours, under a table, balling my eyes out over the passing of someone dear to me. Or you can try this experiment.. http://science.howstuffworks.com/sci...experience.htm

Trap, Help or Happenstance?: Micheal seems to suspect that the Randy Bottle Incident was either a trap leading them to a location where they would be attacked (or perhaps the zombies assumed the survivors figure out where to go). The only thing that doesn't line up is that they found the address to Raydon Labs AT Raydon Labs. This makes the trap idea seem less plausible. So, maybe the Raydon Labs address was the location of the shopping supplies and Cordova address is where they are to be delivered. If this is the case, then maybe it is true that Randy was helping the survivors by biting Datu. OR, maybe he's setting a bigger trap. Difficult to see, the future. Always in motion. - Yoda Jenkins Or, maybe it was just fortuitous.

Magic Writing or Superstitious Writing on the wall?:
    800 years ago the Black Death was believed to have supernatural origins. It took time for the truth to be revealed. For millions, it never reveled, but it was a natural thing, regardless of how it seemed or what they believed.

Zombie Existentialists: What makes one a zombie? Being undead? Being un the spell of a puppet master? Not having control of your own will? Mice with the Toxoplasma Gondii parasite are effectually controlled by it to lose their fear of cats in order to be eaten by them. The parasite reproduces in the cat's intestines, gets pooped out and then infects other mice. Over and over again. Ophiocodyceps unilateralis does something similar to ants. It affects the ants' behavior, compelling it to perch on high leaves, which makes it a good target for birds that will eat it and continue the cycle. Not saying that the zombie agent is a parasite, nanobots or Elder Ones jism. Just that what ever it is it compels human's behavior. The symbols that control Datu, natural or artificial seems to work this way when he says that they 'mean' or 'feel like'. The only part that doesn't fall inline with this is the address. But time will tell.

[top]

Actually I wanted to rep you for all of this ... Awesome read ... !
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast