User Tag List

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Ok, so on one side we have the zombie code and possible changes in the brain. Swing it back the other way to the most mundane explanation. The symbols may be mason marks or something. A fraternal organization that Datu and others might have been part of. Nothing nefarious. Just a plain old society like mason, lyons or Shriners. No illuminati, new world order conspiracy, just a club.

Or, something darker. Kalani, Datu, Durai, etc. all these translate to chief or leader. Hell, even Saul is a hebrew king and Cohen, the guy who tattooed Ink, is hebrew for priest, Make it more of an old school family type connection. Almost everybody is in on the conspiracy, and that is what Michael is writing about.

Switching gears. Didn't Saul say Victor was a broker in this episode? Did he tell Michael he was an insurance salesman? Similar, but not the same. A chink in a background lie?

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    So what would Datu a pre-contractor , Randy an engineer and Ink a former Raydon employee all have in common? Latin words, how to create things, Autodesk??
    Last edited by UndeadSweeper; Mar 3rd, 2014 at 08:09 PM.

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Ok, so on one side we have the zombie code and possible changes in the brain. Swing it back the other way to the most mundane explanation. The symbols may be mason marks or something. A fraternal organization that Datu and others might have been part of. Nothing nefarious. Just a plain old society like mason, lyons or Shriners. No illuminati, new world order conspiracy, just a club.

Or, something darker. Kalani, Datu, Durai, etc. all these translate to chief or leader. Hell, even Saul is a hebrew king and Cohen, the guy who tattooed Ink, is hebrew for priest, Make it more of an old school family type connection. Almost everybody is in on the conspiracy, and that is what Michael is writing about.

Switching gears. Didn't Saul say Victor was a broker in this episode? Did he tell Michael he was an insurance salesman? Similar, but not the same. A chink in a background lie?
    Oh, a person can be an Insurance broker which can also mean an insurance agent or salesman. Well, at least in my area. Also Saul isn't always 100% credible on remembering things.
    Last edited by UndeadSweeper; Mar 3rd, 2014 at 08:17 PM.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    ya know, ive got to say...im really disappointed in all the nay-saying on the language thing. i'll be meandering my way to a point as I go along here..

first, lets look at "symbols" (im generalizing here) lets think of some symbols from history. perhaps the most notorious and well known of all...
    http://history1900s.about.com/cs/swa...ikahistory.htm

the swastika began its life as a symbol of "good" -literally translated into "to be good"...today however, its meaning has been run through the proverbial gutter. all of us now see that symbol and only think of the negative, when the simple truth is, only a fraction of its time in use has had anything remotely close to that meaning.

theres multiple symbols throughout history that have had multiple meanings, or not even the meanings generally associated with them.
    http://www.cracked.com/article_18606...r4=recommended

what does this have to do with our symbols? well, consider this...everyone wants to comment about/or compare to the learning variables with insta-zombie language...simple fact. none of the characters we are speculating on are exactly dullards. the learning curve for datu, like randy..and certainly ink for that matter...is not nearly as intense as the common biter.

*its at this point I wanted to go on a tangent about brain disorders, and the absolute uncertainty we as "armchair-scientists" have when it come to neuro-science. the idea of a brain disorder being a part of the effects of whatever the hell is happening here in no means seems far fetched to me, simply because of how little we know about the mind. but...I feel like whatever I say about it will cause the glazed over eyes effect. I wont waste my time.*

I feel like the idea of a separate form of understanding from what we know as our language is totally plausible, all things considered. how the brain interprets images and information is what our entire reality is made of. the words im typing right now are only read by all of us as that< - because of how our brains are wired, all of us wired similarly...with that in mind, imagine if that were not the case? imagine if what we see as "X" all the sudden means "sun". its not a change in our interpretation of X, its a change in the way those infected interpret it. I will drop one science-y thing...follow this link!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

its not a matter of a "zombie language" so to speak, just a different way of communicating. everyone is WAY overthinking this.

todd-0
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    all that above said...it could easily just be written in tagalog. although, the setup for the cliffhanger to this episode wouldn't make much sense, were that the case.

also, NOBODY seems to mention petes comments about datu having the pump all messed up. yes, stress could just be weighing on him...but what I have to wonder is what if he was reading his directions and blueprints for the windmill with his "zombie brain"?

heh...so much cool shit in this episode. it all just gets buried beneath the elephant in the room. really liked this one
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

its not a matter of a "zombie language" so to speak, just a different way of communicating. everyone is WAY overthinking this.

todd-0
    I have grapheme-color synaesthesia... (Was sighted for eight years before I went blind, so I do know colors)... Reading braille is quite annoying after a few pages, so I tend to avoid it.
    Let's take Kc Wayland as an example. Colors would be:
    White, orange, dark blue/greenish, white, black, dark green, white, dark brownish, black.
    When I say "red" you imagine the color, at least I'd guess so. Imagine doing that every time you see the letter B or S too. It can be nice though, remembering spelling of different long words is quite easy.
    I had memorized about 500 digits of Pi about 10 months ago, haven't written them down for some time, so back to about 200 at this moment.

Synaesthesia is a really interesting subject... You can actually taste the rainbow :P ... At least color-to-taste would be possible, as far as I know. Can't remember hearing about that kind yet though, but still.
    Likes scbubba liked this post

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I have grapheme-color synaesthesia... (Was sighted for eight years before I went blind, so I do know colors)... Reading braille is quite annoying after a few pages, so I tend to avoid it.
    Let's take Kc Wayland as an example. Colors would be:
    White, orange, dark blue/greenish, white, black, dark green, white, dark brownish, black.
    When I say "red" you imagine the color, at least I'd guess so. Imagine doing that every time you see the letter B or S too. It can be nice though, remembering spelling of different long words is quite easy.
    I had memorized about 500 digits of Pi about 10 months ago, haven't written them down for some time, so back to about 200 at this moment.
    Possible Scientific Underpinning of This Malarky

Daniel Tammet is a high functioning Autistic man with Savant Syndrome who sees numbers as combinations of colors and shapes (the images and colors for each number are stable over time). In the movie I saw, it seemed like rather than doing math in the usual way, he observes how numbers act in combination and can do some amazing high speed computations in his head. He can also memorize things really fast and can learn very difficult languages quickly. I remembered him because he fascinated me. His descriptions of the process seemed very intuitive (here's where I don't bring up Joseph Campbell's theories of the connection between significant cultural numbers and the average human heart rate).

So, Saul found antibiotics...wonder if they are like the ones Saul was given? Crossed fingers for them halting Datu's change--allowing him to function as a translator for our heroes (and to not die so I won't be sad).

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    Possible Scientific Underpinning of This Malarky

Daniel Tammet is a high functioning Autistic man with Savant Syndrome who sees numbers as combinations of colors and shapes (the images and colors for each number are stable over time). In the movie I saw, it seemed like rather than doing math in the usual way, he observes how numbers act in combination and can do some amazing high speed computations in his head. He can also memorize things really fast and can learn very difficult languages quickly. I remembered him because he fascinated me. His descriptions of the process seemed very intuitive (here's where I don't bring up Joseph Campbell's theories of the connection between significant cultural numbers and the average human heart rate).

So, Saul found antibiotics...wonder if they are like the ones Saul was given? Crossed fingers for them halting Datu's change--allowing him to function as a translator for our heroes (and to not die so I won't be sad).
    My numbers are just different colors, 2 is red, 4 is light blue (dark if we're talking about numbers in the 40's). The number 24 doesn't have it's own color, but rather just the way you'd write it, just with the numbers' colors instead. If I could draw I could have tried to show how I view the numbers. It's kinda like a chain I can move along tro focus on a certain one... Sounds kinda freaky. LOL.
    Regarding the drugs Saul found, I don't think they're the same. The ones he had were vancomycin and clindamycin. What he found at the hospital was spiramycin. I haven't looked much into that yet, but well...
    Likes Eviebae liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Well, lots has been said about The Zombie Code. Time to shift a bit, but still build on the concept. The Drug mentioned by Saul was Spiramycin. This is quite interesting in the zombie mythology. This is a drug used to fight Toxoplasma gondii. This, like rabies, infects many species of animals. But, the most poignant aspect is that researchers believe that it modifies the behavior of Rodents. They seem to become less fearful of cats!

See, the organism can infect many animals, but can only sexually reproduce in Cats. Like malaria, it sexual life cycle involves different species. The Toxoplasma gondii alters the behavior of rodents so they are eaten by the cat and it gets to have sex!

So, what do we have? Toxoplasma gondii is an infection that alters behavior. In fact, some researchers suspect that Toxoplasma gondii is the agent responsible for the "crazy cat lady" that we are familiar with. It can easily infect humans, and for most of us it is harmless, but some people go off the deep end.

In REAL life, we have Toxoplasma gondii and it alters behavior and one of the drugs of choice to combat it is Spiramycin
    Last edited by Grognaurd; Mar 4th, 2014 at 04:41 AM.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    But this virus is affecting the mind, so it could be also reprogram it to see things that we normal wouldn't noticed before. I think of it like the time you a driving down the same road over and over again. But when you sit on the passenger side of the car you notice a building or area that you never noticed before.
    It could open something up in the brain that is hidden there past down the DNA train.. But normals can not see or comprehend.. If this virus changes people why can it not alter and open up parts of the brain that are blocked off for the rest of us.. Science has already proven things are passed down in DNA. So a Z-Language is feasible in my book..

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast