User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Yeah, you can pretty much confirm at this point that The Family stuff and the outbreak aren't connected. Much like some of the characters in the story have said, that stuff is part of "the old world".
    Well, the conspiracy is strictly need to know. Just because the Family did not inform you, KC, doesn't mean they didn't do it...

Oh, well, one serving of crow please...

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved

Boom! Got a "Like" from the Writer/Director of the series on a post... and a official/confirm on a story plot. My day has been made. It is like I am a Super Star now. =p
    Likes FunkyDung liked this post

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm... well, I believe the Maller bombing of the arena happened right at the end of July, 2009, with the initial (we think) outbreak occurring on May 8th.

Not sure the exact timeline of when Scratch freed the prisoners, but it was presumably within a week or so of the initial outbreak, after shit hit fan and the prison was probably abandoned by the cops. I say within a week because the locked-up prisoners would have died of thirst or starvation in their cells if it was much longer than that. So consider these events (dates take from THE TIMELINE WIKI):

May 9-15 or so
    Mallers were freed from the prison.

- Just how was Scratch able to free them? Did she have help? What was her relationship with Durai prior to the outbreak, and what did the 'Families' have to do with that?

Mid-Mayish
    Deciding strength in numbers, the Mallers then needed a place to stay, claiming their mini-mall probably by May 20th.

- Which obviously didn't provide adequate protection, as evidenced by the Mallers desperate attempts to find new digs.

Mid-June
    Dunbar is overrun only a few weeks later, sometime in early to mid-June...

- How is it that CJ's massive fortification falls BEFORE the shitty-ass mall does?

June 26
    ...but the Maller's mall was still up and running on June 26, when Saul goes on his little moped spy mission.

- So I'm wondering how many times the Mall was attacked by Zeds during the month of June, and how much knowledge Durai gained during this time of Ink's 'Special' Zeds. Whatever happened, it must have been bad enough that Durai realized that Ink's Crew is such a significant threat that the entire Maller group is in danger of being eliminated by them

June 29
    Scratch & Latch pay a visit to the Tower, proving the Mallers now know of the Tower's existence.

- The fact that an attempt to move into the Tower was made on this day shows that Durai was not yet thinking they had to blow up the Arena to throw Ink off their trail. Perhaps he was thinking that he could defend the Tower successfully, not matter what Ink threw at them.

July 4
    Mallers attacked the Tower on the night of July 4th.

-Which fails, putting an end to this plan in Durai's mind, most likely.

July 30
    Mallers intercept Michael's radio transmission to the Tower about the existence of the Colony.

- What is strange is this happens ONLY ONE DAY BEFORE they bomb the arena?? Therefore, the bombing must have already been in the works BEFORE Durai learned of the existence of the Colony. So what was his plan, then? Simply to hit Ink where it hurts, and not as a means to 'cover his tracks' during the move down to the Colony??

July 31
    Mallers bomb the Arena.

So by this time, Durai must have realized that Ink is so relentless that unless the Mallers cause a major disruption to the hive, then will follow the Mallers wherever they go. What events led to this kind of realization? They obviously didn't feel safe even moving down to the Colony, or otherwise they would have simply moved south without the risky move of bombing their whole Arena on their way out of town...
    Likes scbubba, Footbutt, Storm, FunkyDung liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    I do not know about that, but I will say that be careful and parse the sentence carefully to ensure it is not miss direction.

I could say
    You would be lucky to have this person work for you...

Because
    1) He is super lazy and you will be lucky if he gets any work done
    Or
    2) He is awesome and you will be lucky to have him
    Or
    3) Recruit all you want, but he is unlikely to accept your offer
    I pick #2.. Lazy sometimes but not when its something I deem important.. LOL.. I am not an English Major. My sentences sometimes runnith awry.. and my spelling/grammar sometimes too.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Nah, the June 26 mopped is wrong. They rescue Lady. I think this has to be the first week, maybe a little more. In addition, when Kelly is tearing through Lizzy's stuff, she says the current supply of sweat bottles was three weeks worth of work. So, it has to be pushed back a minimum of three weeks.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

The mallers have to be freed and have Latch and Scratch get to Locked and Loaded before Angel and Saul get there. They get there before Burt or some how, overcome the smart one from Raydon Labs and his cohort while Burt is unconscious. Burt also says not that one, implying that he is aware the gun safe with the RPG had been robbed.

This begs the question of where was Burt? How do they get there before he does? I have another , but you have to probe the boards for my thread. I do not want to shoot myself in both feet on the same day! Lol

Thanks again, KC, for all the enjoyment the series has provided in pure entertainment value as well as leaving room for
    Likes scbubba, Verse liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    May 9-15 or so
    Mallers were freed from the prison.

- Just how was Scratch able to free them? Did she have help? What was her relationship with Durai prior to the outbreak, and what did the 'Families' have to do with that?

Mid-Mayish
    Deciding strength in numbers, the Mallers then needed a place to stay, claiming their mini-mall probably by May 20th.

- Which obviously didn't provide adequate protection, as evidenced by the Mallers desperate attempts to find new digs.

Mid-June
    Dunbar is overrun only a few weeks later, sometime in early to mid-June...

- How is it that CJ's massive fortification falls BEFORE the shitty-ass mall does?

June 26
    ...but the Maller's mall was still up and running on June 26, when Saul goes on his little moped spy mission.

- So I'm wondering how many times the Mall was attacked by Zeds during the month of June, and how much knowledge Durai gained during this time of Ink's 'Special' Zeds. Whatever happened, it must have been bad enough that Durai realized that Ink's Crew is such a significant threat that the entire Maller group is in danger of being eliminated by them

June 29
    Scratch & Latch pay a visit to the Tower, proving the Mallers now know of the Tower's existence.

- The fact that an attempt to move into the Tower was made on this day shows that Durai was not yet thinking they had to blow up the Arena to throw Ink off their trail. Perhaps he was thinking that he could defend the Tower successfully, not matter what Ink threw at them.

July 4
    Mallers attacked the Tower on the night of July 4th.

-Which fails, putting an end to this plan in Durai's mind, most likely.

July 30
    Mallers intercept Michael's radio transmission to the Tower about the existence of the Colony.

- What is strange is this happens ONLY ONE DAY BEFORE they bomb the arena?? Therefore, the bombing must have already been in the works BEFORE Durai learned of the existence of the Colony. So what was his plan, then? Simply to hit Ink where it hurts, and not as a means to 'cover his tracks' during the move down to the Colony??

July 31
    Mallers bomb the Arena.

So by this time, Durai must have realized that Ink is so relentless that unless the Mallers cause a major disruption to the hive, then will follow the Mallers wherever they go. What events led to this kind of realization? They obviously didn't feel safe even moving down to the Colony, or otherwise they would have simply moved south without the risky move of bombing their whole Arena on their way out of town...
    1) I think Scratch was more helping her Brother more than anything. We know she has issues with the Family. May be infered and me reading into it, but after the rape thing and them protecting the rapist... I think she was done mentally. She used The Families' 'Rules' to justify attacking Pegs. The more Durai faught against it the more she showed she didn't really care about the code. I am betting she would have let them rot is Latch wasn't there.

2)I think he moved them there for comfort. If it was purely tactical he would have stayed in Eastern Bay. They had cloths and luxery items. In a way Durai was the other side of the Coin to our Tower Folk. When dealing with Criminals he went for material stuff to help control them were as Michael went with security. Makes sence though. Criminals went for comfort first and the Military went for secruity. Durai changed his mind fast though.

3) I think it was b/c Dunbar and Co were much much more active and getting more secure by the day. Ink has shown to be a planner as well. With Dunbar so far ahead of the game.. they needed to go first. Even if it wasn't a master plan by Ink... Dunbar was active ALOT. Convoys, Water Works, Scavenger Parties. They were active and expanding. They would have been seen more. Mallers seemed to send one or two ppl out, and we know Michael and Co did the same. Regardless it makes sence Dunbar fell first. They were just seen more often.. or seen as a threat that needed to be taken out first. CJ was able to make Safe Houses... live stock (chickens).... fruit trees... all on her own (or at the begining with ppl. Still supports the Bigger Threat or seen more idea) so imagine if she had a year in Dunbar with a group. Either works out. Taken out before they were to tough... so simply seen first due to all the activity.

3) I think this is a Luck thing. My guess is he secured the Tankers for fuel then realized he could weaponize them if need be. My guess is he planned to use them to take out anyone that was not with him. People don't join you... you blow their house to hell and back then take the survivors as slaves. Betting he had ppl look into where the bodies went. Same as Dunbar and The Tower. We know Kulani got some info to them. When Kulani told Scratch "They over ran Dunbar", Durai knew the rules had changed. If they could crack Dunbar then The Mallers were up crap creek. He knew then the Zeds were organized in some way.

4) My guess is that this stems from him knowing Dunbar fell. He knew he needed something fast. Betting he was still saving the Tankers for the Arena. My guess is that if he was able to take The Tower he still would have blown the Arena up. Durai seems to be much more aggressive than Dunbar and The Tower. Where they just played defense he played offense. I think this stems from him being a mobster. You bury the enemy.

5) I agree. I am betting he realized that this was a foolish idea. They were dug in to deep. Better to look else where. Willing to bet that given time he would have come back, but by then he found The Colony.

6) Yeah. I am thinking this was in the works as soon as he realized Dunbar fell and they needed a new home. Move in and scatter the enemy to ensure you can dig in. Do it when you have a secure place just in case there is blow back. Betting he was smart enough to know Ink needed to die. If Lizzy can figure out the Zeds are ambusing ppl then The Mallers could to. Odds are some of his slaves were Dunbar survivors. I really believe he planned from the start to use The Tankers as Weapons of Mass Destruction. He just changed who he was aiming at.

7) See above. He knew Ink was a major issue. Betting he was hoping to wipe him out. Worst case make him weak enough to stop. If there would not been a riot I think that he could of held the line when the Zeds attack in mass.
    Likes Storm liked this post

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Well, the conspiracy is strictly need to know. Just because the Family did not inform you, KC, doesn't mean they didn't do it...

Oh, well, one serving of crow please...
    I just try to keep you guys on track. Too large of tinfoil hats will block out the eyes.
    Likes scbubba liked this post

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    I think the logical thing to keep in mind is just "who" durai was before all this happened.

I don't want to speculate on how scratch got them out so quickly, got over to burts place so quickly, etc...i think those things fall into 'suspend disbelief' territory. I rather look at durai as a mafia-style boss who has to analyze a threat and handle it as quickly as possible.

when you know your threat could be other people, or other "creatures" as the case here. The firebomb idea becomes a quick n dirty solution. Hell, not too long ago we all were discussing how best to handle the jail. Overall opinion?:burn it down. Most of durais decisions are logical, well calculated, and above all...done as quickly as possible to keep his people "safe"

the tinfoil hat stuff is fun, and keep it going folks, for sure...just understand that its just that...
    Likes scbubba, Footbutt, Eviebae liked this post
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by kent17 View Post
    I just don't see the point for someone to unleash a global epidemic like this to implement a "new world order" as what is there left to reign over? Is there a super secret bunker full of monocle wearing Monopoly guys somewhere? What is their endgame, who will drive their fancy cars?
    If I may quote Alfred of Batman... Some people just want to see the world burn.
    Likes kent17 liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast