User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH

What did Durai know and when did he know it?

i'm more leaning into the theory of Durai knowing SOMETHING about the zombies early, early on, and maybe even before the outbreak.

Even though they took on slaves, his conversation with Michael/Peggs at the first Tower encounter makes it seem like he truly want to work something out and he was surprised when Kalani fired shots to provoke them.

and in the aftermath of the Maller tanker convoy attack, Scratch says this about the removed arm of the Little One:
    "This is exactly why we are not [referencing just hauling supplies].
    They will follow us, and they will find us wherever we go. That thing on the ground is just the beginning, and Durai understands that. That's why he sent us here [to destroy the Arena]."

now this could just be the concept (that was sucessful!) of the Mallers "breaking away" from the LA Zeds, but i want to believe Durai had SOME knowledge about either Ink's involvement or the outbreak in general. Though Bill Roberts' crimes were acted out alone, there's still the possibility of a crime syndicate involvement, right?

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    I also think there is something to this. It pops up every once in a while. Here are some other tidbits to add to the conspiracy theory.

Scratch says that Durai had plans for all those tankers when speaking to Latch at the clothing boutique. Latch & Scratch seemed to have scouted out the pumping station, they say they saw the hybrid wreck and Saul wonders if he heard them. These events occur after a super smart one drove a car to blockade the ambush of the Dunbar group. Since Lady is still alive, I think this occurs early in the outbreak. Probably a week, maybe 10 days on the high side. Those food and water dispensers are designed for a few days, not a few weeks.

Tardust is very fearful of revealing something to Kilani. The compromise is they identify that there is a threat they want investigated, but not what the threat is. Scratch says something like what they might be. Five million people just died in LA. I just do not accept that the mallers are fearful that one member of a SWAT team or a prison guard survived.

In chapter one, the zombies are described as faster and stronger than people. Bricks breaks the neck of one. So, he is big and strong, but he is disturbed by the special ones. So, we know that he has some info on special ones. My guess it is the cunning of the smart ones or some of the ones Ink seemed to grow.

Let's not forget that Latch was in Prison for a crime Scratch committed that would have put her on Death Row and it was a FEDERAL crime, not a local crime.
    Likes Footbutt, FunkyDung liked this post

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    It is interesting.. But I think KC said something once that the Family was not tied into it..

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1274 View Post
    It is interesting.. But I think KC said something once that the Family was not tied into it..
    I do not know about that, but I will say that be careful and parse the sentence carefully to ensure it is not miss direction.

I could say
    You would be lucky to have this person work for you...

Because
    1) He is super lazy and you will be lucky if he gets any work done
    Or
    2) He is awesome and you will be lucky to have him
    Or
    3) Recruit all you want, but he is unlikely to accept your offer
    Likes REZombie, FunkyDung, Merlin1274 liked this post

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered
    I believe Kc Tweeted that the families story line has played out or something along those lines. I wish I could find the tweet or post, but I'm coming up blank

He has been specific that Bill Roberts was never at Eastern Bay. A Maller could have been in the county jail with him at some point (Transfer To and From Court) and some information could have been exchanged.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

I did see a post where KC said a story line had been played out. The question was actually what was Angel's connection to the family. Angel was something like Durai and Scratch, but turned his back on it.

So, I do not know if it is the family story line that has played out or if Angel's role with the family. When I parse the question and answer I think "Angel" is played out. But, I could see it being "family".

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved

It is very very odd. It would have had to been early in the outbreak when they met the Mallers. Durai having plans already was very odd. Who goes "Hey.. seems we got Zombies. Lets turn tankers into Bombs to blow up a nest just in case." or "Lets make Tankers into Bombs to break into people hideouts". That early into the game as well.

It could have been that he was just smart though. He sent Kulani as a spy to a tower, set up a system to monitor all the air waves, and was very good when he attacked the Tower. If Michael and Co had not used the Sweat then odds are they would have gotten though. Not just due to numbers. He has lookout posted to pick off any Zeds incoming. Fire Engines (Gathers and working as well. Means they had to find them and ensure they were working. Not just a quick pick up one day). It could have easily been that he knew he would need a Wall Buster. Got the fuel depot to ensure he had fuel and be able to make what may be the powerful weapon left in the world (Outside of the Nukes, but that was a thing unto itself) just because he was a planner.

I have always said that Durai was a lot smarter than we knew. Scratch just let him out and got stuff done, but my gut says that he was a smart leader. Pulled his resources and made something out of nothing.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved

As far as The Family goes.....

During one of KC's Q&As I asked if he had to change the story any to reflect the actors schedules. Like Actor A could not record... so KC places in Actor B to keep the show recording. He said that the Angel thing was always meant to end like it did, but at a later date. That due to Shane Salk unable to record the pushed it much closer. With KC saying The Family is pretty much done (As much as we can get a solid answer from KC), my guess is that if (and I don't think there was) a connection between The Family and the Zeds we will never find out due to him changing it.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered
    Durai is an interesting character that we never seem to quite know enough about, he is shadowy enough that there could have been some higher orders he was following.
    Personally I don't buy into the new world order or families conspiracy since as far as I can tell I don't see the pieces there. that being said I'm sure enough of the pieces are there for us to suss out most of the story and I for one am still having trouble seeing the forest from the trees.

I just don't see the point for someone to unleash a global epidemic like this to implement a "new world order" as what is there left to reign over? Is there a super secret bunker full of monocle wearing Monopoly guys somewhere? What is their endgame, who will drive their fancy cars?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Verse View Post
    As far as The Family goes.....

During one of KC's Q&As I asked if he had to change the story any to reflect the actors schedules. Like Actor A could not record... so KC places in Actor B to keep the show recording. He said that the Angel thing was always meant to end like it did, but at a later date. That due to Shane Salk unable to record the pushed it much closer. With KC saying The Family is pretty much done (As much as we can get a solid answer from KC), my guess is that if (and I don't think there was) a connection between The Family and the Zeds we will never find out due to him changing it.
    Yeah, you can pretty much confirm at this point that The Family stuff and the outbreak aren't connected. Much like some of the characters in the story have said, that stuff is part of "the old world".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast