User Tag List

Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettANewton View Post
    KC used a shovel to prepare me for the roll. Method acting is hard sometimes
    Solid episode.

Great whole chapter.

Make sure puck comes back in the story, and not just tucked away. Tell KC to give him some baseball cards in the hospital bed or something.
    Likes LiamKerrington, Storm liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH

Puck's last line in this chapter is reminiscent of Michael's Season 3 closing line.
    Even Lizzy's previous line from the Season 2 opener during the fire, when Michael argues that their water reserve is for drinking and she says, "what good will it do when we're all dead" or something like that. i can see the same arguement being used for dealing with Ink vs. resource procurement.

i think it's all action and fast music from here on out!

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    So, I'm all tore up from listening to the episode and then I come in and see the Fort Irwin Kings of Comedy all lined up smiling like that.....

As someone else has already said: best and worst episode so far. I was doing ok until Robbins started trying to get Muldoon. And then someone must have started cutting onions in my truck or something cuz I had eye leaks.

Very well done! Tony Rey, Shaun Lewin, Christian Vieira: it was great hearing your voices on the show. Your characters are at the top of the list for me and a lot of others. Thank you!!!
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Just went back and listened to 11-1 since there was a physical description of "Pinstripes" in the Tower:
    6 and a half feet tall, broken and crooked teeth, skin covered in tattoo, bright green eyes.

Puck's description in 42-3: white teeth against his dark ink face

We've had a bunch of discussions about the apparent differences in behavior between Pinstripes in the tower in Chapter 11 and Ink/TOWTM in other encounters. This, to my thinking anyway, might hint back to their being some difference between the two. Not going to beat the horse too much but just bringing it up to say that it might have been another experiment that Roberts was doing.

He obviously was doing lots of physical experiments on mostly criminals, some definitely violent. What if he was also doing some experiments on another group looking for intelligence? I think we are supposed to assume that the Little Ones are smarter than your average Zed (see "Red Winter", "It Only Takes One", and some other episodes) and the oft repeated mantra from Burt in Season 1: "The smarter you are in life...."

It makes sense to me that he could have intelligence trials too. The zombie change by nature gives some enhanced physical characteristics. Pick a likely candidate, give him the "thinker" drug cocktail, dress him up in a nice suit (and body armor), and send him to see if he can infiltrate the Tower.

Maybe a little to for some, but it seems in the realm of plausibility.....
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Merlin1274 liked this post

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalJHP View Post
    They posed no threat to Ink. No point in killing them when allowing them to live serves a better purpose.

CJ was cornered in Dunbar's basement armory, holding off zombies when Ink said "Leave her." He realized she was alone, and pinned. The rest of the tower has fallen, there was no point in forcing her to come out and loose more of his forces, so he left her in her hole. No threat.

Duncan (skittles) had a mental breakdown and hid. No threat.

Riley and Kalani at the hospital posed no threat either. He laughed when Riley drew her bow, and caught the arrow easily. They ran. No threat.

Puck had compound fractures in his arm and leg, as well as a concussion. He probably LOOKED one step away from dead, but either way, he was neutralized. No threat.

All of these people were able to then tell their story, and pass along the terror and expand on the myth of "The Man in the Pinstriped Suit," "The One With The Markings," "the colored one," and "Ink."

This is Psychological warfare 101.

What you have to remember is, while ink may have managed to get a good lawyer to get an insanity plea at his trial....He is NOT crazy.

"He knows exactly what he is doing."
    I like this idea of why Ink left the people he did (I mean, other than to progress the story and give the listener the bread crumbs...) and it's at the top of my list of why.

But I also have this idea gnawing at my brain that Roberts is a scientist, albeit a deranged one, at heart and he is studying. I'm not sure if he is trying to weed out all but the most fit remaining humans for use as stock or if it is just the curiosity of seeing something different (people in a survival situation).

The closest interaction with Ink/TOWTM/Pinstripes was in Chapter 11 at the Tower and, as I noted above, that might not have actually been Roberts. Other than that, he has not done much to be directly involved in conflicts - in the big battle at the Colony his direct role was to jump up on the wall, kill one person, and open the gate. He fled in a hurry once that was done and Saul started trying to shoot him.

So maybe he's thinking of himself as some sort of god playing with life on earth. He's staying removed/detached from much of it and letting his creations play out their roles....
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Elisa, Storm, kent17, Merlin1274 and 1 others liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH

self-preservation supercedes a curious mind, me thinks.

i think Bill Roberts found a "cure" or "happy Man/Zed medium", by evidence of his cleaned-up teeth.

either that, or he found some dentures.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Footbutt View Post
    self-preservation supercedes a curious mind, me thinks.

i think Bill Roberts found a "cure" or "happy Man/Zed medium", by evidence of his cleaned-up teeth.

either that, or he found some dentures.
    Could be. Could be I'm reaching on the physical description too. Puck only says white teeth. No mention of being straight and nice. No mention of NOT being broken or crooked. Also, I'm not sure we ever get another height reference. I need to go back and listen to Devil's Workshop again to see if Riley or Kalani make mention of how tall he is. 6' 6" is tall enough that most people would take notice. I'll give Puck a pass on the description because he was hurt bad and fearing for his life at the time.....
    Likes LiamKerrington liked this post

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Angel View Post
    True but there's still a possibility the beast didn't use his full strength. It has been shown in the past some of them like to toy with their food and this one seemed no different, especially by waiting to attack Puck until after fully destroying the truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Yeti View Post
    Yea I agree maybe it was ordered to wound them by ink instead of kill ultimately he's controlling them.
    KC has already said that they are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    No to shoot this down, but I'm going to. Behemoths kill by brute force. They don't bite or gnaw. Puck's descriptions of what happened are filters for any brutality that might have occurred. They're not getting back up.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post

The closest interaction with Ink/TOWTM/Pinstripes was in Chapter 11 at the Tower and, as I noted above, that might not have actually been Roberts.
    It was Roberts.

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Could be. Could be I'm reaching on the physical description too. Puck only says white teeth. No mention of being straight and nice. No mention of NOT being broken or crooked. Also, I'm not sure we ever get another height reference. I need to go back and listen to Devil's Workshop again to see if Riley or Kalani make mention of how tall he is. 6' 6" is tall enough that most people would take notice. I'll give Puck a pass on the description because he was hurt bad and fearing for his life at the time.....
    Correct. His teeth are the same. He was just commenting on the contrast of the teeth against the color of his skin.
    Likes scbubba, Sin Angel, Storm, zombie Danny liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Pin

So, in an attempt to summarize all of the stuff we've been talking about in regards to the markings, I made a picture. It's pretty incomplete and I'm missing a bunch of information but it's a start!

There is a bit of crossover between the markings on Ink's hand and his head. Kinda makes me wonder why he'd bother with the same image multiple times unless there was some additional information in the repetition.

If there's anything I missed, please let me know (which is probably a lot).

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/t...psfd662f4c.jpg

ETA:

Here's another version: http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps8b4fa6c1.jpg

I made the letters bigger, the hand picture is bigger and I found a few more symbols when I enlarged everything.

Edit #2: Here, I finally figured out how to add attachments. Derp.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jannit; Feb 6th, 2014 at 11:56 AM.

Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast