User Tag List

Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi.

I could not resist ...

InkmeetsPuck.jpg

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Y'know, a thought just occurred to me when re-reading some of the posts. What if Ink knows perfectly well that the food supply is decreasing and he is taking steps to deal with that issue? The colony could just be his people farm, after all. He could be giving the surviving people enough room to feel like they're in charge while ensuring that if anyone gets out of line or goes poking around where they shouldn't, they die. By doing this, the survivors would be less likely to go on a full frontal assault and cause issues for Ink. Plus, if they're allowed to feel secure, they start doing crazy things like making babies to carry on future food lines.

Perhaps the re-telling of the stories is done by the survivors to the next generation of those in the people farm (sort of like an oversized arena).
    Likes ZombieWildfire, kent17 liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    I think that is interesting jannit. Building on it somewhat...

What is the colony? A colony of what? Most of the colony are names masses. Most of them submitted to the rule of Marcus, then Gatekeeper, then the mallers, now CJ. Eliminate a few key players and they might just as easily follow Ink.

I have always wondered about the term colony. Colony, to me, implies expansion into a new territory. Quite different from a retreat to safety as in a castle or fort.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannit View Post
    Y'know, a thought just occurred to me when re-reading some of the posts. What if Ink knows perfectly well that the food supply is decreasing and he is taking steps to deal with that issue? The colony could just be his people farm, after all. He could be giving the surviving people enough room to feel like they're in charge while ensuring that if anyone gets out of line or goes poking around where they shouldn't, they die. By doing this, the survivors would be less likely to go on a full frontal assault and cause issues for Ink. Plus, if they're allowed to feel secure, they start doing crazy things like making babies to carry on future food lines.

Perhaps the re-telling of the stories is done by the survivors to the next generation of those in the people farm (sort of like an oversized arena).
    I like this Idea but I feel like they would need to have more colonists in order for this to be a viable plan.

I think a good bit of it boils down to the fact that Ink is just Crazy...... Crazy people are very unpredictable....... Right about the time you think you know what they are going to do, they do something different.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gnex View Post
    I think a good bit of it boils down to the fact that Ink is just Crazy...... Crazy people are very unpredictable....... Right about the time you think you know what they are going to do, they do something different.
    I am close to this thinking as well. But the idea of Ink "allowing" the survivors to survive on his term in order to make him and his monsters survive is creepy and not as unlikely as it may seem. Puck's mentioning of Ink's eyes and his commentary on it support such an idea: "Ink knows perfectly well what he is doing." (rephrased) Puck was ata near death experience; and I think that allowed him to understand properly well what is going on in Ink ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    QUOTE=Grognaurd;72283]I think that is interesting jannit. Building on it somewhat...

What is the colony? A colony of what? Most of the colony are names masses. Most of them submitted to the rule of Marcus, then Gatekeeper, then the mallers, now CJ. Eliminate a few key players and they might just as easily follow Ink.

I have always wondered about the term colony. Colony, to me, implies expansion into a new territory. Quite different from a retreat to safety as in a castle or fort.[/QUOTE]

Good point. The colonists here do seem very much like sheeple.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnex View Post
    I like this Idea but I feel like they would need to have more colonists in order for this to be a viable plan.

To be fair, we're assuming he's crazy. He clearly has a master plan in all that he does. Just because it's not normal or "right" doesn't mean he can be discarded.

Also, who is to say there's only one colony? LA is a big place and there could be more. Heck, California or the US in general are big enough for a LOT of colonies.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    So Ink left the keys in the gate, then shuts the gate behind our soldiers. Did he need another set of keys to lock it behind them or are they self-locking? I wonder why he left the keys in the gate at all, why not just leave the gate open, then shut it when they walk in.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    So Ink left the keys in the gate, then shuts the gate behind our soldiers. Did he need another set of keys to lock it behind them or are they self-locking? I wonder why he left the keys in the gate at all, why not just leave the gate open, then shut it when they walk in.
    Cause he is Crazy!!!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    I think he set them up as soon as they got there. Keys in the door to convienient. They were food he knew curiosity would lead them deeper in leading them to his monsters. He shut the gate so they couldn't escape. He let puck live to send a message to the others. plus puck escaped I think he's all about the game think about the arena puck beat the game so he let him live.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    I know this is a stupid question but what's a control he said he left one guy as a control. I assume he was normal

Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast