User Tag List

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    It's entirely intentional. What ghosts did you think we were chasing?
    The inner ghosts the torment the characters souls?

Or is that too on the nose?

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points3 months registeredLoved

I just got around to listening to the episode.

Every last f-ing person responsible for this episode deserves a standing ovation.

Just when I was getting tired of the character drama stuff, KC drops one of the best episodes of the series on us.

Damn...

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---

mortem section

well, here we go!...

so as I said about ten pages back, wow. this episode was soooooooooooo badass. if you haven't repped or liked the few posts that the guys (tonyrey, xtn, latency man) have made, wtf is wrong with you? go do that now!

alright, done? so we have about a billion things to go over..lets go ahead and start with...

the symbols

personally, I don't believe the symbols actually mean anything....at least not to us and not in the conventional way they are used in our language/symbology. I could see their usage being one of two things; the simpliest version being a "reminder" for bill of formulations he knew prior to z-day. as an examble, lets say he had a formula to produce fever like symtoms, chemically within the body. fever=heat heat=fire fire=hell hell====sulpher. see where im getting at?

the other idea, and a little harder to buy (but boy, do I try to sell it!) is that the symbols actually have a separate meaning when changes occur in the brocas area(language center) of the brain. what if the symbols and the zombie calls,grunts, screams, etc are actually a separate language of their own? many symbols can mean one thing to us, but travel halfway across the world and the same symbol means you just insulted someones mother. theres too many variables in whats going on here to write the idea off as hogwash. and to further elevate the idea, think of how datus opinion changed on what randy said after a few hours. id love if someone went back and overlapped the two sections to see how they sound.

the inmates.

while I found most of this situation disturbing, I must say...if I were a super-crazy-awesome-madscientist-villain...id probably do the same thing. your test subjects are already captive, no need to catch them. in all likelihood the jail was the first place he went. it seems as though whatever the "zombie virus" is, it adapts to whatever its fed. it also adapts to the personality of whomever its hosted by. the behemoths seem to all be the most aggressive of the jails inmates. in many ways this makes sense. so take some super-pissed off inmates..bite em, hop em up on a billion mg of hgh and see what happens. sure, theres cancer..but who cares? you can always make more....

"GREG!"

is/was this the first time we hear Muldoon's first name? I don't remember exactly, but it feels like it was. everyone, including me up^ there has said, these guys did an amazing job. after all the fun we had with them, they all go out with a real emotional bang. awesome stuff.
    to any of the guys, the morning of the live event the "w/a convoy" is taking a tour of the real places used in the story, I think I can speak for the group in saying we would be elated if any of you wanted to join us
    jus' saying. the peoples love ya! im mildly fond of you in a manly way as well! @_toddisdead if interested!

bill

god, what a evil, sadistic, insane, crazy-AWESOME BADASS. as much as I want to not like him...fuck, what a well written villain. but I have to wonder, if bill was there..where did we see randy at? and then randy popped up at the colony, but that's the other direction...hell im lost. more on that in a sec. my big question...puck said "the light shining off his teeth, contrasting his inked up face"(paraphrasing)...yet, when we had the run-in with him in the tower...the comments were about his "nasty, broken teeth" what gives there? simple issues with description, or something else?

a case for randy

so, lets go back to randy's shopping list. our description of that was the word "follistatin" some symbols and possibly words that nobody could understand... sound familiar? what im proposing here is the idea that randy simply made notes of what he found in the jail and went shopping on his own. so lets connect our theoretical "dots"

early randy appearances have him as a "grunt"
    later on he appears as a fellow leader at the colony attack
    we have randy either present at, or the cause of the death of a couple inklings
    randy "might" have held one off from biting datu
    randy has a note, with possibly some of the info found at the jail

again, amazing episode! im sure ill have a few more of these big posts before we get to the next chapter. hell, I didnt even touch the chemical combos, and who they were used on. gotta leave red shirt something to do!
    Likes scbubba, Sin Angel, Jannit, Litmaster, Storm liked this post
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    I think we all thought along the same lines as CJ, that all the groups were chasing the ghosts of Ink and the Mallers...
    Likes skankyfish liked this post

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by katlero View Post

On other notes.... WHAT THE HECK IS THIS LIVE EVENT IN JULY AND WHY HAVENT I HEARD OF IT!?
    first, check this out:

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/s...-via-this-poll

then, check this out:

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/s...-finale-convoy!

were we chasing the ghosts...or were the ghosts doing the chasing?
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Here's a screen cap of Brett Newton aka Puck. Think it goes perfect after listening to that last episode.

Screen Shot 2014-02-04 at 2.28.11 AM.jpg
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Eviebae liked this post

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    [COLOR="#A9A9A9"]"GREG!"

is/was this the first time we hear Muldoon's first name? I don't remember exactly, but it feels like it was. everyone, including me up^ there has said, these guys did an amazing job. after all the fun we had with them, they all go out with a real emotional bang. awesome stuff.
    to any of the guys, the morning of the live event the "w/a convoy" is taking a tour of the real places used in the story, I think I can speak for the group in saying we would be elated if any of you wanted to join us
    jus' saying. the peoples love ya! im mildly fond of you in a manly way as well! @_toddisdead if interested!

Pretty sure we hear his first name when Michael radio's the Blackhawk as they fly towards Fort Irwin, but besides that, I think he is usually called Muldoon....

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalJHP View Post
    Here is my theory on Ink.

He is not directly responsible for the outbreak, but predicted it occurring. He also figured out a mixture of chemicals that kept him self aware after he turned, giving him the ability to continue researching his warped ideas, but with a body capable of surviving the outbreak. He then murdered a few people so he would be in a secure position when the initial outbreaks took place, making sure he did not die before being bit. Also, while in jail he decided he needed a few notes that he would not loose or be confiscated.

After being bit, he was free to set up shop at the arena, hospital, and jail...

The world is his playground.

Now...what is his end game?
    Let's add a wild thought:

I wouldn't want to go as far and say: Bill knew what was gonna happen; but as the scientist he was and considering what he did at Raydon Labs I guess it is safe to assume that he received a lot more immunization-treatment against all kinds of viruses and ill-effects which made him sustain the zombie-factor much better - he still ended with the body of the zombie, but with the brainszZ of a mad genious. Now what, if he is not the only scientist who has ended like this - not in LA, but in other places around the globe?

Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    Hey guys, this is Pvt. Carl (Christian Vieira). Just wanted to thank all of you for all your love and support! It's been a great ride!
    and
    Quote Originally Posted by LatencyMan View Post
    Hey everyone, Muldoon here. Thanks for all the support and kind words. It really means a lot. I had a blast with this and I'm so incredibly grateful to be part of it. Thanks to KC for letting me participate in something so special.
    and
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrey View Post
    Just read everyone's comments and re-listened to the episode. Cried again lol. Thank you all so much for listening, it was an honor to play Robbins.
    Let me put it this way: For a guy like me who never served in any military service, you guys not just showed as soldiers alone, but as some really cool freaking guys of awesome; you managed to put human faces on uniforms - any of you -, without being shallow or surfacing on tropes alone like what you get from watching too many "cheap movies" ...

Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    ...The living monsters increased in size and threat until it ended with the very worst monster--Ink staring down at Puck and smiling. Why didn't he kill them? Do you think he left him alive so that he could go back and tell everyone what he saw?

This is the third time Ink has chosen not to kill someone.
    1. When Riley shot the arrow and he caught it and laughed.
    2. When CJ was left behind he spoke so that she could hear and understand him.
    3. This time.

I wonder if we'll ever know Ink's rationalization for wanting humanity as it was to die out. Does he think the zombies are humanities true form? Maybe he thinks it's the form that is best?

Hard not to see him as an Anti-Christ figure.
    Well - what, if Ink tries to find a way to either cure the zombie-factor OR tries to make the zombies survive 'like' humans? This idea is a little off - especially if you look at the behemoths; but with the smart ones and the little ones in mind, which have a certain "intelligence", I really wonder what it is that Ink tries to achieve.
    It cannot be only creating the uber-nazi-zombie-killer-beast, because Ink will have noticed that food is getting scarce for them zeehs as well. So it is in his best interest to find ways of making them zombies "skilled in any way" to survive as a species ... And this would only work by giving them access to their brains or the knowledge from their former human life again. How would he achieve this? Testing, testing, testing ...

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Awww, shit... you guys are killin' me. All these dead soldier posts are reading like a Trail of Tears.... It's like watching a funeral procession... for your own friends!

Who's gonna fly the chopper, Muldoon?! WHO'S GONNA FLY THE CHOPPER??!?
    Four letters ...

P
    E
    G
    S
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    The first time since long that I am really pissed of to be a bloody Kraut with too little bucks on my wallet ... Enjoy your trip!

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Likes scbubba, Sin Angel, Witch_Doctor liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    You know, very well, the answer to this. Say it Litmaster, say her name!
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Four letters ...

P
    E
    G
    S
    Likes LiamKerrington liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast