User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd

Arrow The Superbowl who do you want to win, who do you think will win?

I was a Colts fan way back when they played in Baltimore. It is funny how Fate plays out, sometimes.

The Colts drafted John Elway, but he refused to play for the Colts and demanded that he be traded and he went to the Broncos. I always held it against him and the Broncos. Now, Payton Manning is playing for Broncos and I have been cheering for them...

I do not consider the Broncos "my team" and will not follow them once Manning retires, but until then, I will cheer them and follow his career.

It is always harder on a great passing team in the Superbowl. The refs have more of a Laissez Faire attitude and the defense gets away with a much more physical style that would not be allowed in a regular game.

Who do you think will win? For me it is

Ohmaha Seven!

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Go 'Roid Hawks!

Only because I don't want Manning one SB closer to Brady...
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

They're showing it over here in the UK at 10:30pm GMT - I'm going to watch it but I have no idea who to cheer for. The only name I recognised from the advertisements was the Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Likes a762user liked this post
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyhind86 View Post
    They're showing it over here in the UK at 10:30pm GMT - I'm going to watch it but I have no idea who to cheer for. The only name I recognised from the advertisements was the Red Hot Chili Peppers
    you cheer for the beer in your hand. that's it.

I haven't watched any games this season. in fact I didn't even know whos playing....so im gonna say DA BEARS.

KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    you cheer for the beer in your hand. that's it.
    I will be doing a LOT of cheering later on today

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyhind86 View Post
    Tony, root for both teams to lose.

Then, root for the New England Patriots next season. I heard they have a UK Patriots Fan Club over there somewhere... maybe you could join up with those blokes. Ah, here-- they have a website:

http://ukpatriots.com/forums/index.php?act=home

And another one! We're taking over England, baby!!

http://www.patsfanuk.com/

I know the NFL is desperate to gain a larger fan base across the pond, so I'm sure they'd be more than happy if you signed up. When I see you this summer, I'd be happy to go over the basics of American football with you. Then you can tell me WTF is the deal with cricket....
    Last edited by Litmaster; Feb 2nd, 2014 at 05:58 AM.

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    You know who wins?

The fans and everyone who is ALLOWED to show up to work late. I will not go into theatrics, but I find the Super Bowl to be one of those events that gathers people together and have them enjoy themselves, sometimes at the expense of others (I'm guilty of making fun of one fan whose team went undefeated and yet lost in the Super Bowl).

But as for the teams themselves and who I will be rooting for, it will be the same as every year: the representatives of the AFC. And this year, I have to go with Denver.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Tony, root for both teams to lose.

Then, root for the New England Patriots next season. I heard they have a UK Patriots Fan Club over there somewhere... maybe you could join up with those blokes. Ah, here-- they have a website:

http://ukpatriots.com/forums/index.php?act=home

And another one! We're taking over England, baby!!

http://www.patsfanuk.com/

I know the NFL is desperate to gain a larger fan base across the pond, so I'm sure they'd be more than happy if you signed up. When I see you this summer, I'd be happy to go over the basics of American football with you. Then you can tell me WTF is the deal with cricket....
    I know that every now and again, they host a couple of games over here. I've watched a few and thoroughly enjoyed them - I believe the Pittsburgh Steelers was the last team I saw play.

I'll gladly learn the ins and outs of the game, though I admit I know nothing about cricket. I used to play it at school, but most of the rules went over my head
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbringer View Post
    (I'm guilty of making fun of one fan whose team went undefeated and yet lost in the Super Bowl).
    Low blow, Hellbringer. Loooooooooow blow.....
    Likes Hellbringer liked this post

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    It is the same procedure every year here in good ol' Europe, the vast majority cannot comprehend the Super Bowl buzz. That is why, each year we get this actually pretty generic newspaper articles about "All these crazy Americans who only have the Super Bowl on their minds" or about the mathematical tactics or about the archaic distribution of roles (men play football, women cheer up the spectators). Quite repetitive - and somehow boring.

May the best team win.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast