User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

A Letter to WND Fans

As posted on blondenerd.com:

Hey there, fellow We’re Alive and undead loving friends!

Nik and I have received several inquiries as to the status of the We’re Not Dead Podcast, and understandably so. We haven’t released in episode in quite some time, and even when an episode is recorded yours truly — the so-called host — is often MIA. (Before I go any further I must commend and give major props to Nik for taking the reins in my absence. Let’s all give Nik a collective “THANK YOU!”)

Being a fan of We’re Alive is one of my favorite things to be. And while I love hosting a podcast about a podcast, it’s just not as simple as it sounds. Anyone who hosts a podcast can and likely will tell you about the amount of work that goes into a show. Of course there are several podcasts that are recorded on the whim with little to no prep and turn out AMAZING, but on a podcast like We’re Not Dead that’s simply something that cannot be done.

Just to give you an idea, here’s what a usual session looks like:

Collaborate with Nik to figure out a day we can record. This often requires schedule shifting on one or both of our ends.
    Find a guest who can record on those dates at those times
    Listen to the We’re Alive episode. Listen again. Aaaagain. And again because it’s that damn good
    Scour the forums. This entails reading every entry and copying certain thoughts/theories/comments into Word
    Organize said thoughts and convert them from a jumbled mess into an organized document
    Jot down specific talking points to bring up with Nik and/or guests
    Check and manage WND specific inboxes for reader/listener mail
    Record the actual podcast! A baby We’re Not Dead is born!
    On average, you’re looking at a rough total of four hours of work — and I hate calling it “work” because it’s fun — from release of We’re Alive to release of We’re Not Dead. While that’s not a lot of time in the grand scheme of things, the issue is finding the free time to do it. And we’re simply not finding it, which is why there hasn’t been a reliable release schedule in forever and a half.

This stings more than a bite to the buttcheek, but Nik and I have decided that the best course of action at the moment is to put the podcast on a semi-permanent hiatus. (I say semi-permanent because permanent – permanent is too fucking permanent for my taste.) The reality is that Nik, with all of the fabulous and exciting changes in his life, no longer has the freedom to pick up a mic and record whenever he pleases. I, with my growing website and perseverance to chase dreams, also find myself unable to pick up a mic and record at the drop of Lizzy’s pants.

I love We’re Not Dead. And Nik loves We’re Not Dead. We want to stress that this isn’t nor has it ever been an issue of losing passion for We’re Alive and We’re Not Dead; it’s simply an issue of not having the free time that we once had the privilege of having.

But never fear (in case you were, you know, afraid or something) because in no way are we done interacting with fellow We’re Alive fans. We may not have time to host a podcast every week, but we still want to host contests, discussions and other We’re Alive/WND shenanigannry on our Facebook page. We both value the friendships and relationships We’re Not Dead has granted us, and we would be bigger idiots than we already are if we threw those away.

You’ll still see my dorky ass at We’re Alive events and I’m committed to being as involved as I can be in the We’re Alive universe. (If that means stalking and climbing into Kc and Blaire’s windows and holding them hostage until Nurse Britt resurfaces, so be it. I KNOW WHERE THEY LIVE!)I know Nik is going to try to be as cool as I am and also attend events, but I might ban him just to be a douche. Could be fun. (JUST KIDDING I DON’T HAVE THAT KIND OF POWER U___u)

Again, this isn’t a goodbye! You’ll see us all over the We’re Not Dead Facebook page. Send us Facebook messages. Post on our wall. Call us names. WE DON’T CARE JUST INTERACT WITH US.

Until then, feel free to shoot us a Tweet or friend us on Facebook. And don’t forget about the We’re Alive forums!
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    well said. sad to hear(for wnd) but still...well said and honestly good on her, (and you too nik) for saying it.

I think that's the thing most people who just go to work,or school, or whatever lose sight of. at this point for both of you I believe wnd is a side project on top of a side project on top of building a name for yourself-(or in niks case raising a child), on top of working a day job in order to support those side projects that someday may actually become the day-job. most don't really realize just how much the time devoted to something like this adds up. as brit put it, the average wnd episode takes four hours. how much of those four hours are done consecutively? im willing to bet its rare for all of that to get handled in one sitting, let alone one day. personally I know all about how multitasking many different jobs/projects/hobbies at once can burn you the fuck out ridiculously fast. if the two of you were saying this and didn't have all the stuff going on you already do...yea, we would collectively call bullshit.

but no. the two of you need no excuses. do your thing. I think I speak for most of us in saying we get it. thank you for saying it.

*edit:wait, nik attend events? are you coming out to cali bro??

Last edited by 7oddisdead; Jan 28th, 2014 at 12:10 AM.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

I definitely echo what 7odd said above. You guys rock and we totally understand where it's coming from.

Thanks to you both for all you have done with WND and thanks for putting this out there for everyone.

Whatever the future of WND is, we're there.
    Likes 7oddisdead, nikvoodoo liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    Thank you for the work you've done!!
    Likes nikvoodoo, MGM Ray liked this post

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Which means Mick and Redbeard are now officially the kings of the airwaves...
    Last edited by Litmaster; Jan 28th, 2014 at 09:35 AM.
    Likes knoxamiz, FunkyDung, 7oddisdead liked this post

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Which means Mick and Redbeard now officially the kings of the airwaves...
    Not even a period of mourning, huh? Just toss us out with the trash....I thought we had something special, Lit!
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Not even a period of mourning, huh? Just toss us out with the trash....I thought we had something special, Lit!
    No need for a period of mourning, cuz!

You're NOT DEAD after all, right?

Besides, you'll be broadcasting together with us LIVE FROM THE ROAD ON THE WE'RE ALIVE CONVOY!!!!

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Nawwh, That's a shame But it can't be helped, if you haven't got time, no point in trying to force it. Hopefully one day we can hear them talk about the remaining episodes, and i shall wait for that day. FOREVER IF NEED BE.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    No need for a period of mourning, cuz!

You're NOT DEAD after all, right?

Besides, you'll be broadcasting together with us LIVE FROM THE ROAD ON THE WE'RE ALIVE CONVOY!!!!
    I see what you did there!
    Likes scbubba, Litmaster liked this post

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    A very good show has come to an end. That you for the whole way, my ears really enjoyed to listen to you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast