User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsWell Liked3 months registered

Gamertag: TheShrunkenOne
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Angel View Post
    Wait excuse my last post, sometimes I mistakes things, say things wrong, or just act stupid.
    Now here comes a stupid question... What does self contained mean? I was thinking it meant first person point of view or some thing.
    I think what he meant was that the hour long episode would be it. As in start to finish all covered in that hour
    Likes Kc liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

I must do this... We're Alive: Canada! I will all of the voices, including a French Canadian woman. What was happening in the Great White North? How did its citizens respond? Were there survivors? What is their tale? It will be the most polite zombie survival narrative of all time. Most of it will be about surviving winter.
    Likes Eviebae liked this post

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Evie: vinyl having a warmer "sound" is a lie hipsters tell themselves to explain away the money they have blown. Actually I get what your saying, I'm just in one of those moods...carry on.

all of you mentioning different locales for the w/a universe. You know what would be fun? Is if after w/a ends, some type of new fangled "fan fiction" section opened up on the forum. Something where in journal format everyone could record, or write what could be happening within the w/a-iverse in that particular area. Would it be the same as what we have all come to love? No. But it could be all those tales we would want to hear. Personally that idea excites me just as much as KCs next project, regardless of whether it has anything to do with WA or not.

shit, that wasn't the question was it?...I'm waiting for the Nyquil to kick in so this sick man can pass out. Apologies.
    Last edited by 7oddisdead; Jan 19th, 2014 at 01:49 AM.

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    Evie: vinyl having a warmer "sound" is a lie hipsters tell themselves to explain away the money they have blown. Actually I get what your saying, I'm just in one of those moods...carry on.

all of you mentioning different locales for the w/a universe. You know what would be fun? Is if after w/a ends, some type of new fangled "fan fiction" section opened up on the forum. Something where in journal format everyone could record, or write what could be happening within the w/a-iverse in that particular area. Would it be the same as what we have all come to love? No. But it could be all those tales we would want to hear. Personally that idea excites me just as much as KCs next project, regardless of whether it has anything to do with WA or not.

shit, that wasn't the question was it?...I'm waiting for the Nyquil to kick in so this sick man can pass out. Apologies.
    Judging from the WA download map that KC provided us with earlier in the week, I'd say we could have an interesting mix of tales and stories. For those living within the California area, a few cameos or references to the main story would be interesting.

For example:

"We were driving frantically through downtown LA. The sun was setting and we were anxious to find somewhere safe to hold up for the night before the biters night attacks begin. Then we saw it. An apartment tower. And then we saw the young couple. A man and a blond woman, being chased by a large group of biters. They began banging on the front door, which was obviously well secured. The biters closed in all around them. We knew they were goners - they had no means of escape, no weapons and no answer at the door. Then suddenly, the door swung open, a man in military fatigues yelled at the couple to get inside. Then the biters got to the man, tearing strips off his flesh. The woman was screaming and calling his name - Todd, I believe. The soldier dragged her in and closed the door behind them.
    Then the horde turned its attention in our direction. We had no choice but to move on. I floored the pedal and sped south. Maybe we'll try coming back here in the morning or another day.
    As the final rays of sunlight began to fade, a large silhouette emerged ahead. One of my companions, a local guy, identified it as the Hockey Arena. Might be a good place to find a fortified shelter.

Hopefully..."
    Likes Red Shirt liked this post
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points28 Days LaterWell Liked
    We're alive uk.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredWell Liked1000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shrunken View Post
    I think what he meant was that the hour long episode would be it. As in start to finish all covered in that hour
    Oh... Well if that is the case it would be a good idea. I can be dimwitted sometimes.

That's a nice idea Tony or whatever your name is since I forget it. Where's this map? I would enjoy checking it out.

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Angel View Post
    Oh... Well if that is the case it would be a good idea. I can be dimwitted sometimes.

That's a nice idea Tony or whatever your name is since I forget it. Where's this map? I would enjoy checking it out.
    It was on another thread - I forget which one. It shows the download percentages in different parts of the world. Quite interesting really.
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredWell Liked1000 Experience Points

Ah! Sounds interesting to me as well.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    I have one or two in mind... I'd love to put them in motion eventually. Can you imagine an hour long scene that's self contained? No breaks, no VO, just a straight scene.
    You have my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    Well... May 8th, 2009 was a home game for the Red Sox vs. Tampa Bay.
    As an added bonus, Tampa Bay and the Red Sox are rivals... therefore a slightly increased police presence in the park wouldn't be entirely out of the question. If someone writes this, I propose that two of the main characters are a Boston Cop and a Sox fan.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    I have one or two in mind... I'd love to put them in motion eventually. Can you imagine an hour long scene that's self contained? No breaks, no VO, just a straight scene.
    I think straight sound without voice might be a bridge too far. However, if it is a labor of love, it cannot be contained. So go for it! But, I know of composers that have tried to tell stories with musical instruments and it always seems to need additional translation to be appreciated. If I might be so bold as to suggest an off-site narrator. If the protagonist is in the lab at the outbreak, there might be an announcer suggesting evac, or pointing out that XYZ is compromised.

Playing a long the same lines, I think a two arc story would be really interesting. Tactical and strategic. The protagonist in the tactical and a tv or radio type CNN coverage. Orson wells did the flip flop perspective to great affect in the war of the worlds radio broadcast. Sometimes there was an on-site broadcaster giving the play by play of the events. Other times there was someone back at the station giving a strategic overview of news reports.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast