User Tag List

Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    Taxi or privately owned airport shuttle companies is easiest from lax. The airport is not close to Hollywood. Another cheaper option is to take the flyaway bus to union station and then the red line to Hollywood and western stop then walk to super 8 motel. You need to reserve flyaway or airport shuttles in advance. Ask me anything. I'm a local.
    In relation to the venue of the finale event, where is the closest place that would be suitable, or recommended, for us all to convene and have a drink/bite to eat?
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    Hmmm let me look around

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Hmmm let me look around
    Thanks! I'll buy you a beer on the day
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    Okay guys - the Super 8 hotel in East Hollywood is basic, cheap for the area but kinda seedy. The parking is tight with small oriented spaces that is really good for small cars. Don't expect much. Right next store is the Whitehorse Inn Bar and it is a dive but apparently has decent hot dogs, overpriced drinks (typical hollyweird), not too crowded and I think would probably be a good meeting place for us. Parking is tough and I guess alot of people try and park at the hotel lol. The place opens at 6pm. I personally have never been to the Super 8 nor Whitehorse and it is kinda scary especially for non LA people and us women folk.

If this is too scary or seedy, another option is to take the metro/red line and we can all meet at Tin Horn Flats (Highland and Hollywood). Tinhorn Flats Saloon & Grill

Address: 1724 N Highland Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90028. I go there a lot to meetup with my soccer social club (Real Madrid fans). The food is good, happy hour is cheap and the drinks are decent. It is reasonably safe at night.

It is real close to the red line metro/ Hollywood and Highland stop. You can also park on the side on Yucca St and get it validated by Tin Horn for 2 hours free. You can move your car before the 2 hours are up and get it validated again. (Yes we do this a lot.)

Thoughts?

Staff of We're Alive

Status
    Achievements:
    Well LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points

PSN ID: huskey007
    Todd and Litmaster,

I went through the thread here and saw a whole lot of great plans and ideas for an amazing adventure with much more yet to come I'm sure. What I did not see, was anyone suggesting an independent documentary film crew to film and release this unfolding event as a potential documentary. This is exactly the type of movie I would click and watch while searching through Netflix, Hulu Plus or any other film database.

I'm a big fan of documentaries and there have got to be quite a few groups and film crews who I think would jump at the chance to do just this sort of thing. Kc Wayland has some documentary background also http://www.darkhollowfilms.com/boots...on_Ground.html. I'm quite sure Kc has his hands full at the moment, but he may have the connections you need or at least point you in the right direction.

In my mind I see the exposure for the We're Alive audio drama and the travel adventure documentary being a huge win for all involved. I wish I could offer more than just the idea but it came to me in a moment of clarity while browsing this thread.

"ZOMBIE CARAVAN" the movie............................................

Just a thought,

Ray
    Likes turbo liked this post
    Active shooter diamond formation on my mark. Go go go!!!!

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmray View Post
    "ZOMBIE CARAVAN" the movie...
    Wow. Now there's an intriguing idea...
    Likes MGM Ray liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hey Kids!

WONDERING what this We're Alive Convoy thing is all about?
    MISSED the beginning part of this long thread?
    CONFUSED about all the details of the trip?

NEVER FEAR! LITMASTER is here!! All you need to do to get up to speed is to review the itinerary from my posts here on

PAGE 11 OF THIS THREAD, and

PAGE 16 OF THIS THREAD.

Also, check out 7ODDISDEAD'S BLOG for more details. Then you'll be up to speed on the basics!

Last edited by Litmaster; Feb 18th, 2014 at 04:52 PM.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    Ok Convoyites, we have some decisions to make. I have been researching the actual time and distance involved in this journey, and must say that it's somewhat daunting. This is just one big-ass hunk of land we have to traverse on the way to LA... even traveling only half of it. I need some input as to what the group is willing to do, given the logistics. Here we go:

Wednesday, 7/16:
    So we're gonna have to leave Todd's place by 7am to make good time, which, driving straight without stopping except for bathroom breaks, puts us passing Tulsa around 1pm. But then Tulsa to Amarillo is another 5 hours, which has us pulling in to the Cadillac Ranch around 6pm that evening. Dinner is only 15 min away, however, so we're good for the Big Texan Steak ranch by 7pm that evening, and our campground in Amarillo is only about 10 min from that restaurant. So what I'm saying is that the caverns is probably not do-able given the time and distance involved...

Thursday, 7/17:
    Well... it's looking like Roswell, NM is also going to be out. Assuming we leave our Amarillo campground by 7am and drive straight to Albuquerque, that puts our arrival at 10am (a 4 hr trip, minus one hour b/c we switch to mountain time by then). So fine, we do the ABQ Breaking Bad tour for a few hours, and leave ABQ by 1pm. Driving straight to the Grand Canyon from there will take 6 hours, which means we will arrive to our Grand Canyon campground around 7pm that evening (yes, this is a big-ass country!).

Friday, 7/18:
    From the Grand Canyon to Fort Irwin is another solid 6 hours (ugh!), putting us there around 1pm on that Friday. Assuming we snap some pictures around there and maybe Yermo for a couple of hours, then we leave around 4pm or so, then it's another 2 1/2 hours to our hotel / fan meetup place somewhere in East Hollywood by 7pm that evening.

So, looking at the reality of time and distance, I would have to say that most of the fun we have will have to be on the road, in the van. It looks like we're not going to have a helluva lot of time to piss around, unless we left an entire day earlier...

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA Points1 year registeredWell Liked10000 Experience Points

I'm joining you on the last leg of the tour.

I would join you in your van for the whole trip, but I tend to aggressively sleep grope the nearest warm bodies (ask my cat about that) and I often speak in backwards Latin in my sleep as well and people have been known to weep when they see me pee blood in the morning. Surely I'm not the only one though, right!
    Likes Red Shirt, Litmaster liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA Points1 year registeredWell Liked10000 Experience Points

Okay guys - the Super 8 hotel in East Hollywood is basic, cheap for the area but kinda seedy. The parking is tight with small oriented spaces that is really good for small cars. Don't expect much. Right next store is the Whitehorse Inn Bar and it is a dive but apparently has decent hot dogs, overpriced drinks (typical hollyweird), not too crowded and I think would probably be a good meeting place for us. Parking is tough and I guess alot of people try and park at the hotel lol. The place opens at 6pm. I personally have never been to the Super 8 nor Whitehorse and it is kinda scary especially for non LA people and us women folk.

If this is too scary or seedy, another option is to take the metro/red line and we can all meet at Tin Horn Flats (Highland and Hollywood). Tinhorn Flats Saloon & Grill

Address: 1724 N Highland Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90028. I go there a lot to meetup with my soccer social club (Real Madrid fans). The food is good, happy hour is cheap and the drinks are decent. It is reasonably safe at night.

It is real close to the red line metro/ Hollywood and Highland stop. You can also park on the side on Yucca St and get it validated by Tin Horn for 2 hours free. You can move your car before the 2 hours are up and get it validated again. (Yes we do this a lot.)

Thoughts?
    Don't knock a seedy hotel. If it wasn't for a seedy hotel and ten dollars lying on the ground, I'd have never met my wife! Heck, I probably wouldn't have been conceived!

Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast