User Tag List

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    This is awesome! This journey must be documented via video segments
    Sure, sure...

Next you will be asking for a music video...
    Likes MrRedBeard, Witch_Doctor, Gooer liked this post

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    God damnit im so jealous. I'm missing out on so much......it sounds like such fun...

Edit: just looked at flights. would cost me £900 to fly to STL on 16th, returning on 21st, and £1100 flying to LAX and returning same day (if it is the 19th). So pretty much the same price either way (with the spending costs during the road trip), but it would just be the matter of getting the money.... (I'm a jobless uni student with barely any cash left). This seems achievable.
    You can sell a kidney on the black market for a couple of grand

Seriously though, if you can scrape the funds together, we would probably end up on the same flight out of Heathrow. I'm planning on flying to LA a couple of days early and staying for about a week/10 days. It's going to be my first visit to the US, and its something I've wanted to do for years.

It would be great if you could make it over.
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Sure, sure...

Next you will be asking for a music video...
    Or a musical, perhaps?

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    so I go to bed thinking 'I wonder if there will be much interest?'.. I wake up to three pages of awesome.

@Kc
    I think videos are a for sure thing. I have that windowsphone with the insane camera/hd video recorder, so I can upload directly from the road. that was actually one of the first things I thought of.

@grognard
    I LOVE peanuts..but for you, I would sacrifice them. seriously uncle, getting you on the trip would make my year. I sincerely mean that.

@turbo
    dude, you gotta do it! hell if this gets big enough, I may need a second Illinois resident for the rental procedure!

@at tonyhind86
    if your taking that much time to make the trip, why not join us? our trip coordinator(litmaster) seems to be lining up some pretty awesome stuff/ideas for stuff.

@litmaster
    the 72oz steak challenge? FUUUUUUUUU....MAYBE. that's a lot of meat, somebody else will have to drive after that. but im down!

@gooer
    you have 4-5 months to get the funds together, who knows what could happen in that amount of time? KEEP HOPE ALIVE!

ya'll have made me a happy hermit with the excitement for this! lets keep the momentum going!

7id
    Likes scbubba liked this post
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post

@at tonyhind86
    if your taking that much time to make the trip, why not join us? our trip coordinator(litmaster) seems to be lining up some pretty awesome stuff/ideas for stuff.
    I guess flying to IL would be swifter and cheaper, and for the benefits of participating in this epic road trip, I would gladly contribute to the fuel and supplies expenses. To be honest, i've said that I always wanted to visit the States - this way, I'll get to see more of it, and with great company aswell.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    I wonder if there could be a WA tour of some of the places mention in the audio drama???

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    I wonder if there could be a WA tour of some of the places mention in the audio drama???
    As mentioned earlier, the road trip would pass by Barstow and Ft Irwin. I reckon a visit to the Arena and Cain Hospital would be on the cards also, as well as finding a candidate to serve as "the tower".

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Small-ish update.

these figures are entirely guess-timation. But I checked on the fuel economy of making the trip in the 12 passenger van I brought up in the original post. Total bill one way will be about a grand, now split that between say ten people...round trip from Illinois to la and back will have us at 200 a piece.

again, those are rough figures. But they are entirely doable I think.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:

Small-ish update.

these figures are entirely guess-timation. But I checked on the fuel economy of making the trip in the 12 passenger van I brought up in the original post. Total bill one way will be about a grand, now split that between say ten people...round trip from Illinois to la and back will have us at 200 a piece.

again, those are rough figures. But they are entirely doable I think.
    Sounds good to me. I'll make an over-estimation in my budget for any unforseen expenses, or if we run up a large bar bill etc

I'll also make sure my cameras are charged and will keep up to date with my journal

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    I put together a tentative drive map, including two stops along the way. the grand canyon; because that's one stop that I would be pissed at myself forever if I didn't go there, and roswell, new mexico....cause its so cheesy it has to be cool. that trip on mapquest comes out to be about thirty hours of driving. (!)
    That'll mean we'll need about 30 hours worth of stock stories of boobs and alcohol, so... we should be fine!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Oh my! I'm bringing a couple friends to the finale, one is flying in to LA from Texas and the other lives by me...this might be an option!
    Do it! Turbo, you've got the least excuse! You live only a couple hour's drive from St. Louis. Come on! You can be our tech/intel guy...

Quote Originally Posted by tonyhind86 View Post
    I guess flying to IL would be swifter and cheaper, and for the benefits of participating in this epic road trip, I would gladly contribute to the fuel and supplies expenses. To be honest, i've said that I always wanted to visit the States - this way, I'll get to see more of it, and with great company as well.
    Do it! If you want to get a quintessentially 'American' experience, then a week-long road trip down historic Route 66 is about as good as you can get. The only other thing you'd need is a pink Cadillac to make the drive, with perhaps a gun and some stolen money in the glove box...

Quote Originally Posted by tonyhind86 View Post
    Sounds good to me. I'll make an over-estimation in my budget for any unforseen expenses, or if we run up a large bar bill etc
    Uh, yeah... this may happen. Especially if we veer north and hit Vegas, that may triple the cost of the trip right there
    Likes Gooer liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast