User Tag List

Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    How does one...um.... poop in the woods? Would we need toilet paper? Of course we can pick that up along the way (Not like I was planning to bring some with me on the plane.)

Never been campin', eh? Well, son, pull up a tree stump and lemme school 'ya in how it's done when we're out roughin' it....

Now, when you git yerself out in Mother Nature and you feel the urge to start crappin', you get three basic choices:

1. You can do it Old School style and just shit yer pants, then amble bow-legged down to the nearest creek, where you can then peel off 'dem brown skivvies and beat 'em onna rock till most'a the stains come out...

2. You can be like 'dem City Slickers and go cop a squat over a badger hole in the ground (make sure he ain't home so he don't come up n' bite yer ass), after which you can scrape yer backside clean with a chunk o' tree bark...

3. Or, you can use one of the many fully-equipped bathroom facilities on site, outfitted with toilets, showers, electricity, hot running water, automated hand dryers, and laundry facilities.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Litmaster; Feb 5th, 2014 at 06:42 AM.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, 7oddisdead liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    7odd:

For camping supplies, we won't need a whole hell of a lot. Here's some things we need to consider:

Tent(s)
    Don't forget the poles, like dumbass Lit did once in Wisconsin. Hopefully they are easy enough to set up while intoxicated. I'm fine will just sleeping on the ground under the stars, unless of course it rains (see below).

Bug juice
    Not sure if totally necessary, given that we'll be spending the night in Texas and Arizona. They got 'skeeters down there?

Cooking gear
    Don't think we'll need it, either, as we'll probably be eating dinner at a restaurant prior to heading to the campsite, right? The only night I can think that we might actually cook dogs over the fire or whatever is the Grand Canyon night...

Fire Starter / Illumination
    Matches or lighter or whatever. Most campsites sell firewood, but I've always thought it bullshit for them to put for sale something you can just go out and find on the ground anywhere. On the other hand, we will be going through mostly desert terrain, so I'm not sure what will be available. Also maybe a lantern or two, and a few flashlights to help with gathering wood in the dark and/or stumbling our way to the crapper at 1am...

First Aid Kit
    Would be a good idea, especially if any of us gets bit by zombies along the way...

Food
    Now this we have to think about more in detail-- what kind of food, to eat when? It would probably be a good idea to come up with a basic meal plan, then a shopping list accordingly. We buy all that crap, then divide the receipt total among the # going, and each chips in his/her share. Obviously we can limit expenses by limiting our restaurant stops, but I thought maybe one hot meal at a restaurant per day would be nice.

Cooler
    My buddy has a huge fishing cooler that I can borrow, but I won't be able to take it on the plane with me, too bad. But you or your brothers probably have a cooler or two sitting around your shop, right? Gotta keep that beer cold, don't 'cha know. Oh, and the perishable food, too.

Electronic Equipment
    Now this isn't really your responsibility, but one thing that will make this trip a bit different than really 'roughing it' is that we will need access to electricity in order to power/charge various cell phones, computers, recording devices, etc. Keeping that in mind, I'm going to look for sites with access to plug-ins. Probably a bit more expensive, but we can't really have 14 people all trying to charge shit through the car lighter plug now, can we? Keeping that in mind, we should all bring extra batteries for our gear.

Rain Plan?
    No way to tell this far in advance, but I'd say the basic plan if it rains is that we all get wet. As long as we can stash the electronic gear in the locked van, then we should be alright. I don't know if an extra tarp or something will help the situation, but you should make sure the tents are at least leak-proof. But rain during camping generally sucks, no way around that. Alcohol should make the situation much more bearable.

Optional Stuff
    I don't think we really need recreational equipment like frisbees, horseshoe toss, radio, guitar, camp coffee makers, grill, etc. There's not gonna be a whole lot of time to use that stuff anyway, given that we'll be driving all day and only arriving at the campsite most likely after dinner. Then pitch the tents, a few hours of drinking and bullshitting around the fire, then sleep, wake early, pack up, and hit the road again. We are going to need to keep rolling in order to hit LA according to our set schedule.

Space in the Van
    Also remember that we need to FIT everything and everybody in the vehicle: so a 14 passenger van means 14 people, not really 14 people + 2 backpacks each + a cooler + some tents and whatnot. After our April 1st signup deadline, we really gotta consider available space and how cramped we are going to be on the ride.
    Last edited by Litmaster; Feb 5th, 2014 at 07:16 AM.
    Likes 7oddisdead liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    yea, I have all the bases covered, then. but its probly best to spitball those sorts of things before every shows up. I can help the charging items on the road situation as well... power inverter. will we be able to charge 14 phones at once? no..but it will be very helpful for camera batteries, laptops, etc.

and the idea of 12-14 people jammed in the van is why im keeping zombie nissan supply truck as an option. that many people in the van wont leave much room for gear. a "supply truck" will help ease that burden. if its not needed, it wont go...but it is an option

todd-0
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

I'll be keeping my luggage to a minimum to save space, and because it will be more practical. When we're camping, I'll wash my laundry in a creek and turn my smalls inside out
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyhind86 View Post
    turn my smalls inside out
    Lovely.

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    Lovely.
    It's nice to know I've given you a pleasant image to think about
    Likes Gooer liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Already started my one suitcase only planning. And minimal sized at that! However, can we make sure there's room for my Industrial Strength HOT AIR hair dryer? I can't live without it!!
    Likes 7oddisdead, Litmaster liked this post

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by katlero View Post
    Already started my one suitcase only planning. And minimal sized at that! However, can we make sure there's room for my Industrial Strength HOT AIR hair dryer? I can't live without it!!
    I wouldn't worry too much about that. I'll be talking so much, my hot air will put any dryer to shame
    Likes Litmaster, 7oddisdead liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Quote Originally Posted by tonyhind86 View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about that. I'll be talking so much, my hot air will put any dryer to shame
    Wonder if you can talk zombies to death....

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by katlero View Post
    Wonder if you can talk zombies to death....
    I could talk them back to life

And dry hair at the same time

Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast