User Tag List

Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

I have to go on this now. No more trying, this sounds epic. The hospital I work at will have to deal with it! Litmaster, you are the master. You win. And so does 7odd for coming up with this idea and being relatively close to where I live.

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

HELL YEAH! Epic itinerary - this trip keeps becoming a better and better idea!
    Likes ZombieWildfire liked this post
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---

travel options

alright. so ive came to a few travel decisions in the last day or so. these are all just options im throwing out there to see what the feelings are. nothing is set in stone, yadda, yadda, yadda...anyways.

it would seem that we are going to need to do the 12 passenger van no matter what. right now I believe we can safely say we will have at least 6 going on the trip. myself, litmaster, and tonyhind86 being at 95% sure, with a couple others REALLY wanting to make it happen. we are only maaaaaybe a week into planning. so yea, im pretty sure we can fill the van.

now, the option I want to put out there is this. ive been looking into the idea of renting the van for a "one way" trip. one of the things that could be making people a bit nervous about going on the trip is the return trip. driving balls out sunday 12pm will have us not returning to the Illinois area till about 10pm Monday. personally, I took the additional time off work to make this happen. but some may not be able to do so. ive looked into most of the major rental companies in my area, and the current pricing for a round trip rental is about a grand after tax and misc fees. a ONE WAY trip however, will kick the pricing up to 1500 +/-.

im not opposed to going with this option if nessecary. I totally understand time constraints as much as anyone. but at that price I may need some help covering part of the additional expense. again, nothing is set in stone. and I have been fully prepared to pay up to the 1000 for the rental on my own. im NOT flying anywhere, I don't have the additional expense many of you will have to get here. but if we choose to fly out of LA...yea.

I feel like with the current group we have going, the extra time Monday for return isn't a big deal. I just wanted to put what I have out there so everyone is aware that there are options.

speaking of options...lets say we end up with 13 people on the trip? what would we do? that's a bit cramped even for the super giant ford econoline van. in that case I would likely take one of my personal rides in addition to the van, gaining us another 2-3 seats. not ideal, no...but its an option if needed. and just think of the "smokey and the bandit" situations we could get into. me as the bandit running static and scouting ahead for smokeys while litmaster as cledus drives the cargo across state borders...let the hijinx ensue!

(ok, maybe im the only one who thinks that would be awesome...but dammit!!11!1elevendy1!!!! I do!)

so those who are on board, whats your opinion? does the extra day (Monday) affect ya? and those on the fence...does the idea of flying out of la on sunday sell ya on going any more? above all, we are trying make this as easy as possible for everyone involved.

todd-0
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    I am in a bit of a catch 22. I have been out of work a while so money is tight, but I have all the time in the world. If I get a job, things reverse.

Right now, I am up near Montreal, so the collection point for the roadshow is still a long ways away.

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    After reading all of this...... I must make the money. No matter how. I must make this trip.....
    Likes MGM Ray liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points
    I'd like to throw my hat in the ring, but a couple things:

With all the beer talk, I want to say that I am not quite yet of legal drinking age. I don't care if anyone/everyone else does, and to my knowledge being around other people who do doesn't break any laws as long as I don't drink, but I want to put that out there in case that factors in.

Also, are the 15th - 21st hard dates for sure? I should be able to get them off but I want to know for sure so I can put in for them sooner rather than later.

Other than that, this really sounds like a great idea.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Argent View Post
    I'd like to throw my hat in the ring, but a couple things:

With all the beer talk, I want to say that I am not quite yet of legal drinking age. I don't care if anyone/everyone else does, and to my knowledge being around other people who do doesn't break any laws as long as I don't drink, but I want to put that out there in case that factors in.

Also, are the 15th - 21st hard dates for sure? I should be able to get them off but I want to know for sure so I can put in for them sooner rather than later.

Other than that, this really sounds like a great idea.
    firstly, welcome to the forum! hope you enjoy your time here!

second, all the beer talk is mainly litmaster being an adult on a bachelor-type vacation. as most of us get older, the opportunities for a trip like this become less and less. just my opinion, but lit is "playing up" the drinking part a bit. so far everyone involved is very laid back, no peer pressure here or anything. just a healthy cross-section of forum members at various ages out to have a good time.

and the dates I think are mostly 'hard' at this point. the only one that could be optional would be flying out of La on the 20th if need be. so 15th to 20th/21st.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Ok, sorry.... I may have gotten carried away with all the beer talk. But 7odd is right: I've been married now for almost 17 years, I've been raising two kids with my wife, and my social life for the past 10 years or so has been pretty much nonexistent. Hell, when you have little kids at home to take care of, even a night out with the wife to go to the movies is a big deal.

However, that is going to change this summer because she will be out of the country with the kids during the time of the trip, leaving me, temporarily, as a born-again bachelor for the first time in nearly 17 years. So yeah, I'm a little bit excited. Probably overexcited.
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points
    All right, thanks. Is there a rough headcount or anything so far? I know that it's a loooong ways away yet, so this I more for curiosity than anything else.

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    alright. so ive came to a few travel decisions in the last day or so. these are all just options im throwing out there to see what the feelings are. nothing is set in stone, yadda, yadda, yadda...anyways.

it would seem that we are going to need to do the 12 passenger van no matter what. right now I believe we can safely say we will have at least 6 going on the trip. myself, litmaster, and tonyhind86 being at 95% sure, with a couple others REALLY wanting to make it happen. we are only maaaaaybe a week into planning. so yea, im pretty sure we can fill the van.

now, the option I want to put out there is this. ive been looking into the idea of renting the van for a "one way" trip. one of the things that could be making people a bit nervous about going on the trip is the return trip. driving balls out sunday 12pm will have us not returning to the Illinois area till about 10pm Monday. personally, I took the additional time off work to make this happen. but some may not be able to do so. ive looked into most of the major rental companies in my area, and the current pricing for a round trip rental is about a grand after tax and misc fees. a ONE WAY trip however, will kick the pricing up to 1500 +/-.

im not opposed to going with this option if nessecary. I totally understand time constraints as much as anyone. but at that price I may need some help covering part of the additional expense. again, nothing is set in stone. and I have been fully prepared to pay up to the 1000 for the rental on my own. im NOT flying anywhere, I don't have the additional expense many of you will have to get here. but if we choose to fly out of LA...yea.

I feel like with the current group we have going, the extra time Monday for return isn't a big deal. I just wanted to put what I have out there so everyone is aware that there are options.

speaking of options...lets say we end up with 13 people on the trip? what would we do? that's a bit cramped even for the super giant ford econoline van. in that case I would likely take one of my personal rides in addition to the van, gaining us another 2-3 seats. not ideal, no...but its an option if needed. and just think of the "smokey and the bandit" situations we could get into. me as the bandit running static and scouting ahead for smokeys while litmaster as cledus drives the cargo across state borders...let the hijinx ensue!

(ok, maybe im the only one who thinks that would be awesome...but dammit!!11!1elevendy1!!!! I do!)

so those who are on board, whats your opinion? does the extra day (Monday) affect ya? and those on the fence...does the idea of flying out of la on sunday sell ya on going any more? above all, we are trying make this as easy as possible for everyone involved.

todd-0
    I've booked time off between the 16-23rd July, but can add extra dates if the need arises. And I'm a pretty small guy so I'll probably fit in a childs booster seat

One week in and this trip is already legendary! I'm so thrilled and honoured to be a part of it
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast