User Tag List

Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Oh, that would make for a hilarious video, especially when we're 'mortal drunk' 'round the campfire one night...
    The force is strong with you
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    What are your estimates on fuel/rental/rooms so far?

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Rooms I've not looked into. In truth in waiting to here where the finale will be, as that will dictate where we stay.

fuel depends on how many go. Rates on a 12 pass van are much greater than say, a ford edge suv. Top end right now is 2000 round trip. Low end 1200. Roughly. It looks lime it will average out to around 200 each no matter what happens.

rental prices are my concern. I said that up front. I planned this trip regardless of anyone else going. But basic pricing looks to be between 400-650 for a weeks rental.
    Likes MrRedBeard liked this post
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    Rooms I've not looked into. In truth in waiting to here where the finale will be, as that will dictate where we stay.

fuel depends on how many go. Rates on a 12 pass van are much greater than say, a ford edge suv. Top end right now is 2000 round trip. Low end 1200. Roughly. It looks lime it will average out to around 200 each no matter what happens.

rental prices are my concern. I said that up front. I planned this trip regardless of anyone else going. But basic pricing looks to be between 400-650 for a weeks rental.

Which is exactly why we need more people to sign up! LET'S GO, PEOPLE! JOIN US!!!
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Which is exactly why we need more people to sign up! LET'S GO, PEOPLE! JOIN US!!!
    honestly, as much as I want to take a large group out there. The car-guy in me says a smaller group means a cooler car.

I'm picturing blasting down route 66 in a dodge magnum srt8 with 400hp at my foot. That would be fun.....
    Likes turbo, Litmaster liked this post
    KAW

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    We want YOU!

To sign up for the We're Alive Convoy Road Trip!

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    honestly, as much as I want to take a large group out there. The car-guy in me says a smaller group means a cooler car.

I'm picturing blasting down route 66 in a dodge magnum srt8 with 400hp at my foot. That would be fun.....

I'd say 4 people minimum. But I would prefer a group of 10 or so...

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

I agree completely. Also check your phone phucker!
    KAW

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Update

first, post 1500. are my eyes back yet? no?

after some consideration. ive decided that we need to set some hard dates for the trip. by "hard" I don't mean 100% set in stone but good numbers we can work around.

trip will be july 16th through the 21st
    leaving Illinois the morning of the 16th.
    two overnight stops before arriving in la on the evening of the 18th.
    sunday the 20th leave to head back to Illinois. pretty much a balls out drive to arrive back LATE on the 21st.

and im going to set a confirmation deadline of april 1st. why april fools? well, by the first of april it should be apparent to anyone wanting to go if they will actually be able to. by then those with time constraints(time off work) should know, and those with money constraints ($$doh)...yea. ah, and by "confirmation" I mean.."saying that barring absolute catastrophe you will be there(Illinois) heh, when I come to the airport to get you

by doing this, I can get the vehicle ideas together more clearly. in all honesty its difficult to tell people how much we will spend on gas for the trip without knowing how many people will be going. the variables there are too many. also another option im considering is if our group is in the 5-7 range of people, theres a good chance our transportation wont be rented but owned by me. I can honestly control the fuel economy better by having a vehicle that I can prep for this sort of trip beforehand, and myself and my brothers have discussed doing something like that recently. keep in mind im a car guy, almost more-so than a w/a guy.

and probly most importantly in my mind is lodging while in La dictates the april deadline. the reason for that is two fold. as a group, simplicity makes our lives easier. we will want to all be reserved at the same hotel. I truly have no idea just how far in advance we are going to need to reserve our rooms, but im pretty sure the sooner the better. the other reason is this.

in addition to this trip. I propose that those coming in from other parts of the west coast coordinate their lodging with ours. that way, even after the live event we are all returning to the same hotel. I know for myself personally, ive spent a lot of time interacting with all of you on the forum. but just the last couple days getting to know steve(litmasterIRL) I can tell talking in real life will be something that last's long before the live event....and long after.

and finally. going forward from here as we need to keep the forum at large with the info going on with the trip. I will be firing up the ol' blog. information tends to get buried in the mire of those talking back and forth in normal threads. the blog will give us a simple place to share pertinent info.

bonjoir!
    todd-0
    KAW

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

first, post 1500. are my eyes back yet? no?

after some consideration. ive decided that we need to set some hard dates for the trip. by "hard" I don't mean 100% set in stone but good numbers we can work around.

trip will be july 16th through the 21st
    leaving Illinois the morning of the 16th.
    two overnight stops before arriving in la on the evening of the 18th.
    sunday the 20th leave to head back to Illinois. pretty much a balls out drive to arrive back LATE on the 21st.

and im going to set a confirmation deadline of april 1st. why april fools? well, by the first of april it should be apparent to anyone wanting to go if they will actually be able to. by then those with time constraints(time off work) should know, and those with money constraints ($$doh)...yea. ah, and by "confirmation" I mean.."saying that barring absolute catastrophe you will be there(Illinois) heh, when I come to the airport to get you

by doing this, I can get the vehicle ideas together more clearly. in all honesty its difficult to tell people how much we will spend on gas for the trip without knowing how many people will be going. the variables there are too many. also another option im considering is if our group is in the 5-7 range of people, theres a good chance our transportation wont be rented but owned by me. I can honestly control the fuel economy better by having a vehicle that I can prep for this sort of trip beforehand, and myself and my brothers have discussed doing something like that recently. keep in mind im a car guy, almost more-so than a w/a guy.

and probly most importantly in my mind is lodging while in La dictates the april deadline. the reason for that is two fold. as a group, simplicity makes our lives easier. we will want to all be reserved at the same hotel. I truly have no idea just how far in advance we are going to need to reserve our rooms, but im pretty sure the sooner the better. the other reason is this.

in addition to this trip. I propose that those coming in from other parts of the west coast coordinate their lodging with ours. that way, even after the live event we are all returning to the same hotel. I know for myself personally, ive spent a lot of time interacting with all of you on the forum. but just the last couple days getting to know steve(litmasterIRL) I can tell talking in real life will be something that last's long before the live event....and long after.

and finally. going forward from here as we need to keep the forum at large with the info going on with the trip. I will be firing up the ol' blog. information tends to get buried in the mire of those talking back and forth in normal threads. the blog will give us a simple place to share pertinent info.

bonjoir!
    todd-0
    The time off I've booked falls perfectly in line with the proposed dates. I'm gearing up to make early bookings on everything to see what kind of deals and discounts I can get.

This is gonna be great, and it will stay with us for quite a while
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast