User Tag List

Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

I'll have to do some research into on-the-road internet connectivity. I won't be able to use the networks on my phone and such the way they are now because they're all connected to the UK networks. If I can get a SIM card from the States that will work in my phone, that'll do nicely. Either that, or I'm pretty confident that we'll find some Wi-Fi hotspots en route.

Either way, our presence will be known on the interwebs and beyond.

And my youtube account is gonna be full of kick ass videos by the end of the trip
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    Let me know if there is a LA based meetup for us locals (aside from the Finale)
    Likes Litmaster liked this post

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyhind86 View Post
    I'll have to do some research into on-the-road internet connectivity. I won't be able to use the networks on my phone and such the way they are now because they're all connected to the UK networks. If I can get a SIM card from the States that will work in my phone, that'll do nicely. Either that, or I'm pretty confident that we'll find some Wi-Fi hotspots en route.

Either way, our presence will be known on the interwebs and beyond.

And my youtube account is gonna be full of kick ass videos by the end of the trip
    I posted in here ideas for some connecting to the webs

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    Let me know if there is a LA based meetup for us locals (aside from the Finale)
    I'm thinking this would be a good thing to add to our search for "group hotel" stays while in la. Find a place with a conference room/and or bar and have a get together there Friday night. Most of us travelers will be a bit road weary, so doing that at the hotel would be a good call. And most of the ones I've briefly looked at have amenities like that. Say, Friday 8pm(ish)??
    Likes turbo, Elisa, Litmaster liked this post
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

We're alive fan tribute project full concept

Ok, so I really want to initiate you with the full concept of the trip that we will be embarking on, so, if you haven't already, please review the basic itinerary that I outlined back on PAGE 11 OF THIS THREAD and PAGE 16 OF THIS THREAD.

Up to speed on the general outline? Good. Well, that's not all. In order to really 'feel' of the philosophy behind what I am getting at here, please review...
    THIS LITMASTER POST, and
    THIS LITMASTER POST.

Okay... we good? Read all that shit? No you didn't... lying ass! Go back and read it... seriously! Go ahead... I'll wait here...

...done? Up to speed? Okay, then! So, in order to make the We're Alive Convoy trip all the more awesome, we are going to turn the entire trip into a FAN-CREATED FICTIONAL ENTITY, SET IN THE WE'RE ALIVE WORLD, ALTHOUGH TAKING PLACE JUST PRIOR TO THE START OF THE EVENTS OF THE MAIN WE'RE ALIVE STORY. As such, what we will be creating on the road will function as a sort of prequel to Kc's story of We're Alive!

So there we will be... on the road... traveling west towards Los Angeles. Physically speaking, we will be passing though the states of Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California. Along the way we will be seeing various sights and whatnot. However, at the same time, we are going to be telling the story of a small group of survivors, who, in early May of 2009, were on the way to LA when the real Zombpocalypse happened, quickly turning their fun-filled journey into a living nightmare!

The story will be told largely through multimedia. What this means is there will be a dedicated blog or something, associated with the WA Forum, where anyone will be able to check in with the trip westward of our intrepid voyagers, witnessing firsthand the transformation from pleasure trip to living nightmare. By accessing the WA storytelling blog (yet to be created), any Forum participant will be able to witness the story being told in real time, and access the story through such means as audio, video, written text, drawings, and photographs. All types of multimedia will be utilized in the telling of this exciting fan-man prequel to We're Alive.

Our story will culminate on Saturday, May 9th, 2009, with the story from this ill-fated trip merging seamlessly into the official WA story. All character parts will be played by the participants on the Convoy trip. The primary script will be written by Litmaster, but details will be fleshed out by all who attend the Convoy trip. If we can swing it, it may also feature cameos of people in the official WA cast & crew!
    Last edited by Litmaster; Jan 30th, 2014 at 01:13 PM.
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: NationalProphet Steam ID: xHDShadowx Raptr ID: HDShadow
    First off, Litmaster, of course I know you. I'm appalled you think I didn't know you!

So I got a request to give the Breaking Bad tour. Here's the thing. I requested a week off the next week because the day after you guys arrive I have a few friends crashing here for our road trip to L.A. So I may be booked that day. I can probably pull a string though... What I can offer you guys is a place to stay. I'm on an iPad so I don't know the count, but how many people are going? I have a two bedroom apartment that only I live in. So barring any cat allergies, you guys are welcome to crash here for the night. Also drop by my parent's restaurant where I work and I might get some leeway on taking you guys around. I've given the tour before twice, one time to Creem_Filling last summer so I know the place well haha.
    Likes Litmaster liked this post
    Find me on these places: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, and YouTube. Check out my podcasts: Around the Campfire and The Broforce Podcast.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianHD View Post
    First off, Litmaster, of course I know you. I'm appalled you think I didn't know you!

So I got a request to give the Breaking Bad tour. Here's the thing. I requested a week off the next week because the day after you guys arrive I have a few friends crashing here for our road trip to L.A. So I may be booked that day. I can probably pull a string though... What I can offer you guys is a place to stay. I'm on an iPad so I don't know the count, but how many people are going? I have a two bedroom apartment that only I live in. So barring any cat allergies, you guys are welcome to crash here for the night. Also drop by my parent's restaurant where I work and I might get some leeway on taking you guys around. I've given the tour before twice, one time to Creem_Filling last summer so I know the place well haha.

I'll keep you posted.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Your use of Mr. Burns as your mascot keeps me out a bit.

j/k

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    I just made some amendments to the Convoy itinerary, so go back and look at PAGE 11 and PAGE 16 of this thread for updated details of the trip!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: NationalProphet Steam ID: xHDShadowx Raptr ID: HDShadow
    Yep! We have a 5 (including me) person group headed to L.A Friday night. My apartment is gonna be destroyed. we can order the same kind of pizza Walt threw on the roof on that one episode. I live 3 minutes away from the place.
    Likes turbo liked this post
    Find me on these places: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, and YouTube. Check out my podcasts: Around the Campfire and The Broforce Podcast.

Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast