omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---

the W/A finale convoy!

well, it's happening. this show that we all love is coming to an end in july. as mentioned in the finale thread I plan to be there. while I don't believe KC has made it official yet, it looks like the live finale show will be july 19th. currently I have vacation running the 12th through the 21st, so I intend to drive out to cali for the finale, and see some of the sights along the way as well. Litmaster (I believe jokingly) brought up the idea of catching a ride out with a trucker and I thought "hey, that's kinda me!?!" and thusly this idea was born.

im located in Swansea, Illinois, roughly 20 minutes outside of st Louis. my location makes me centrally located between the coasts, more or less. how much simplier would it make the trip of coming out to the finale for people to fly halfway and then drive out to california? well my partner on this venture, litmaster seems to think so...and so..this thread.

the basic idea here is anyone who wants to come out the the finale and see a few of the sights along the way simply has to make it to st. Louis. from there we can pool our gas money, and many of the travel expenses to make the trip more cost effective for everyone involved. the only real issue with this venture is the time involved in the trip. currently I see the trip being something along the lines of july 16th/17th through the 21st. these numbers are not set in stone, in fact, nothing about this idea is set in stone, which is why im getting this ball rolling six months in advance. I put together a tentative drive map, including two stops along the way. the grand canyon; because that's one stop that I would be pissed at myself forever if I didn't go there, and roswell, new mexico....cause its so cheesy it has to be cool. that trip on mapquest comes out to be about thirty hours of driving. (!)

so you see, just with the drive out, no stopping to gawk at a hole in the ground, no eating at the roswell café...its one hell of a drive. I personally love long road trips, I make the drive from here to Biloxi ms every year in one sitting. but trips like that are not for everyone. keep that in mind if considering joining us on this...its an adventure, that's for sure! and as I said above, any stops along the way will be a group decision and currently are very up in the air, once we establish a group...we'll make those decisions!

so in a nutshell, that's the plan. the number of people on board with this will dictate what we drive out in. if we get enough people together i'll rent one of those 12 passenger vans to drive out. those are costs ill incur. for this, your only cost will be providing for yourself(food, lodging, etc) and chipping in on gas (equally). if your interested post up in this here thread! we have im guessing til about may-ish to get this organized. I know im excited by this idea, hopefully others are as well!

todd-0
    Last edited by 7oddisdead; Jan 28th, 2014 at 12:48 AM.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Because I like in the North East of the UK, I'll have to first take a flight to London, then hop on a direct flight to LAX. I reckon we could also organise a rendezvous point. This may also be a good time to choose our own call signs.

Because my local team play in black & white shirts, I'll choose the call sign "Penguin"
    Likes Witch_Doctor, ZombieWildfire liked this post
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Oh, and having some sort of online travel-journal from the convoy would make for interesting reading aswell
    Likes Gooer liked this post

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyhind86 View Post
    Oh, and having some sort of online travel-journal from the convoy would make for interesting reading aswell
    Ha! Yeah, on one of those notebooks with the splotchy black & white covers, no less.

Needless to say... I'M IN!

Let's go, Bubba! Witch Doctor! Nikvoodoo! Turbo! Get in on this road trip!!!
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Wait, here's an idea: We can re-listen to the entire WA show in the van during the convoy drive, and time it so we get caught up just as we are rolling into LA for the finale!
    Likes Duffusmonkey liked this post

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Wait, here's an idea: We can re-listen to the entire WA show in the van during the convoy drive, and time it so we get caught up just as we are rolling into LA for the finale!
    Record some audio commentary aswell - it'll be great to hear what's going on during the journey. I'll be on a plane so I'll probably produce a photo journal
    Likes MrRedBeard liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredWell Liked1000 Experience Points

Wish I had money to join in on this.

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:

I'll probably be bankrupt afterwards, but its going to be worth every penny.

Oh wait, I'll have to exchange cash first.

EDIT: It'll be worth every dime.

Likes Gooer liked this post

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyhind86 View Post
    Record some audio commentary aswell - it'll be great to hear what's going on during the journey. I'll be on a plane so I'll probably produce a photo journal
    Good idea! I have a Zoom H2 digital recorder that I can bring along; that's certainly portable.

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Good idea! I have a Zoom H2 digital recorder that I can bring along; that's certainly portable.
    Fantastic! This will be a once-in-a-lifetime adventure, saluting the conclusion of a truly epic story.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast