omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyhind86 View Post
    As the Englishman of the group, I shall be wielding a sturdy cricket bat as my weapon of choice
    nice. That truck I'm building right now? Its got a spot designed into it for hanging my flat black Louisville slugger in easy reach. So I'm the Ying to your yang
    Likes Litmaster liked this post
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

When I first announced to my friends and colleagues that I was coming over to the States, they kept saying things like "make sure you're well prepared"

They have NO idea
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    I'll just stroll along with my little golf club.....

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyhind86 View Post
    We're going to have a bigger tour entourage than Metallica
    Convoy, Metallica... I thought of this:

"I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    Convoy, Metallica... I thought of this:

Have you seen the new Metallica film, "Through the Never"? It proves that their music makes the perfect soundtrack for an apocalyptic event
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    So just reviewing for the audio-drama content.

we have the ex military teacher from new England, the Virginian fascinated by the occult. The fresh faced rn grad from Ohio. The British "stranger in a strange land", the mechanic brothers, and a travelling survivalist with a penchant for dying first.

no need to create characters..this shit could write itself.
    ...and two rednecks with big ass beards!

Heeeeeeeeeell yea... maybe we just need to create amped-up, cartoonish versions of ourselves...

You know, like our Forum personas: the idealized version of ourselves that we always wanted to be, if we were not ourselves, but wished that we were. Wait, what?
    Last edited by Litmaster; Jan 27th, 2014 at 04:58 PM.
    Likes MrRedBeard liked this post

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    I'll be driving down separately from Northern California for the Finale. I'd like to meet the convoy near Barstow/Fort Irwin, and accompany you into LA.

I've been tracking visitor information for Fort Irwin. Unfortunately there aren't any of the "Inside the Box" public tours on the calendar for July, but that is subject to change. At a minimum it should be possible to get on the base, see the armor museum and a few of the sights. I'm in the process of reaching out to old Army buddies to see if anyone has any connections we can use to get special access at Irwin. Once that's done I'll contact the base Public Affairs Office to see what can be arranged.

I'll be coming in a decent-sized SUV in case you need to spread out a bit for the final leg of the trip.

Sadly there isn't much to see in Barstow...a nice McDonalds built into old train cars but that's about it.

I'm happy to help with planning for the LA tour. Has anyone heard what the venue will be yet?
    Likes scbubba liked this post

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    I'll be driving down separately from Northern California for the Finale. I'd like to meet the convoy near Barstow/Fort Irwin, and accompany you into LA.

I've been tracking visitor information for Fort Irwin. Unfortunately there aren't any of the "Inside the Box" public tours on the calendar for July, but that is subject to change. At a minimum it should be possible to get on the base, see the armor museum and a few of the sights. I'm in the process of reaching out to old Army buddies to see if anyone has any connections we can use to get special access at Irwin. Once that's done I'll contact the base Public Affairs Office to see what can be arranged.

I'll be coming in a decent-sized SUV in case you need to spread out a bit for the final leg of the trip.

Sadly there isn't much to see in Barstow...a nice McDonalds built into old train cars but that's about it.

I'm happy to help with planning for the LA tour. Has anyone heard what the venue will be yet?
    firstly...sounds awesome man. glady meet up with ya in Barstow and head over to Irwin.

if you find anything out about Irwin, let myself or lit know. personally I get a bit weird about visiting places like that. I just feel like its not a place civilians like myself should be tourists at, but if the group wants to go...the group wants to go.

personally, if we find the phone booth near Barstow that jonny depp made the call from in fear and loathing in las vegas..my life would be complete!!

again, get in touch with me or lit on the la tour, we have a couple ideas we should spitball around between the three of us. and the venue isn't confirmed yet...but we will all know at the same time...so yea. @me or fb or text sometime when ya can. well hammer out the details.

good to have ya onboard as a local!(ish)
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Every time I come to this thread I just want to go on this more and more! And I have two swords in a double scabbard (gotta love stalkers who give you weapons)... I will stick with those as weapons for this. Maybe a bow as well

And it was -6 degrees here when I woke up this morning with a windchill of -15 to -30... My hair was still wet and literally froze on my way out to my car to go to class. Can we just go to California now? I'll take their version of cold...

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by kek View Post
    ..I have two swords in a double scabbard (gotta love stalkers who give you weapons)...
    Probably best to leave the armaments at home. California has surprisingly strict, highly technical weapons laws that seem designed to trip you up. And LA County just enacted ridiculous knife control laws (no folding blades longer than 3", restrictions on carrying any edged weapon in any public place, etc.). If the SHTF while you're here I'd be happy to help you arm up.

Quote Originally Posted by kek View Post
    ..Can we just go to California now? I'll take their version of cold...
    I don't know, it barely hit 60 yesterday, and it's been getting near freezing at night!

Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast