User Tag List

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod

Exclamation The Hearts/Like awards have been re-scaled.

So you're active in the forums? Seems like EVERYONE had likes and the scale didn't seem all that great, well NOW THAT CHANGES!

likes.jpg

Only about 100 people now have this achievement. I lowered the front-end, so now more people have a chance in getting it. Is the lowest level too high? Let me know below. I plan on scaling some of these back as well and make the award ranks work better.

NEW CHANGES. Update 1-9-14

likes2.jpg

• Fixed a few database errors, and now the text and Alt-Stuff works now.
    • Added a color indicator. When a post receives 5 likes, it becomes the color above. 3, and it gets a slightly more shaded version. This will help popular posts stand out.
    • You now get 5 rep points for every "like" you receive. Before it was 2, and so that's scaled now.

If there are too many colored posts, we'll change the scale, but for now this seems to work.
    Last edited by Kc; Jan 9th, 2014 at 11:34 AM.
    Likes Hellbringer, KcTester, Wicked Sid, turbo liked this post

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Is there any chance of incorporating the "like post" function into the iOS app? I know the reputation capability is in there, but it can have its limitations when trying to award a user's post.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tonyhind86 View Post
    Is there any chance of incorporating the "like post" function into the iOS app? I know the reputation capability is in there, but it can have its limitations when trying to award a user's post.
    I think we've been trying. I can take another crack at it.

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    I think we've been trying. I can take another crack at it.
    Yea, I've looked into it a bit, I almost had it working, but the functions are pretty deep for this one. The rep was easier, but the likes are a little tough. I'll look at this more this week since my evenings are free now

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Yeah, when you go to the insights page, it looks crazy mad with all the hearts going on over there. But capping it at 100 people should keep them beating.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

We'll, it's not capped at 100, just 100 people meet the qualifications, making the achievement mean something. That's the goal, to make them fewer, but better.
    Likes Unit, Hellbringer liked this post

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

NEW CHANGES. Update 1-9-14

likes2.jpg

• Fixed a few database errors, and now the text and Alt-Stuff works now.
    • Added a color indicator. When a post receives 5 likes, it becomes the color above. 3, and it gets a slightly more shaded version. This will help popular posts stand out.
    • You now get 5 rep points for every "like" you receive. Before it was 2, and so that's scaled now.

If there are too many colored posts, we'll change the scale, but for now this seems to work.