User Tag List

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Star Wars - Edge of the Empire - anyone?

Hello gamers and other zombie-food,

about a week ago I had the great and awesome opportunity to join a gaming group trying to fiddle their way through the Beginner Box for the Star Wars - Edge of the Empire roleplayinggame published by Fantasy Flight Games. And ever since I am kind of "addicted" or shit ... No clue, although I am not a huge Star Wars fan and although roleplayinggames have lost momentum in my hobby-activities, SW EotE tingles me in the back of my head. For a couple of days now I listen to the Order 66 Podcast, which is dedicated to nearly only SW-EotE, which is an amazing show on which the moderators and guests speak about all things SW EotE all the time - the game-content, the spirit of it etc. and shit ...

Now, I was wondering:

Anyone here around playing the game? If so, what is you opinion about the game or parts of the game?

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Aw, man. Sounds great. Brings back some good memories - I might be slightly off topic though. Sorry.

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

I'll have to give that a try. I'm a massive Star Wars fan and have been looking for a decent online game to fill in my weekend free time. Inwas tempted to give KOTOR a try aswell.
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    i am too a sheer lover of the star wars series plays and remain indulge into the same title game whenever i get free time

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hey there,

please, keep in mind: SW EotE is a pen & paper roleplaxing game - so a game, in which you normally speak to real people instead of to presumably real people via VoIP ... . Although, I must admit, you could play the game via Skype, Google Hangouts or other media as well ...

I really look forward to reading your experiences about the game. In the German major forum dedicated to roleplaying games I have learned that the Star Wars fan are seperated in two groups - the first one enjoys the game 'cause it breathes the spirit of Episodes IV through VI, while the other group dislikes the game 'cause Jedi are not (yet) part of the game ... This might be important for you to know, if you decide to play the game. SW EotE allows you to play a force-sensitive character, but this is a character which would be far from being as powerful as a Jedi ... For me, though, this is not important, 'cause Smugglers and Bounty Hunters and Medics and Technicians mostly are the kind of characters I like; and Han Solo as much as Boba Fett are just ... AWESOME.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Lurker"

Status
    Looking for someone who can take your online class for me? We're here to provide professional online help for class assignments, homework, exams & tasks.