User Tag List

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    Where have i heard that voice before...
    My first thought was: Skittles. But Skittles appeared way after the Water Works ...
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Storm liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    Well that's how he broke his arm....and all about Randy's origins/turning.... Michael pussied out and now we know the consequences... Least we know Randy is known to be classed as a Smart one.. Damn what an episode.
    Last edited by Gooer; Dec 30th, 2013 at 03:01 AM.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

Gamertag: smalls kenobi Steam ID: smallskenobi
    the wait has been so long for this.. i'm getting chills listening to it.
    Likes Gooer liked this post
    In fearful day, in raging night,
    With strong hearts full, our souls ignite,
    When all seems lost in the War of Light,
    Look to the stars-- For hope burns bright!

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Randy at first reminded me of Skittles, but then i remembered it was Randy. I then thought it was Marcus or Gatekeeper, but then again, reminded myself it was Randy, and that I needed to be less stupid.

P.S. Sorry, i'm terrible, always post little posts instead of massive ones, i'm bad at thinking a lot at once...
    Last edited by Gooer; Dec 30th, 2013 at 03:06 AM.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH

So being a Smart One... means you still have some volition?
    Randy said "Hi(?)" <BITE> then, "Go" <some sort of struggle> then, "Leave".
    that sounds like a Zed that is in control of the choices he's making and is capable of issuing commands/instructions.

This interaction made me think of a scene in one of the Halo Books "Silentium" where an ancient forerunner 'colony' matriarch imbeds her genetic coding (or a means to communicate) with the Librarian via... biting her on the arm.

i know it's just a coincidence, but could Randy be trying to "communicate" with our human faction? Does being a Smart One also mean you keep your 'good nature' as well?
    Likes Tar Heel Fan liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Footbutt View Post
    So being a Smart One... means you still have some volition?
    Randy said "Hi(?)" <BITE> then, "Go" <some sort of struggle> then, "Leave".
    that sounds like a Zed that is in control of the choices he's making and is capable of issuing commands/instructions.

i know it's just a coincidence, but could Randy be trying to "communicate" with our human faction? Does being a Smart One also mean you keep your 'good nature' as well?
    According to Skittles the Smart Ones are nearly as worse as Ink are; he considers them to have a high threat-level compared with other zomboes.
    Burt also mentions that there are Smart Ones which seem to be more threatening than the usual zombos, 'cause they are capable of thoughtful actions instead of simply reacting to situations like regulars do.

So I feel inclined to say: No!

But: since they are capable of thinking and using at least some parts of their knowledge and maybe even wisdom, I think it is not impossible for remaining some "good conscience" or act "good" - at least to a certain degree.

So my question is: WHY did Randy want R2Da2 to leave? He sure as hell recognized R2Da2 not turning as quickly as we are used to seeing humans turn into zombs. Did Randy tell him to go and to leave, because he expects R2Da2 to turn while within the human colony and thus having the chance to turn the human community into zeehs? Or did he allow R2Da2 to get the chance to being treated by Tanya or at least receive some medical treatment? Or maybe something else?
    We should not forget: When Randy caught Tanya, Tanya was not slain; instead them zombos took her and wanted to carry her somewhere. Why? Maybe the reason for this might be the same or something similar motivating Randy to keep R2Da2 alive ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Likes Unit, Eviebae, Elisa, Tar Heel Fan, HardKor and 2 others liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:

I thought that Randy told Datu to "Get up", or a long those lines, not "Leave". As to why he only bit him and didn't outright kill him, maybe Randy knows that Datu will be turned into a Smart one, as Datu said to Victor when repairing the Pelican "I'm lucky i'm the smart one".....

Also, with Michael not being able to shoot Randy when he was turning, I would think it would be near impossible to shoot someone that you've been friends with for a long time, while it wouldn't when it is someone you don't know, like Fernando. Unfortunately, Michael would not know Randy would do the damage that he has been apart of....

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    So, there is still one big question remaining:

What happened to Pegs beforehand in order to give Michael the chance to tell his "Breaking Bad"-tale uninterrupted?

Hm...

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Wow, thanks KC!

I never served... Is the, I do not know what to call it, animosity, contempt, disdain, bravado, clique, between officers and enlisted men so great that Randy would not affirm gladness that Angel lived?

Again, we see the small world kismet in effect. Five million people in LA and a off the roughly 50 named survivors, Randy is someone known by the original three. Maybe Michael has to know Randy from before to demonstrate a bond and have Michael not kill him.

But since it is such a small world, I always leave the door open for something more nefarious.

The US Army does not get called up for local law enforcement. We got people being eaten, so I can suspend some disbelief, but in my mind it is easier for a rogue element to call up a few people than it is for the massive legal bureaucracy to get moving. There are just so many levels of crap that the system has to churn through to get an order to Angel, Michael and Saul

They get called really early. Unless there is a conspiracy to contact them, we have to believe that events on the ground go up the chain of command of local law enforcement, filter to federal government, back to the military and back down to boots on the ground.

So, is Randy not surprised/Glad that Angel made it because of a conspiracy he knew was in place or just because of enlisted man bravado?

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Maybe Randy didn't really know Angel (not in the same unit) or he just didn't like him (very possible). Saul was a pretty gregarious, likable guy. Angel, maybe not so much and the added officer thing may have kept a distance between them since they were in different units.

Anyway, I'll have to listen again to see why Randy went to the base. Did he get called too? Or just decide that there was stuff there he might need?

I get the feeling that the call up was bigger than just Michael's unit (because the commander and a bunch of other soldiers were there and turned). Otherwise, I might think that Angel was acting separate from the chain of command for his own reasons. If multiple units were called in, then it's either a suspension of disbelief on a call-up or it's a much grander scheme that involved people higher in the chain....
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast