User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by REZombie View Post
    If not dead, why doesn't generally take head shots? how do they not bleed to death or react to wounds(Riley's arrow to the leg, Ink shot in the chest)? Just curious..
    It could be something to do with the infection (for lack of a better word). If there are neurotransmitters that remove the infected's ability to feel pain then non-critical shots, perhaps they can keep going? I'm just guessing here. I'll look into this a bit more and post what I find.

As Eviebae pointed out some of them have enhanced abilities (nearly impenetrable skin on the Behemoths, for example) that would make it less likely that a shot to the leg or chest would be able to drop them, too.

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    They do bleed out. CJ cut their legs out underneath them at the colony, where they bled out. They believe Ink didn't get hurt because he had a vest on underneath, meaning the shots didn't affect him. With the arrow in the leg/other wounds, i don't think they feel pain, as with other zombies.
    Likes REZombie, Jannit liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: ZombieMorbid
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    They do bleed out. CJ cut their legs out underneath them at the colony, where they bled out. They believe Ink didn't get hurt because he had a vest on underneath, meaning the shots didn't affect him. With the arrow in the leg/other wounds, i don't think they feel pain, as with other zombies.

Indeed! i forgot the leg slicing! Disregard my other post, lol.
    "You may find me dead in a ditch one day...But by God you'll find me in a pile of brass!"

The hardest part about the Zombie Apocalypse will be pretending that i'm [I][B]NOT [/B][/I]excited!

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    The one with the arrow seemed sick to me by the description. Sort of shuffling and dazed. Haven't they reacted to being shot etc?

Are their eyes glazed over or what? I know the eyes change, and zombies usually have that cloudy white "dead" look to their eyes but I'm wondering if I'm filling in the blanks correctly.

Do they smell because they don't take proper care of bodily functions or is it the change (or Ink's chemicals)? Another assumption I had was the smell was lack of cleanliness. They didn't describe that female zombie's clothing as dirty or torn though. I have a pretty good imagination but there just isn't enough description for my brain to generate an image besides a general outline.

rant: It really bugs me when zombies suddenly develop magical teeth that can instantly rip huge chunks out of people and pierce multiple layers of clothing. People teeth start out fairly sharp, but as you age they get blunter. Yes, crazy angry people can leave arcs of tooth marks in skin, but they'd have to clamp on and worry the limb/neck to remove a chunk of muscle and then it would be as much crushing as slicing.

Stuff like ears, noses, would be easier, but they always show them taking chunks out of pristine flesh.

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

I think it was the smell of decay, but i could be wrong. People who had recently turned wouldn't of smelt like it yet. As with the biting, I would say that due to the increased strength they are given, they are more easily able to bite on someone than a normal human could.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Well, they tend to go through the throat which is exposed in most standard western clothing. They are also described as tearing. I think they get a solid grip and then tear away the flesh, but you are right, it is a lot harder to tear and eat raw flesh in real life than it is in the movies. That is why we invented knives and cooking fires (8

The smell, could be hygiene. What if part of the changes was the introduction of new bacteria flora that makes formic acids? This goes back to ant theory. Last, part of the changes coud be enhanced smell. It might not be coincidence that Tanya has the heightest K18 levels is the one that complains the most about Burt's B.O.
    Likes Gooer liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Well, they tend to go through the throat which is exposed in most standard western clothing. They are also described as tearing. I think they get a solid grip and then tear away the flesh, but you are right, it is a lot harder to tear and eat raw flesh in real life than it is in the movies. That is why we invented knives and cooking fires (8

The smell, could be hygiene. What if part of the changes was the introduction of new bacteria flora that makes formic acids? This goes back to ant theory. Last, part of the changes coud be enhanced smell. It might not be coincidence that Tanya has the heightest K18 levels is the one that complains the most about Burt's B.O.
    It's early and I'm still getting caffeinated so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, Grog. If we're saying that zombies have enhanced smell, wouldn't they have to kind of enjoy nasty smells? It does seem logical that enhanced smell would be part of the change given what we've seen so I'm 100% with you on that on (cologne, sweat bombs, etc.) but wouldn't they have to kinda like BO and rot? I was listening to the scene in the arena yesterday and the stench of the pile of bodies was mentioned a few times. If that's their food store, I'd assume it would be appetizing and not off-putting, wouldn't it? Unless the enhanced smell comes first and weird appetites come later. ... I think I might've answered my own question. Sorry, need more coffee.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    Having the sense of smell or an enhanced sense of smell is a different process in the mind from being able to descern what those smells mean, as in, this smells 'bad' vs this smells 'good'. If you grew up on rotten meat you'de propably associate that with 'good' even if it still made your eyes water. For the most part I think that their senses and the associations they have have been reduced to an extremely primitive level where a certain smell at best might mean food. It's not that they have to like the smell, but instead like what it gets for them, which would be a full belly.
    Likes Gooer, Jannit liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredWell Liked1000 Experience Points

If you smell something long enough you'll grow use to it, and it'll allow you to brush it off like it doesn't exist. Unless it's chemicals, I myself can smell the different chemicals in an item usually and it's not pleasant. The different chemicals are often off putting and give me a migraine, so maybe it's similar for them, thus they tend to flinch away from the cologne and such.
    Likes Robzombie liked this post

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    It might not be coincidence that Tanya has the heightest K18 levels is the one that complains the most about Burt's B.O.
    Why can i never think of these things....
    Likes Robzombie liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast