User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming

How We're Alive zombies are different to other stories

It occurred to me, as i was looking at whether a zombie outbreak would actually work, and a found a website, giving 7 reasons why it wouldn't work. 2 of the reasons it gave was that, due to the body being dead, either it will shrivel up and decompose, or freeze and burst. Tell me if i'm wrong, but i don't think its ever been said that our zombies are actually dead, just that they have physically changed. In my opinion, its another way in which Kc manages to keep this podcast as real as possible, with a great job at it too.
    Likes Sin Angel, Jannit, Robzombie liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH1 year registered
    That is actually why i like this podcast. Not a fan of any zombie movies, or TV shows.

I never liked the rotting, moaning, half eaten, zombies wandering in hordes.

but this podcast is different. I like the idea that they are alive, but just different from us.

As it has been said, it is a story of survival.
    Likes Gooer liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurWell LikedVeteran
    Well, I think most zombie fiction is assuming that we'll suspend our disbelief about a decomposing body walking around and eating people, like with The Walking Dead (they actually do some really interesting stuff with that though, that I haven't seen on any other zombie show or movie). However, I think the main gripe, when we've gotten past the suspension of disbelief, is the fact that slow zombies would not be able to take over the world. The military would absolutely tear them apart, no question. But, what's great about We're Alive is that with the quickness of the spread, and the tactical advantages of the biters, it's actually plausible that they could take out most of the human race. And if you need further proof, look at what happens to Fort Irwin at the end of season 3. That's something almost never shown in zombie fiction: the actual military fighting zombies.
    Likes Merlin1274, kent17, Gooer, TacticalJHP liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlarken View Post
    Well, I think most zombie fiction is assuming that we'll suspend our disbelief about a decomposing body walking around and eating people, like with The Walking Dead (they actually do some really interesting stuff with that though, that I haven't seen on any other zombie show or movie). However, I think the main gripe, when we've gotten past the suspension of disbelief, is the fact that slow zombies would not be able to take over the world. The military would absolutely tear them apart, no question. But, what's great about We're Alive is that with the quickness of the spread, and the tactical advantages of the biters, it's actually plausible that they could take out most of the human race. And if you need further proof, look at what happens to Fort Irwin at the end of season 3. That's something almost never shown in zombie fiction: the actual military fighting zombies.
    Oh, hell yea. Normal hoards of biters would stand no chance at all against even one M2 Bradley or M1 Abrams. If they an out of ammunition, they would make great steamrollers, and out of fuel they become bunkers. It took the hoards of "little ones" which had an advantage because of their advanced intelligence and strength to figure out how to stop the Bradleys.

I really hated to see Ft Irwin go, but i also hated the Colonel.
    Likes Merlin1274, kent17, Gooer liked this post

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    I like WD. But I do not like the Idea of reanimated Dead. If the Z-Day happens it will be to me on the Idea of 28 Days later.. Its why this podcast appeals to me so much. It plausible in my fantasy world.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: ZombieMorbid
    Agree with whats been said. I love how the zombies are in this story.... I know we are dealing with fiction, but it feels more "possible" then just about all other zombie stories. I love the "realness" of WA. Its great.
    Likes TacticalJHP liked this post
    "You may find me dead in a ditch one day...But by God you'll find me in a pile of brass!"

The hardest part about the Zombie Apocalypse will be pretending that i'm [I][B]NOT [/B][/I]excited!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredWell Liked1000 Experience Points

Sounds like a great idea. It makes sense and I also noticed these things.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    This just came up again in another thread so I'm going to repeat myself: I don't think the WA zombies are dead. My assumption is that they're the ones that are alive and that it's really some sort of plague / virus / etc. that has caused the outbreak. I agree that the WA universe seems much more realistic than other zombie scenarios I've seen.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: ZombieMorbid
    If not dead, why doesn't generally take head shots? how do they not bleed to death or react to wounds(Riley's arrow to the leg, Ink shot in the chest)? Just curious..
    Likes Jannit liked this post
    "You may find me dead in a ditch one day...But by God you'll find me in a pile of brass!"

The hardest part about the Zombie Apocalypse will be pretending that i'm [I][B]NOT [/B][/I]excited!

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by REZombie View Post
    If not dead, why doesn't generally take head shots? how do they not bleed to death or react to wounds(Riley's arrow to the leg, Ink shot in the chest)? Just curious..
    Didn't CJ said they could bleed out?
    It seems like when they are attacked in a certain way their bodies quickly toughen their bodies to make that attack less effective. I had the impression that at first gun shots work, then you need more and more firepower.

Of course, that comes with it's own problems. How their bodies know what an attack is vs. life is a mystery. Like, cellular death, lung action or intestinal flora.

Are they clean? Characters have talked about how they smell like poo, but they are apparently still wearing clothes for the most part (they describe the clothing on the one that jumped onto the helicopter) and people are able to see the tattoos clearly.
    Likes Jannit liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast