User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points28 Days LaterWell Liked
    Shouldn't that have been "I bet he was a kick arse cricketer" easily my least favourite character by a mile

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Or maybe he was a "jolly good ol' chap who knew how to handle a cricket bat". Shame he didn't know how to handle a bulletproof vest *guffaw*
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: ZombieMorbid
    My post from an old topic...

f Z-Day happened, would I be ready? A question i have asked myself many, many times.

If the day comes, i hope the answer is yes. But its hard to be prepared for everything, when it all depends on HOW it starts. Luckily i live in a small town, and the closest big-ish town to me is Winston-Salem, NC...not very likely for a viral attack here, so i should have at least a day to prepare before it spreads to me. If it happens to be cause by a supernatural force, and takes place simultaneously across the country/world its a little different, and my initial survival would be left to chance as to how it all comes to be.

However, i do have plans for everywhere i go. Just in case i have a chance at survival, i want to be able to take it. For example, here are a few of my plans below.

Home Plan: First my weapons... rifles, handguns, shotguns, blades and bows. I have enough ammo(3,000-4,000 rds) for my higher powered weapons to fight with while securing my stronghold. I also have an additional 10,000+/- rds for .22lr and around 150 arrows. The good thing about a .22lr, is it will pierce skull bone out to 200+ yards and is highly accurate out to 150+ yards without a lot of bullet drop. So for zombies, once you have a location secured, its the perfect defense weapon because you can carry so much more ammo and pick them off from a distance, and its fairly quiet. I dont like it for fighting though. The .22lr round is not the most reliable in semi-auto, so i would rather use something larger with more reliability. The bow would be great for food runs, or anytime you need to take out 1 or 2 without noise. Blades, i'm not a fan of unless its a last resort. Too much blood, chance of cutting ones self with blade, and they get stuck in bone REALLY easy. It also helps that i'm a gunsmith, and can reload ammo and repair our firearms as needed.

For my place to live, i'm lucky enough to own 18ac with 3 houses.. Mostly woods around us, lots of big oaks and poplars. Soon as able, trees will be cut and over lapped to form a temporary blockade around the main property, until supplies can be found to build a fence. Enough room to house up to 15 people, raise livestock, plant gardens, and there are two wells and two springs on the property that could be dammed up to provide water for the gardens, livestock and stocking with fish. Also have 3 10,000w generators, and a decent backstock of fuel and access to a in ground fuel storage should i acquire a fuel truck.

Food and water, i don't really keep a big stock of.. I maybe have enough canned goods and MRE's to last 5 people for a couple weeks. Very little water stocked, but lots of wells and springs around here, and plenty of water filtration. I have hunted all my life, and fished, plus my neighbor has 11 cows, and i have goats and chickens. We have a 2ac garden we plant every year, and i know how to cure meat and can stuff.

Medical, i have covered for the most part. I have a good supply of basic pain/cold meds, first aid meds, a few military issue field surgery/trauma kits and my wife is an herbalist. We also have 5 pharmacies in our little town.

I think that is a good summery of my home plan.

Work Plan: If at work when it goes down, since i work in a gun department, i have plenty of firepower. The hard part will be getting to my house... assuming i cannot and have to stay.. Its not a bad location. I work in a sporting goods store, so we have alot of useful things in the gun/hunting/camping departments. We also have several restaurants, home improvement stores and a mall near by, so lots of places for supply runs. once secured, we have 3 hotels within a half mile that would be PERFECT to house many survivors, and an army reserve vehicle lot near by packed with humvee's, jeeps, armored fuel haulers and transport trucks . My overall plan is similar to WA's tower...
    Likes scbubba, Storm liked this post
    "You may find me dead in a ditch one day...But by God you'll find me in a pile of brass!"

The hardest part about the Zombie Apocalypse will be pretending that i'm [I][B]NOT [/B][/I]excited!

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points28 Days LaterWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by REZombie View Post
    My post from an old topic...
    Omg, you have given that far too much thought lol

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Im sure Ive said this somewhere else on this site but I know exactly what Im going to do, get some friends and family together and head to my families cottage property in northern ontario. It is pretty remote and the way the cottage itself is built it would be very easy to get it zombie proofed. Since it is in a highly wooded area, and my gradfather and his brothers have loads of firewood already cut and ready to put into the fireplace for warmth and our tanks of proprain that provide our lights and for the stove are regularly maintained and toped off every spring and we always have extra tanks for the bbq. our land is big enough we can grow food during the summer, just have to clear enough land to be able to grow enough to feed us all

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12