User Tag List

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    28 Days Later250 Experience Points

mike and randy differnt idea

Ok i am new here and to be honest i have not read many things here, but i wanted to add in something. Now when mike is at the water works what i think went on was randy did help him however not as a zom i beleve what had gotten away at first maybe he was somewhere else in the and heard the others getting attacked and hide until he found mike.

Now he most likly pulled him out and saved him thus mike owed him but why wont he talk about it then? i think that mike might have caused randy to get turned either he left him behind or messed up in some form that caused randy to get turned thus why he refuses to talk would any of you talk about the fact your the reasons someone is dead well undead after they saved you from certain death?

Then afterwords the guilt of course most likely has a small from of ptsd he was a soldier therefore he knows the price of losing and if you remember he talked about getting his fellow soldiers attacked so the fact he could have messed up causing randys death might weigh on him, not to mention we all seen how he will LEAVE you behind aka puck i beleve it was so maybe he did something of the same expect randy didn't survive it.

Now maybe randy remembers this and isnt too happy with ole mike and maybe wants a little revenge? if him and ink are enemys could explain the temp alliance i mean the enemy of my enemy is well my enemy/friend kinda sorta maybe well for now at least .

So sorry if my writing isnt the best i'm not used to posting on stuff like this or reading this kinda stuff just started not long ago however i felt this could be very possible and also mike surly would not wanna talk about it considering hes supposed to be a *leader* thus would follow someone who got someone killed or left them behind?

P.s sorry if this idea was already said or not i have no clue truth is i have not gotten past the first page of reading theroies in here only so i have no idea if someone else had this idea or not but just wanted to share i have others but ill wait to see how this goes.
    Last edited by ThePhantom; Dec 9th, 2013 at 07:19 PM. Reason: to make sure others knew i wasnt attempting to copy

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

I've kinda had the same feeling... At least that Michael got saved by Randy somehow... I still don't understand why Michael seems to be so pissed at him. Maybe he didn't save him after all, maybe he just tried to turn him... IDK.
    But I definitely hope that we'll hear the story soon... And it better be worth the wait...

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    I think that after the events that transpired at Dunbar, Randy gave up after helping Michael. I think that they were again chased by the biters and Randy stayed behind, resigned to his fate.

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

He sacrificed himself for the greater good - like when Bruce Willis stayed on the asteroid to fire the nuke
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

I subscribe to your theory that Michael and Randy met while Randy was still human. They talked, exchanged names, that sort of thing. Somewhere in the process of Michael getting out of the Waterworks, his arm got "nearly broken off" and Randy got turned.

That was why Michael expressed such surprise in Season 2 when the zombies where trying to haul Tanya off and Michael spotted Zombie Randy. Michael thought Randy had died at the Waterworks.
    Likes Elisa liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    The strangest part of that scene is Michael yells Randy! Not Randy? Maybe the next part is too much on my part, but I think Randy responds. There is a distinct growl. Is there enough of his mind left to recognize it? There are two aspects to that.
    1) Is there recognition of a "self"? The biters are not mindless, but would they recognize themselves in a mirror?

2) Cognitive ability. Some of the first changes are intellectual. Is there a Tower of Babel aspect? Maybe they no longer understand English, but when Michael yells Randy, Randy might go [biter] holy shit did he just say Randy or did he just bark at me like he rabid dogs they are [/biter]

I have always attributed strong foreshadowing to Michael's comment, "Now, that Riley warned them in their own language. They probably understood that shit" from Chapter 1.

Compared to the biters, the humans seem more like the Romero-style Zombies. They are slower, weaker and their flesh is softer as if it is rotten. It works physically, but the intellectual aspects breaks down because the humans are certainly making much better use of tools...
    Likes Elisa, Footbutt, scbubba liked this post

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    The strangest part of that scene is Michael yells Randy! Not Randy? Maybe the next part is too much on my part, but I think Randy responds. There is a distinct growl. Is there enough of his mind left to recognize it? There are two aspects to that.
    1) Is there recognition of a "self"? The biters are not mindless, but would they recognize themselves in a mirror?

2) Cognitive ability. Some of the first changes are intellectual. Is there a Tower of Babel aspect? Maybe they no longer understand English, but when Michael yells Randy, Randy might go [biter] holy shit did he just say Randy or did he just bark at me like he rabid dogs they are [/biter]

I have always attributed strong foreshadowing to Michael's comment, "Now, that Riley warned them in their own language. They probably understood that shit" from Chapter 1.

Compared to the biters, the humans seem more like the Romero-style Zombies. They are slower, weaker and their flesh is softer as if it is rotten. It works physically, but the intellectual aspects breaks down because the humans are certainly making much better use of tools...
    I like the turned-tables of humans-as-zombies from the zombies point of view. I've said as much in other threads and others have too: It's a story of survival not a zombie story. Both sides are trying to survive against an antagonist that appears to want to wipe them off the face of the Earth.

As for the self and cognitive abilities - I think it depends on the Smart One aspect. How smart is smart? And how smart does one have to be to retain "self" are make reasoned decisions. We have some zombies, normal and otherwise, that make self preservation decisions (hide behind something, protect your weak spots). Then we have tool usage, possible language abilities (spoken and reading), and complex task completion. And that's before we get to all the things Ink has pulled off in the biochemistry department!

Anyway, I think the smartest of the Smart Ones benefit from something related to Ink. Maybe he has some sort of cocktail to help get their minds into a more usable state or maybe they are able to do it themselves. But there are definitely big differences in the cognitive abilities of Ink, Randy, and at least some of the Little Ones....
    Likes Elisa liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Lol, love the updated .sig, Bubba. Another one of my favorite lines...

Not from, Firefly, but another line I like is The Golden Rule: Them with the Gold, makes the Rules
    Likes scbubba liked this post

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Lol, love the updated .sig, Bubba. Another one of my favorite lines...

Not from, Firefly, but another line I like is The Golden Rule: Them with the Gold, makes the Rules
    Thanks, Grog!

I love that modified golden rule as well. My dad used to make teeth (crowns and bridges) and worked with gold all the time. One of the dentist customers got him a plaque that had that rule on it....

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    28 Days Later250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I've kinda had the same feeling... At least that Michael got saved by Randy somehow... I still don't understand why Michael seems to be so pissed at him. Maybe he didn't save him after all, maybe he just tried to turn him... IDK.
    But I definitely hope that we'll hear the story soon... And it better be worth the wait...
    I hope i'm replying to this correctly first time replying to someones message, but it's possible randy did give up his life or i also was thinking that maybe its sorta michael wanting to keep randy so to speak *quiet* not wanting others to know what transpired there. Maybe embressed or because hes supposed to be a leader he felt givin the sorry state the tower was already in that people knowing something he did would only make it all worse.

Also i thought that maybe mike sorta took the taking of tanya as maybe personal since if they met randy being human sorta of quick change from hey buddy to i'm gonna eat your friends.

I mean it would be a pretty big psyco shock to a person to be saved then possibly cause ones well death or even watch them do it themselves unlesss randy maybe made a deal and mike witnessed it or was offered the same deal.

I'm not sure if the zeds would go as far to do it but its possible that ink might have offered randy and mike a deal and mike said no since hes loyal and well randy might have said yes thus why randy is a smart one maybe ink is the cause of that. Maybe some smart ones do have some memorys and such but with inks help they can be much more like the little ones sense randy does seem to be smart even for a *smart* one so who knows.

Truth is i just was thinking of it and when i think of something i kinda just run with it and once i start to talk about something things just fly at me so figured i would give it a shot.

Though i know if i were in that postion i would not want others to know if i did get someone turned esp if iwere already having problems controlling those im trying to protect.