User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBeloved1 year registered

Roberts and Randy

I haven't taken the time to read back through the old theory threads here so I'm not sure if this has been postulated before; but I wonder if Randy perhaps was Roberts former employee and later his replacement after Robert's arrest?

CJ says to send 'Randy and the other techies' to the water works when pressure was lost early on. By stating Randy first and the 'others' it sounds like Randy is the leader of the techie group and perhaps the smartest one among them. Perhaps he was Robert's #2 in charge. When Roberts was arrested Randy took his role at work at Raydon Labs. When all crap broke loose and both were turned and saw eachother again Ink wanted Randy to fall back in line as his #2, but Randy has spent the last year or so as the head man in charge and wasn't ready to take the back seat again. Ink tries to force the issue by tattooing Randy, who then takes off from Ink's group and some of the other biters and little ones follow with him.

Maybe be this is why we also see the little one attacking the other biter at ground zero? Crips and Bloods of the zombie world so to speak?

I'm not sure I'm 100% sold on my own theory yet, but it definitely has the wheels in my head turning
    Likes MickGinger, Gfresh, Storm liked this post
    [FONT=verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Meat and Girth [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]:squint:

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

I love your theory Might not be how it is, but it's still a very interesting thought.
    Likes Unit liked this post

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

I think I mentioned at one time before (who knows where now) that I could believe a scenario where Randy was one of the lab guys or lab techs at Raydon that worked on Ink's research team.

Since we aren't really sure of Randy's motives at this point (with Ink or against Ink), it might be hard to go deeper into this idea but I could see it playing out either way:

1) Randy is with Ink: he liked his boss and never really believed in stories about the murders/etc. When he turned and found out about Ink/Roberts, he naturally went to him and "enlisted"

2) Randy found out about some bad juju going on at Raydon with Ink's work. He suspected something earlier but when the news of the murders came out, he knew something bad was up with the research. He didn't know about Ink until after he turned but, being a very Smart One, Randy was able to keep a hold of his human side and decided to try to thwart Ink's plans.

Or any number of things like that (apparent I have about a 5% chance of one of these being right....)
    Likes Unit liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Unit View Post
    I haven't taken the time to read back through the old theory threads here so I'm not sure if this has been postulated before; but I wonder if Randy perhaps was Roberts former employee and later his replacement after Robert's arrest?

CJ says to send 'Randy and the other techies' to the water works when pressure was lost early on. By stating Randy first and the 'others' it sounds like Randy is the leader of the techie group and perhaps the smartest one among them. Perhaps he was Robert's #2 in charge. When Roberts was arrested Randy took his role at work at Raydon Labs. When all crap broke loose and both were turned and saw eachother again Ink wanted Randy to fall back in line as his #2, but Randy has spent the last year or so as the head man in charge and wasn't ready to take the back seat again. Ink tries to force the issue by tattooing Randy, who then takes off from Ink's group and some of the other biters and little ones follow with him.

Maybe be this is why we also see the little one attacking the other biter at ground zero? Crips and Bloods of the zombie world so to speak?

I'm not sure I'm 100% sold on my own theory yet, but it definitely has the wheels in my head turning
    I like this theory, plenty of room for it to happen too
    Likes kent17 liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points28 Days Later
    Ink/Randy stuff:

I have been trying to sort out the timeline for the Zombie attacks on Michael's Tower, and on CJ's Dunbar Apts. and a question about why the attacks vary in complexity.

CJ's happens first (though we learn about it later through Kaylani and then from CJ). I say this because Kaylani was taken away from Dunbar during that attack, and Pinstripe's appearance at the Tower occurs when the group returns from the Arena, after having rescued Datu and Kaylani.

What is curious about the attacks: Dunbar, Tower, and later at the Colony after Boulder and Ft. Irwin fall is the varied level of planning.
    1-Dunbar. Pin Stripes gains access and calls in others immediately.
    2-Tower. Pin Stripes is on an upper floor, knocking and talking, but has not called other zombies even though access had been gained. (used keypad for access & had back to the camera)
    3-Colony. Pin Stripes is using the gate controls to allow the horde access, and seems to have planned and coordinated the attack, sending some first and reserving the "little ones"

Not entirely certain what this means, if it means anything. But wanted to post this and open it up to other fans.
    Z4Z
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Unit liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBeloved1 year registered
    I haven't ever really thought about the tactics of the different attacks before. I am wondering if the one for Dunbar and The Colony were planned out and that is why Ink called in the troops, but with the Tower he did it while all the soldiers were away. Perhaps he just happened to be in the right place at the right time and decided to try and take advantage of it even though he was without his entourage? Perhaps it was more of a recon mission? Hard to say really, but interesting to think about for sure.
    [FONT=verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Meat and Girth [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]:squint:

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroed4Zombies View Post
    Ink/Randy stuff:

I have been trying to sort out the timeline for the Zombie attacks on Michael's Tower, and on CJ's Dunbar Apts. and a question about why the attacks vary in complexity.

CJ's happens first (though we learn about it later through Kaylani and then from CJ). I say this because Kaylani was taken away from Dunbar during that attack, and Pinstripe's appearance at the Tower occurs when the group returns from the Arena, after having rescued Datu and Kaylani.

What is curious about the attacks: Dunbar, Tower, and later at the Colony after Boulder and Ft. Irwin fall is the varied level of planning.
    1-Dunbar. Pin Stripes gains access and calls in others immediately.
    2-Tower. Pin Stripes is on an upper floor, knocking and talking, but has not called other zombies even though access had been gained. (used keypad for access & had back to the camera)
    3-Colony. Pin Stripes is using the gate controls to allow the horde access, and seems to have planned and coordinated the attack, sending some first and reserving the "little ones"

Not entirely certain what this means, if it means anything. But wanted to post this and open it up to other fans.
    Z4Z
    Maybe this might help http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/s...ll=1#post61522

I'm guessing probably a month.We know that Pinstripes attacked Paul the day befor July 4th because of Pegs. Counting that days backwards we ca guess that they left to follow the tagged bodies perhaps 3 days prior.
    Day 1) Michael trapped at the waterworks in the morning and Datu captured that evening.
    Day 2) Riley and Angel awaken from the the night in the freezer.
    Day 2 or 3) After Riley and Angel trapped in the pile of bodies they are all rescued and return to the tower.

This puts us at June 30th or July 1st.
    Now we can go back about another five days based on another post I made.
    Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor

Now how long could have Randy and co. been at the water works? I'm guessing a time line could be as follows:

1. The rain storm prior to Saul's et al trip to the fuel depot was the same one in which CJ's missing convoy was hit. (My guess based on Samantha's assertion that the convoy was attacked in the rain AND that there was a rainstorm prior to Saul, Lizzy and Burt (S/L/B) going to find diesel fuel, and KC emphasized that it was raining.)
    2. The same day, or the following day Sean sends Randy and the techies to the water pumping station.
    3. 3 days later, CJ's tower is attacked.
    4. So Randy may have been at the pumping station from the time Saul, Lizzy and Burt looks for fuel to the time AFTER they return, conduct the experiment and set off to track the tagged zombies.
    5. Day 1 - End of rain storm. S/L/B go to find fuel, Kalani arrives at Dunbar, Techies go to water works.
    6. Day 2 - Morning following Z attack on Saul in the hybrid.
    7. Day 3 - Morning following Saul's escape from the Mallers. Angel discovers that the bodies are gone.
    8. Day 4 - Lizzy implements the sweat experiment. Zombies tagged later that day. Latch and Scratch visit the Tower that night.
    9. Day 5 - Water pressure finally fails. Michael, Angel, Riley and Datu leave for the water works and to follow the trackers.

Was he really there for almost a week? Did he know his Tower was attacked? Was he working on the plumbing for that whole time? Did he have plumber's crack?

This places us at around June 25th or 26th. The outbreak started on May 8th.

Man, I feel like a 10th Century monk trying to date Jesus' birth.
    Likes Storm liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    The timeline is faulty. The design of the sweat experiment and Inks presence in the tower are separated by weeks. The time stamp is very subtle. When Kelly is searching Lizzy's apartmentand rattles the sweat jars, Lizzy says hey, tat is like three weeks worth of work. So, there seems to be a break of three weeks from the testing of the theory to the tagging.

The biters also take the dead bodies from the apartment much earlier in the story. It happens when they get the fuel tanker. This has to also occur early in the story, in my opinion. The food and water dispensers are for days, not weeks and Lady is alive and well

As for Ink's visit to the tower, is that retaliatory for the tagging and attack on his arena? I do not know. He clearly attacked Dunbar. He must have felt threatened by it much as the mallers did
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    The timeline is faulty. The design of the sweat experiment and Inks presence in the tower are separated by weeks. The time stamp is very subtle. When Kelly is searching Lizzy's apartmentand rattles the sweat jars, Lizzy says hey, tat is like three weeks worth of work. So, there seems to be a break of three weeks from the testing of the theory to the tagging.

The biters also take the dead bodies from the apartment much earlier in the story. It happens when they get the fuel tanker. This has to also occur early in the story, in my opinion. The food and water dispensers are for days, not weeks and Lady is alive and well

As for Ink's visit to the tower, is that retaliatory for the tagging and attack on his arena? I do not know. He clearly attacked Dunbar. He must have felt threatened by it much as the mallers did
    Holy Moly Crap!

Back to the drawing board.
    Last edited by Witch_Doctor; Dec 26th, 2013 at 01:47 PM.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    It's hard to really nail stuff down. Just when I think I have it nailed down there is a part that does not quite fit.

I think Lady has to be rescued within a week or two of the outbreak. The initial sweat experiment floats in the middle somewhere. While The tagging and final water loss is late in June.

Somewhere KC says Samantha exaggerates the time she is held. Maybe Lizzy does the same.

The other thing that moving the rescue of Lady earlier in the story does s remove the dead bodies. The casualties from the assault on the tower are cleaned up early and they do not leave 100s of rotting bodies for a month.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast