User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points28 Days LaterWell Liked

Best Zombie reads/listens???

With absolutely zero disrespect to the We're Alive story/cast/crew, my mind just loves the subject of apocalyptic survival stuff.... What are some of your favorite zombie books/audiobooks? I've read/listened to many and prefer audio books to actually read (so I can get stuff done). Some of my favorites are:

Day by Day Armageddon (series) by J. L. Bourne- Favorite audiobook hands down and comes close to We're Alive for me.
    Zombie Fallout (series) by Mark Tufo: Main charecter is a Marine, suedo prepper and zombie fan so it's like looking in a mirror!
    Feed (series) by Mira Grant: Slightly different take on living in the undead world

Anyone have any other recommendations? This two week wait is going to have me itching like a crackhead!!!
    The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties. <<---- TALKING TO YOU ROBINS!!

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    World War Z audio book is excellent. It has some great voice acting. Also, I Am Legend audio book is a lot better than the film adaption.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    World War Z was excellent! I don't know why they named the movie World War Z when there was next to nothing to connect it to the book. I was a fan of I am Legend the movie, never listened to it though, I'll have to give it a go! I'm on Dust and Decay by Jonathan Maberry and it's pretty good, got off a little slow but draws you in. He also did patient zero which had me at the edge of my seat so to speak more often than not.
    The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties. <<---- TALKING TO YOU ROBINS!!

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

...Does "The Passage" Count? That one is fantastic. Also "The Strain", a series of three, is really cool. Not about zombies, though, more like vampires... But they still deal with the post-apocalyptic life and survival stuff. Besides from those I haven't realy experienced that much zombie/apocalypse material, so so far WA is probably the best I've found. Especially because Kc - as far as I remember - tries to keep it as realistic as possible... IDK...

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    ...Does "The Passage" Count? That one is fantastic. Also "The Strain", a series of three, is really cool. Not about zombies, though, more like vampires... But they still deal with the post-apocalyptic life and survival stuff. Besides from those I haven't realy experienced that much zombie/apocalypse material, so so far WA is probably the best I've found. Especially because Kc - as far as I remember - tries to keep it as realistic as possible... IDK...
    Thanks for the recommendations! I'll check them out! I don't really watch a lot of TV or listen to music. Audiobooks are my guilty pleasure. If you haven't ever checked out day by day armageddon, I would highly recommend it! As far as books are concerned, it is as good as it gets! (I consider audio dramas to be separate) I was considering writing a zombie type book for a while for lack of realistic content and big picture plot (pre We're Alive for me), but once I listened to day by day, it had anything and everything I would have put into a book. Definitely worth a read or listen.

As far as We're Alive goes...It is the first audio drama I've listened to an second podcast I've listened to (second to Jay and Silent Bob get old). I didn't realize how much depth and thought could be put into character development, plot development, production and overall badassery! I like the audio drama because of the cliff hangers and the forums to allow you to explore where the story might be going. With a book there are thoughts here and there, but it isn't written for you to explore every possible scenario. Mad kudos to KC and all the Staff here!

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

I know a couple of you guys have mentioned the World War Z audiobook, but have you also heard the World War Z - Lost Files audiobook? IMO its even better than the first (except for the fact that Mark Hamill's voice acting in the first one was awesome!)
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

"Lurker"

Status
    The remaining by d.j. Molles is by far the best zombie survival book series I've listened to( next to were alive ofcourse). Narrator christian rummel does an absolutely amazing job aswell. I highly recommend this series to anyone who loves were alive like I do
    Likes tonyhind86 liked this post

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

I'll have to try that one aswell
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsWell Liked
    There is an anthology that I found really gripping called Zombies : The recent dead. It even has a lost World War Z chapter dealing with how China rebuilt the wall to hold back the horde.
    Likes tonyhind86 liked this post

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

I can't imagine this being disrespectful to anyone.

I thought Patient Zero was a really fantastic. Breathers: A Zombie's Lament by S.G. Browne is a pretty good read too.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast