User Tag List

Page 43 of 60 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Besides:
    Only the discussion around #31-2 (Family Ties) had more discussion-pages thatn this one ... And we are pretty close in setting a new record ... Keep the tinfoil-hats, crackpots, and real-deal-thoughts spinning ... !

edit: OOOPS! It happens to be the case that with this very posting I have matched the number of discussion pages for #38-2 and #41-3 ... Ten more to go, and we have set a new record ...! Run, Forest Gumps, run! /edit

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Dec 8th, 2013 at 08:16 AM. Reason: 1 is not 8 is not 1 is not 8 ...
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    It seems like Ink definitely has a thing for the ladies. Riley and CJ were both spared, and both Samantha and Tanya were abducted, with drastically varying outcomes.
    Likes skankyfish, tonyhind86 liked this post

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by clem131 View Post
    Nope. The tires melted while the truck was being used. The situation is clear: there's no truck, a prototype never tested in the field, a rookie, two of the most important Colony members, and it's about to rain anyway, so no urgent need for water. In this situation, she decides to send them anyway. It's her fault. I'm sorry, but tools being used can break, including trucks.
    But the truck didn't just "stop working," the tires fucking melted. Tires don't just melt just because they get too much use. Michael shouldn't have ignored CJ's pleas for help and brought the gun truck back. Had he been there to help Datu instead of pursuing this wild goose chase, Datu would be safe, Glenn would be alive, and that other dude would be okay as well (can't remember his name haha)

Burt and Riley are also to blame! The ditched everyone when they needed them the most. How can you blame CJ for everything?

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Besides:
    Only the discussion around #38-2 (Family Ties) had more discussion-pages thatn this one ... And we are pretty close in setting a new record ... Keep the tinfoil-hats, crackpots, and real-deal-thoughts spinning ... !

edit: OOOPS! It happens to be the case that with this very posting I have matched the number of discussion pages for #38-2 and #41-3 ... Ten more to go, and we have set a new record ...! Run, Forest Gumps, run! /edit

Best wishes!
    Liam
    I don't have anything new to add to the theory pool at this time; I'm just posting for the sake of helping along the record attempt
    Likes LiamKerrington liked this post
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    A leader is responsible for thinking ahead and planning for possibilities. The fact that CJ didn't think of a scenario that would require more than one mostly green guard speaks poorly of her mindset.
    Likes Storm liked this post

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by Malador View Post
    A leader is responsible for thinking ahead and planning for possibilities. The fact that CJ didn't think of a scenario that would require more than one mostly green guard speaks poorly of her mindset.
    She's a very autocratic leader anyway, almost like "my way or the highway". Makes me wonder what she did in her civilian life before the outbreak...
    Likes Gooer liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Well, OK. Rookie Jay was implemented as kind of a clumsy and rookie-ish soldier. But after all you may consider that he actually has gathered field-experience - and he was not just a red-shirt, but a named one. And keeping in mind that zombie-encounters have become solitair experiences (arguable, but my understanding of the whole situation) I don't see any flaw on CJ's decision ... Yes, she could have decided different or better ... But, seriously: that's what you can tell about any decision gone wrong, right?

Also keep in mind that R2Da2 the Ressourceful is, although just the maintenance-guy, battle-hardened and very well experienced as a survivor in this dark world. He survived the Tower, Boulder, Fort Irwin (, thus two nuclear blasts!), Hope (!!!), and was established as the key-engineer for the Colony almost instantly ... And we as the audience know: he was able to freaking kill a Boulder-Little-One with a f*cking chair or shit ... So, the Battlemech R2Da2 Modell: "the Ressourceful" and the Rookie-Jay ... Two guns ... In an area known to be outside the Colony, and yet estimated as to be not such a hot-zombie-zone (why else would CJ have even considered letting them out???) ... Yeah, in the end shit hit the fan, but was it a likely scenario? From the point of the view of the audience: Yes, because after all it is a story of survival in a world gone zombocalypse. But from the perspective of CJ? Clearly no ... Possible (that's what the guns were for), but not likely ...

That's weird - I actually speak in favor of a character I am everything else but close to liking ... I must haZ gone crazy ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Likes Unit liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:

He deserves an award just for putting up with no-Hope. Her constant whining and complaining reminds me of C3P0.

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    After re-reading some points on here, i noticed that some people have theories that Burt and Riley are dead, due to the fact that no one has talked about them. But in my opinion, i don't think Kc would just kill them off with no say about it; i think he would make a pretty big, dramatic point about it, and make their deaths glorious, if it did happen (hopefully not, Burt is kick-ass awesome)

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Gooer View Post
    After re-reading some points on here, i noticed that some people have theories that Burt and Riley are dead, due to the fact that no one has talked about them. But in my opinion, i don't think Kc would just kill them off with no say about it; i think he would make a pretty big, dramatic point about it, and make their deaths glorious, if it did happen (hopefully not, Burt is kick-ass awesome)
    Also, we've heard them talking after they left the Colony. If they're dead than we wouldn't know of their conversation unless they left a journal to be found later.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Page 43 of 60 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast