User Tag List

Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    I am very much a fan of the zombie genre, and as such I visit a number of zombie related sites on the net. One of them (my favorite) is Homepage of the Dead. Someone posted a link to the podcasts and I gave the show a try and found while it is not my favorite flavor of zombie (slow moving Romero Zombies) I really enjoyed the characters and production value.

The stories were riveting i nan old fashioned soap opera radio sense and quite well done. I have been listening ever since.

"Lurker"

Status
    I didn't even know that I would love zombies so much! I stumbled across the podcast on my iphone when I was looking for something to keep me awake at work. I love it so much and now I am also a huge fan of The Walking Dead (not as big as We're Alive)!

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Gamertag: unknown6425

My We're Alive story

i was never really a big zombie person... but when i got me iPhone i tried to put all my music from my iTunes onto it and all of my music had disappeared... so i ended up going through iTunes for something free to listen to and i ended up loving the pod-casts soooo much! i was pretty stoked when the chapter 23 part 3/3 came out on my birthday! i literally bawled when i finished that podcast too cuz its soooooo long until the 30th! and im not able to go see the live showing :'(

"Lurker"

Status

PSN ID: crazyphil
    Through zombie killers group on SG .

"Lurker"

Status
    Although I don't seem to see many people with the same introduction to We're alive. I found it through spill.com, a movie review site. I'm looking forward to start using this account after 3 months lol.

"Lurker"

Status
    Hey all!

Hmmm... I found the podcast whilst looking on iTunes for something to alleviate the boredom of work! Just a couple of episodes in and I was hooked. I found the zombiepodcast site and learned about Britt and Greg's accompanying discussions and downloaded those too. From having never heard of the podcasts it took me precisely 6 days to completely catch up with the whole story. And now I'm super-annoyed that after Saturday's epic I'm gonna be twiddling my thumbs for months waiting for the next episodes! Damn it! Anyway, it's nice to be part of the forum now. I'm looking forwards to getting to know you all.

"Lurker"

Status

I found it through Spill.com, specifically the League Of Extremely Ordinary Gentlemen (LEOG), they keep talking about We're Alive so much, i just had to check it out.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Gamertag: awesomej95 PSN ID: awesomej95 Raptr ID: awesomej95
    Quote Originally Posted by NashKnowsBest View Post
    My story is boring... The one and only Greg Miller recommended on IGN's Beyond. Im sure a lot of you are fans of this podcast too
    Yes same here, i have been hooked and a couple of my friends got hooked from my reccomendation.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    About a year ago, I began looking for alternative entertainment to replace my music collection on my iPod Touch. It’s insane how the music you have loved to listen to for years quickly becomes tired and boring simply because you are carrying it around on your person, wherever you go.

At first, I joined Audible, thinking that maybe downloading a couple audio books would peak my interest during my drive from work. I quickly found that the monaural, first person narration of a person reading from the book I should have otherwise bought hardcover off the shelf, was nothing short of white noise using words.

Then I stumbled upon OTR (Old Time Radio) podcasts in iTunes and elsewhere. These of course were the radio dramas that entertained millions before the advent of TV in the ‘30’s, ‘40’s and ‘50’s that included Mystery Theatre, the Shadow, Sam Spade, etc. The material may have been dated, but still entertaining, well produced and usually narrated by the top celebrities of the day. More importantly, these podcasts offered features that the majority of audio books being sold today don’t, namely sound effects and musical scores to complement the story being told.

My favorite of them all was the infamous adaptation of H.G. Wells War of the Worlds, told to the world in a live broadcast by Orson Wells back on Halloween night in 1938. I can only recommend those who believe in apocalyptic endings to our world listen to this broadcast. It scared the crap out of an entire nation that night. It still sent a chill down my spine as well listening to it, in its entirety, nearly 80 years later.

So it was obvious that when I fell upon We’re Alive six months ago while looking for new content in iTunes, I was instantly addicted. Contemporary, well written and acted, with all the bells and whistles of the old time audio dramas, it was a perfect and welcomed edition to my collection. I have already listened to all 34 chapters twice and will do it all over again before season 3 begins.

Thanks to everyone at We’re Alive for giving me this gift. Keep up the great work!

"Lurker"

Status
    San Bernardino, California, United States

Discovering We're Alive

I was starting to get into zombies and then a friend told me about the podcast and as soon as I heard the first episode I was hooked for life. Long live We're Alive!!!

Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast