User Tag List

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    I've found We're Alive on IMDb's zombie-section when looking for a zombie movie/series to get my regular apocalypse fix. When I found out it was a podcast I didn't know what to expect, as I'm not that familiar with the format. The only podcasts I had listened to up until now were all comedy-based. Decided to try it out anyway and was hooked after only two minutes!

The show is like heroin, though. I came in fresh, have gone through all episodes in just over a week and now I have built up a dependence to the show. The withdrawal symptoms are already kicking in. This show is really great and I'm already dreading the day the final episode will be posted.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked
    I became the GameMaster of my university's 'Humans Versus Zombies' club and needed to catch up on my zombie media.
    So I typed in zombies on Itunes, trying to find anything I could and this beautiful work came up.
    I have been mesmerized every since.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA Points1 year registeredWell Liked10000 Experience Points

I was downloading zombie audio books from iTunes and stumbled across We're Alive. It's blown away absolutely every book I've ever purchased from iTunes and seriously, I would pay handsomely to get longer chapters or more frequent updates.

The acting, sound effects and storytelling are much better than any zombie movie or book (with the exception of the World War Z audiobook, which was pure gold) I have ever watched or read. I'd love to even see a second storyline with a different group of survivors set in the same universe with perhaps a crossover occasionally. I'll be donating to WA today, because I'm literally guilty that I haven't paid dime one for such amazing storytelling and I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say that my wallet is open for a second story!

"Lurker"

Status
    I found WA just by chance, scrolling through podcasts on iTunes. I think I was in the dentists waiting room when I downloaded the first episode and had a listen, hooked from the get go and downloaded episode 2&3 in the car park of the dentist surgery. Well I was able to refrain from listening to the first two seasons and decided to savour the show, ha, six weeks later I'm now waiting for each Monday to come along. Although I kept hearing of this site on the adds I waited until I was up to date before I posted here, I been lurking and reading and watching and and and, lol.

Ok I hope to post more and get a bit more active. I also dropped by on the newbie thread to say Hi, check it out and if you haven't said hello do so now or bad things might happen!

"Fresh Meat"

Status

I was looking for The Moth podcast because I wanted my mom to listen to that Steve Osborn one about 9/11 (which is awesome and totally worth your time) and I stumbled across We're Alive. I listen to podcasts while I work out because there's no way in hell I'd work out if I didn't have something interesting to do at the same time. I listened to the first part of the first episode and wasn't sure if I wanted to keep going. But it was the rest of the first episode or NPR. So, I guess I should thank NPR for getting me hooked on We're Alive.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by stat View Post
    I was looking for The Moth podcast because I wanted my mom to listen to that Steve Osborn one about 9/11 (which is awesome and totally worth your time) and I stumbled across We're Alive. I listen to podcasts while I work out because there's no way in hell I'd work out if I didn't have something interesting to do at the same time. I listened to the first part of the first episode and wasn't sure if I wanted to keep going. But it was the rest of the first episode or NPR. So, I guess I should thank NPR for getting me hooked on We're Alive.
    Stat, it is good to have you here in the Tower. These are desperate times. So be prepared, check your ammo. Do not underestimate these bloody zombie bastards.

"Lurker"

Status

Hi, Embarrassed to say this but I was looking for Zombie Audiobooks through the now defunct Demonoid. I have passed details of this site through to the local 'zombie groups'.

"Lurker"

Status

I'm new to producing radio documentary myself. I love listening to podcasts and have been into radio dramas since I was a kid. Happened to see this on iTunes while looking for some good audio fiction.

I'm a secret geek for this kind of theorizing and speculation. I listen to all the fan commentary podcasts in film and TV too and this show happens to be pretty meaty on things to digest. KC plants a lot of hints and seemingly innocuous details early on that become super relevant later.

twitter.com/AerockParinas

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class1000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second Class1 year registered

Gamertag: aZuLPiNoY PSN ID: aZuLPiNoY
    While I was at Fort Indiantown Gap, Pennsylvania, some new Army buddies of mine from New York and I started talking about TV shows we watch. I'm a big nerd and told them that I like Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, etc. The New Yorkers told me about We're Alive and said I'd probably love it. They were right! Now I'm spreading the word about it here in Virginia!
    Drop beats, not bombs. Fight war, not wars. When the heart does not know what it cannot do, it does everything. Revolution only works for those who participate. Start loving... I am ♥

"Lurker"

Status
    I learned about We're Alive in a very odd way: I was set to leave for Portugal for three months and the night before, a friend asked me what I was going to do for the flight, and I replied that I'd probably watch movies on my PSP (probably a three hour battery life, wouldn't have lasted the whole way). He told me about We're Alive and asked if I wanted to check it out, so I did. The flight over wasn't boring at all and actually, for the first time ever, I enjoyed the flight over. It worked just as well for the flight back.

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast