User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burt & Riley

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Burt & Riley

It's beginning to look very likely that we'll be picking up on Burt and Riley's adventure in the next chapter. They explained that they were going to base their search for the remaining Mallers around places familiar to them, which suggests The Mall or Eastern Bay. I have a theory that they're going to find a straggler from the Maller faction, Burt will want to torture him for information and Riley will take the moral high ground against him.

Anyone else have any theories?
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH

4 months is a big gap to be searching for Scratch.

i predict the search is not going well and we'll find Burt and Riley feeling pretty down. and then, soon after picking up this plot line, a catalyst will happen, via outside zombie-like stimuli, and the search will ramp up into something much more solid and tense.
    Likes Unit liked this post

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by Footbutt View Post
    4 months is a big gap to be searching for Scratch.

i predict the search is not going well and we'll find Burt and Riley feeling pretty down. and then, soon after picking up this plot line, a catalyst will happen, via outside zombie-like stimuli, and the search will ramp up into something much more solid and tense.
    I forgot to consider the time-gap. I wonder if, in her down state, she turns to the bottle again.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

They're both drunk. Drunk as balls. Maybe drunk on balls. Old balls.

What?

Yucks aside, it seems likely Burt and Riley will return in the next chapter. As for my girl Scratch? Oof. I can't tell you how much I miss her. Come on Kc. For the love of Bob and all that is Foley . . . bring back Scratch!
    Likes Gooer, skankyfish liked this post
    joint-point-counter-joint

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

I guess #41 and maybe #42 will be mostly about Riley and Burt and, indeed, Scratch. That's the reason why Burt and Riley have left the Colony, and Scratch is out there as well. I even think that Skittles will reappear, 'cause he is the random encounter guy who might become important ... Riley and Skittles have met before, so there would be a small chance of connection - especially because Riley established kind of an emotional connection with Skittles ...

Burt and Riley haven't been mentioned again since their departure from the Colony. Not sure what to think about it. But I guess Michael and CJ have agreed to keep it simple and to hold up the false impression that Burt and Riley were on a secret mission. Obviously none has asked about them anymore - at least not in our understanding from what we have heard so far. So for me the question no #1 would be: Is there any kind of communication between Burt and Riley on the one side and the Colony/ Michael on the other? I don't think so, 'cause Burt and Riley seem to be kind of bitter about the latest developments and occurrences in the Colony before they have left; what reason would they have to stay in touch with anyone? Then again: Would Michael or anyone else absolutely not care about what could happen to Riley and Burt? Seems to me unlikely ...

What else ... ? Burt and Riley will find Scratch - or vice versa. And what then? Blazing guns? Apparently this would not happen, 'cause this would provide too little food for a good storytelling ... So, what will happen, if ... ?

Or will there be kind of a special "triangular" situation with Scratch and Mallers at A, Burt and Riley at B, and finally zombs at C ... ?

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Likes skankyfish, Unit liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    To sum it up: episode 40 will end with a usual but usually quite satisfying "We are pretty much fucked up" moment. And there will be the usual "Oh my god, what will happen next" episode thread. And we will have an episode 41 with will introduce us to what has happened to Burt and Riley in the meantime. And we will love it.
    Likes tonyhind86, Storm, LiamKerrington liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH

well, we do know that Burt and Riley had a Police radio, so it's likely if they did run into any MAJOR trouble or even some big intel, they could call it in...

but also consider the time gap between when they left and where we currently are with everyone else.
    4 Months is a while, but consider the elasped time of chapters 39 & 40 and all that happened during those few days.

i'm guessing communication with Burt/Riley is either based upon a "check-in update" or they are totally ignoring them. either way, i'm sure we'll see them VERY soon.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBeloved1 year registered
    I have been thinking about the time gap a little bit, and how nobody seems to be mentioning Burt and Riley anymore. I am wondering if they are already gone or assumed dead and somewhere down the road we get a character telling a story like Michael did with his arm? Like he is sitting around with Kelly or something and says 'oh Burt and Riley? I didn't tell you we found their mangled bodies and journals a couple months ago? Yeah a little one got them, wanna transcribe their journals with the rest?'

I hope that is not the case but who knows, everyone had a million crackpot theories about Michaels arm forever and then we got the letdown of oh I just smashed it in the door is all.
    [FONT=verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Meat and Girth [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]:squint:

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unit9014 View Post
    everyone had a million crackpot theories about Michaels arm forever and then we got the letdown of oh I just smashed it in the door is all.
    I think there is still more of this story to be told, it ties in too much with Randy to just end there.

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:

Chapter 41 is gonna be all about Burt & Riley
    Likes TacticalJHP, Unit, Robzombie liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast