User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod

Exclamation WereAlive.com is ours!!!

I can finally announce this: WereAlive.com is ours!!! It took a few years of being patient, but we finally grabbed the domain! What does that mean?

Well, in short term, nothing. It is set to forward to zombiepodcast.com right now. BUT, one of the reasons we wanted it so badly is that eventually if/when we branch out into other mediums, the word "podcast" might not apply.

So, good news all around!

Zombie humper

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Did you get it for a reasonable price or did you have to payoff a squatter? I guess my real question is: was the domain held by somebody who was actually using it or just a Squatter trying to make a buck?

I have a "domain" fetish. I currently own about 20 domains and I have let several expire. Every time one expires it gets bought immediately then put on auction for thousands of dollars. I let them expire because they were lame, its just a small satisfaction to waste the money of lowlifes trying to gank domains.

I have been trying to buy Monnin.com for a few years but I refuse to pay any real money for it. I could have bought it for $650 2 years ago but I refused, I almost won an auction for it at $100 but right before the auction ended the seller cancelled it.
    Ever since Sheena Monnin took on Donald Trump (and lost) somebody thinks Monnin.com is worth $7000. She sure doesn't have enough money to buy it.
    Last edited by Duffusmonkey; Nov 25th, 2013 at 11:11 AM.
    LOOK AT MY AVATAR!!!!! I have a bottle of trioxin 245 in my hand and I am NOT AFRAID TO USE IT!!!!!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffusmonkey View Post
    Did you get it for a reasonable price or did you have to payoff a squatter? I guess my real question is: was the domain held by somebody who was actually using it or just a Squatter trying to make a buck?

I have a "domain" fetish. I currently own about 20 domains and I have let several expire. Every time one expires it gets bought immediately then put on auction for thousands of dollars. I let them expire because they were lame, its just a small satisfaction to waste the money of lowlifes trying to gank domains.

I have been trying to buy Monnin.com for a few years but I refuse to pay any real money for it. I could have bought it for $650 2 years ago but I refused, I almost won an auction for it at $100 but right before the auction ended the seller cancelled it.
    Ever since Sheena Monnin took on Donald Trump (and lost) somebody thinks Monnin.com is worth $7000. She sure doesn't have enough money to buy it.
    Yup, had to pay off a squatter. At least it was a professional squatter. I had been tracking it for years now, and it finally went down to a mildly "reasonable" price. If the series ever gets optioned, or whatever, that price would skyrocket. So, pay now vs pay a lot more later.
    Likes Verse liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registeredWell Liked
    Good to hear!

I'm in the webdesign business and i know how irritating it can be people (and those anoying big companys claiming domains). I always inform about the price with my personal email so that they don't know there is a website/company behind it.. But still, people rather hold on to a domain, pay 5-8 dollars every year and wait for someone to pay up big time...

It's always good to buy multiple domains that are closely relevant.. I made that mistake a few times and end up with other people claiming that domain. For example if you have www.website.com, also claim www.websiteS.com and www.website.net and www.websites.net.

KC, Wherealive.net is still free... I would advise you to claim it.. It;s just a few bucks a year..
    http://www.apocalypsezone.com
    The moment I became a fan of Angel: "Oh look, Datu is crying again"

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    Epic acquire!

Zombie humper

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Hey I am the proud owner of such fine domains as:

dorkdomain.com
    podcastnerd.com
    ocdhobbies.com
    wrenchjockey.com
    monnin.org
    hobbypodcast.com
    pissmeyer.com

and a lot of others that sound almost the same
    LOOK AT MY AVATAR!!!!! I have a bottle of trioxin 245 in my hand and I am NOT AFRAID TO USE IT!!!!!

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    I'm not sure if my roommate still has it, but he at once point owned animalfiesta.com. Pretty disturbing.

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Fantastic news! Can't wait to see the new developments. Any ideas so far?
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

"Lurker"

Status

Fantastic news KC !

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    I'm not sure if my roommate still has it, but he at once point owned animalfiesta.com. Pretty disturbing.
    You haven't seen what's out there, then... AnimalFiesta would be nothing compared to the horrors Rule 34 can show you...
    Last edited by Storm; Nov 27th, 2013 at 12:35 AM.
    Likes Red Shirt, skankyfish liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast