User Tag List

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    "Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyhind86 View Post
    That's assuming it was an earthquake. Perhaps an underground explosion?
    Yeah, I'm not assuming it was an earthquake.... I am also assuming that it is some kind of explosion.

But, the area seems to be shaking pretty violently near Saul and Tanya, it would stand to reason that you would be able to feel it off in the distance.

I live about 10-15 miles from a military base and when they are testing weaponry you can hear it as well as feel the ground shake depending on what they are firing.......

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points28 Days LaterWell Liked
    Ok, first time poster here, go easy on me. I have a few theories here, also!
    Re: Tonya and Saul- I think the K18 levels she's reading are actually the bodies natural antigens fighting off the infection. This is why they number got higher and higher in step with the stage of the turning process. I believe those two have natural immunity, and their blood could create a serum to save others, or a vaccine. Not sure if it could be used in some way as a weapon against the zombies, though.

Re: Inks- With his mental disorder and high intelligence, it seems to me that he created the chemical catalyst that's going on under Inglewood. It also seems obvious to me that the "haze" is what turned the original zombies. Inks is operating under mad scientist rules right now, shaping the evolution of this new creature. My take? He is sending the normals to his old lab for his chemicals, so he can continue altering the zombie population for whatever his grand scheme is.

I have some more stuff too, but that's it for now....

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by beedubu2 View Post
    Re: Tonya and Saul- I think the K18 levels she's reading are actually the bodies natural antigens fighting off the infection. This is why they number got higher and higher in step with the stage of the turning process. I believe those two have natural immunity, and their blood could create a serum to save others, or a vaccine. Not sure if it could be used in some way as a weapon against the zombies, though.

Re: Inks- With his mental disorder and high intelligence, it seems to me that he created the chemical catalyst that's going on under Inglewood. It also seems obvious to me that the "haze" is what turned the original zombies. Inks is operating under mad scientist rules right now, shaping the evolution of this new creature. My take? He is sending the normals to his old lab for his chemicals, so he can continue altering the zombie population for whatever his grand scheme is.

Welcome!!!!

#1 - interesting idea..... I like that possibilty. My only concern would be that Tanya makes it seem like her and Sauls levels are continually rising(slowly but continually going up). So does that mean that at some point Saul and Tanya are going to turn??? or at some point their levels become sooo elevated because they are slowly getting close to being fully immune???
    Likes beedubu2 liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hello zombiefood!

Keep it rolling! Am curious about your thoughts. Move on ... !
    Likes beedubu2 liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered
    I was thinking something along these lines too. What if they are not "naturally" immune, but their exposure was at such a low amount/level that the body is able to fight it off. Maybe this will be a step towards a vaccine.

I'm surprised Michael doesn't seem concerned with the lack of zombies, where are they? Earlier in the story when bodies were disappearing everyone wanted to know where they were going, and thus we found the arena.
    Likes Tar Heel Fan, Cabbage Patch, beedubu2 liked this post

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by daveyman23 View Post
    But in the real world, cracks dont just open up in LA and spew poisonous gas. Its too coincidental
    Hmmm...Let's take a look at this…"Radon" gas is naturally occurring colorless (not green), tasteless gas. But in addition to these mundane qualities, it also has the property of being very radioactive. And that is to the point to where it is supposedly the second highest cause of lung cancer in the U.S., only behind cigarette smoking. That would make it numero uno on you non-smokers list (probably just in front of "second hand smoking"). That said, and having now lived through a shitload of earthquakes here in L.A. (and yes, Ive have seen enough Hollywood movies to stay away from those open cracks in the earth), there must be a link between radon gas, Radon Labs and Radon, the private from M.A.S.H., aka Michael Cross.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Talk of the outbreak patterns got me to thinking. And I'll try this later is no one else does, but I'm at work for the evening.

could we plug in the pattern of outbreak into the Fibonacci sequence? Basically start in Inglewood and make a golden spiral...im not sure if it works...but might be worth checking.
    Likes scbubba, LiamKerrington, Witch_Doctor liked this post
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by dontkillburt View Post
    Hmmm...Let's take a look at this…"Radon" gas is naturally occurring colorless (not green), tasteless gas. But in addition to these mundane qualities, it also has the property of being very radioactive. And that is to the point to where it is supposedly the second highest cause of lung cancer in the U.S., only behind cigarette smoking. That would make it numero uno on you non-smokers list (probably just in front of "second hand smoking"). That said, and having now lived through a shitload of earthquakes here in L.A. (and yes, Ive have seen enough Hollywood movies to stay away from those open cracks in the earth), there must be a link between radon gas, Radon Labs and Radon, the private from M.A.S.H., aka Michael Cross.

Bwahahaha Michael Cross = Radon

I still think Ink and his Inklets are living large somewhere and that they are using underground subway tunnels or what have you to get to their Zombie safe house in Inglewood aka GZ. I am an LA native and it is a big city sometimes people not very far can't hear or feel earthquakes or noises. That said this is controlled chaos and explosions. #teamInk

PS Maybe Saul and Tanya were infected by special ones aka smart ones aka slow turners. Had Tommy survived maybe he woulda been Inklet no 17??

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1274 View Post
    But the two biggest points.. Tanya and Saul can breath the haze along with the little ones and Ink was turned. But still leaves questions on why the normal's acted the way they did..
    Here's a good question: Do you think that the haze might have a cumulative dosing effect like radiation does? Meaning that Victor might be in a bit of trouble since this is his second exposure to the gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    We have seen hundreds of biters, not thousands and even if it was thousands, they are not going to eat millions. That is why I keep going to the ant theory, most of the colony is underground. Sigh, but that just begs the question where did they go underground.
    I have thought of this before and it just occurred to me: Maybe the tunnels of the Metro LA Mass Transit? Go to the Fan Made Google Map of LA and turn on the transit filter... the Red and Purple lines (subways) kinda run right through the old Tower area stomping grounds. In fact, the Red line runs from downtown, all the way out to North Hollwood. Other than the Van Nuys, nothing up there was even mentioned, much less gone to.
    (I don't recall, but did they go to Van Nuys? Or was it just mentioned by Burt?)

Question for the characters in the show inspired by playing with the fan map: Michael, what's the SITREP on Edwards AFB? I just realized that it's almost spittin' distance over the mountains of the Angeles National forest. Did Irwin scavenging missions pick it clean? 29 Palms is probably out of the question as it seems to be further than Yermo and uncomfortably close to the Irwin Crater... If the situation is as dire as CJ is making it out to be, It may be time to surreptitiously start asking for two man volunteer team to go on long duration scouting missions that they might not return from.

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    The courthouse was cool. A little creepy without being over the top. Learned that Kelly was in probate and not criminal law. That would probably mean that if she has any legal involvement with Ink pre-Zday, it might be in the execution of the estate of one or more of his victims (his wife, her lover, or the rest of the family). I think there isn't a pre-Z tie for them, though...
    Could be another tiny hint. If "The Families" turn out to be the old DEEP pocketed & blue blooded type... they might have the Probate equivalent of a "frequent flier" card. Meaning that Kelly just might have another answer if the right pieces get put together.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnex View Post
    I think this assumption was made during the first visit to Ground Zero by Saul and Victor. Saul and Victor did not see any zombies or anything living for that matter, so I think that lead to the thoughts that nothing human/animal/zombie could be in the haze.
    I seem to recall that it was killing the trees too.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    EDIT. I should also include the Apocolyptic Cult. I have had it for a while. It is just hard to believe that the Earth burped corpse gas at so many different places about the same time.
    I just realized that there might be a mechanism by which the simultaneous release could be explained: Venusian Geology. In summary, due to the build up of heat beneath the surface due to a lack of active tectonics, the Venus is theorized to have undergone a massive planet wide volcanic eruption that resurfaced the whole planet 300-500 million years ago. Granted, the end result was vastly different, but it shows that massive planetary scale events are possible.
    Likes Unit, scbubba liked this post
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    Bwahahaha Michael Cross = Radon

I still think Ink and his Inklets are living large somewhere and that they are using underground subway tunnels or what have you to get to their Zombie safe house in Inglewood aka GZ. I am an LA native and it is a big city sometimes people not very far can't hear or feel earthquakes or noises. That said this is controlled chaos and explosions. #teamInk
    I'm curious if Micheal and co. will look for Bill Robert's house. Surely he's familiar with that place. I also wonder if he's a cannibal too. If he's not turned completely then eating people is just plain gross. Yuck!
    Likes Tar Heel Fan, Unit liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast