User Tag List

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    True, but I feel it might be a mistake to think that "we" would react the same as "them". That doesn't give much of anything away, or hints, just "helping".
    Oh, well it obviously does not effect the infected the same as the uninfected. that is evident by Saul not getting choked up as much and Tanya breathing just fine in the haze.

What effect did this have on #7, we are not sure yet. These things walk through gunfire massive bodily harm to achieve their goals, so a little "choked up" may be nothing at all.

My personal opinion is that once infected, they become immune to the gas, possibly even enjoy it....but that might just push it a little bit.

....and for my "Off In Left Field" theory, maybe after the Maulers raised the Arena, they moved to Inglewood where it was safe. Or, just possibly the arena was a sideshow all along. I think Ground Zero is where Michael's search for Ink will lead, and they will find him and a couple few more infected.

This should probably have gone in the theory section. Bad Tactical.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1274 View Post
    I got to thinking. We do not even know if the Haze has anything to do with the Zombies. Just some sort of Gas released. If the gas caused the Zombies then they would be able to all breath the air there. But they can not. So something is amiss with it all.. Still not sure what to think anymore about how the outbreak started.
    But in the real world, cracks dont just open up in LA and spew poisonous gas. Its too coincidental
    Likes Tar Heel Fan, Unit liked this post

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---

fly little piggy, fly!

alrighty, to start...what forum member here makes milk? for a job?....heres a hint...his name starts with a #7...dun dun dunnnnnn

anyways, just figured id drop this off...from my post in 40-1 ,just figured it needed said again.

"-WHERE THE FUCK DID THE HAZE GO!?!?!?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laki
    I found this to be very interesting reading, while likely it has NOTHING to do with what happened to the haze, it is interesting nonetheless to see that things like this have happened in real life. another thing to consider is theres a storm rolling in at the time vic and Tanya are at ground zero. what affects could barometric pressures have on the haze? we haven't had rain in the story since early on. that seems VERY strange to me considering where the story is taking place(admittedly, that could just be a storytelling thing).

- I know we really have to go by what Michael tells us when describing the transport van. and im sure Michael would be able to tell the difference between "broken in" and "broken out" ....but I personally wonder...something about that all just seems fishy to me. I would MUCH rather believe ink busted himself out than a bunch of freshly turned biters broke in to get at him. the man is the daddy of the inklings after all..."

now a few things ive noticed...

so the van was both broken into AND broken out of. the thing I question about this scene is, county transport vans are generally large, box style vans...key word "large". IF Roberts wanted to stay away from the three biters attacking the van, that would seem to be a simple task...GO TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE VAN. another thing of note is he was allegedly bitten/scratched on the arm...the symbol tattooed arm. another bit of note is the two remaining biters showed deference when he stepped from the van. hands and face visable.

another bit of info for ya, so the attack on Roberts took place at 10:42am. if we check the map, and reference the location as close to the waterworks(good on ya cabbagepatch)..nearly every part of la should have been seeing the outbreak occurring as they travelled to the courthouse. although, the upper northwest section of the map shows some quick spreading in the general area. the area around the tower did not see outbreak til 11am..though the courthouse is north of that..and clearly outbreak reached that location in the 10:30-ish range. the only thing I can think of is the transport officers likely arrived at the courthouse and went inside and had the place evacuated. that seems plausible. it also seems plausible that the transport van could have travelled through Inglewood and brought the outbreak to the courthouse area more quickly than natural progression would have.

coming back to ground zero.
    as I stated last episode, what affects could the storm have on the haze? I think a better question could be what effect does a lack of uv light(sunlight) have on it. from all we know, based on what was said about the scout truck or whatever being close to the area yet not feeling the tremors...this could very well happen every morning as the sun rises. at this point none of us can clearly put a finger on just what the hell is going on there.

we do know however, that saul, Tanya, and the little ones are not affected by the haze (I don't care what KC says, regulars avoid it..it may or may not affect them...but they don't go there. that's enough info for me). Tanya claims that could be very bad, but I don't see how. it would seem that would mean that whatever caused the "little ones" is a separate strain. could her and saul not also be a "separate" strain?..she also has first hand experience with a little ones physiognomy..that, along with the haze sample should make piecing the puzzle a tad bit easier I would think.

im fairly certain I had other ideas that have escaped into the ether...oh well, save those for page 22 I suppose.

todd out
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by daveyman23 View Post
    But in the real world, cracks dont just open up in LA and spew poisonous gas. Its too coincidental
    you must not have met many LA plumbers!

apologies to any LA plumbers...it was an easy joke, I took it.
    Likes Tar Heel Fan, HardKor, daveyman23 liked this post
    KAW

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Was he or wasn't he bitten? They grabbed his arm, he stopped fighting back, they stopped attacking.

I hope they take the video recorder with them. Good thinking Puck. Curse these cliffhangers.
    Hs arm was out. But when they watched the screen none described what happened to it. So actually we only assume he was wounded and infected. As 7odd points out: such vans are huge, so why would Ink stay close to where the biters attack and not try to avoid them? Would this be kind of an expression of his madness? Or was he delused and did he think that these were not zombs, but some people who wanted him to help to get free?
    I think they did not take the tape with them; but they recorded this move by "screening" it with their own camera. I wonder how "good" the quality of this might be ...

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    another bit of info for ya, so the attack on Roberts took place at 10:42am. if we check the map, and reference the location as close to the waterworks(good on ya cabbagepatch)..nearly every part of la should have been seeing the outbreak occurring as they travelled to the courthouse. although, the upper northwest section of the map shows some quick spreading in the general area. the area around the tower did not see outbreak til 11am..though the courthouse is north of that..and clearly outbreak reached that location in the 10:30-ish range. the only thing I can think of is the transport officers likely arrived at the courthouse and went inside and had the place evacuated. that seems plausible. it also seems plausible that the transport van could have travelled through Inglewood and brought the outbreak to the courthouse area more quickly than natural progression would have.
    Maybe the van arrived at the court before hell started to spill out zombs ... They could have arrived earlier in the morning; before Ink was to be "released" into the courthouse, the driver had to do some usual paperwork and wait for security staff to get to him; then solid brown mass hit the turbine, and everyone started to care for himself and simply forgot about Ink in the van; then the zombs showed up ...
    Regardless of that there is something almost creepy about your version, which I like. That would support the idea of Ink being kind of a mastermind behind it ... But would this also imply that Ink is the source of all the breakouts around the Rim of Fire?

coming back to ground zero. ...
    we do know however, that saul, Tanya, and the little ones are not affected by the haze (I don't care what KC says, regulars avoid it..it may or may not affect them...but they don't go there. that's enough info for me). Tanya claims that could be very bad, but I don't see how. it would seem that would mean that whatever caused the "little ones" is a separate strain. could her and saul not also be a "separate" strain?..she also has first hand experience with a little ones physiognomy..that, along with the haze sample should make piecing the puzzle a tad bit easier I would think.
    A regular was near ground zero, when it got attacked by the Little One ... So actually we have first hand evidence that regulars don't necessarily avoid ground zero. When Saul and Victor were there they did not encounter beasts, because everything was dead and them zombs were busy stampeding anything that held life in it ...
    Likes scbubba liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

According to the Wiki:
    - Gardena was hit at 10:00am
    - Santa Monica and Compton were hit at about 10:30am
    - Inks van (so: the court was hit at 10:30-ish) was hit at about 10:42am

- Gardena is 7mi South from Inglewood
    - Compton is 11mi South-East from Inglewood, while Santa Monica is the opposite, so 10mi North-West from Inglewood
    - the Court is like 10mi North-East from Inglewood

What does this tell us? From the logs it tells us that "it" did not start in Inglewood; or if it has started there, then at first it spread southwards at least quicker than anywhere else ...
    But then again: Do these small time-variations make a real difference?

One thing is pretty certain: 10 miles of zombiespread per half an hour (if the logs match it 1o1) or at least at a rate of 10mi per hour is really quick. To me this means that them zombs must have appeared at various points or that the stuff making zombs spread more quickly and turned more zombs than zombs running around and eating/ turning other people's faces. 10miles on foot while chasing and hunting prey in less then an hour? Wow. Just wow.
    Likes Tar Heel Fan, Cabbage Patch liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Datu

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Hs arm was out. But when they watched the screen none described what happened to it. So actually we only assume he was wounded and infected. As 7odd points out: such vans are huge, so why would Ink stay close to where the biters attack and not try to avoid them? Would this be kind of an expression of his madness? Or was he delused and did he think that these were not zombs, but some people who wanted him to help to get free?
    I think they did not take the tape with them; but they recorded this move by "screening" it with their own camera. I wonder how "good" the quality of this might be ...

Maybe the van arrived at the court before hell started to spill out zombs ... They could have arrived earlier in the morning; before Ink was to be "released" into the courthouse, the driver had to do some usual paperwork and wait for security staff to get to him; then solid brown mass hit the turbine, and everyone started to care for himself and simply forgot about Ink in the van; then the zombs showed up ...
    Regardless of that there is something almost creepy about your version, which I like. That would support the idea of Ink being kind of a mastermind behind it ... But would this also imply that Ink is the source of all the breakouts around the Rim of Fire?

A regular was near ground zero, when it got attacked by the Little One ... So actually we have first hand evidence that regulars don't necessarily avoid ground zero. When Saul and Victor were there they did not encounter beasts, because everything was dead and them zombs were busy stampeding anything that held life in it ...
    ok, last bit first.
    yea, a biter was at ground zero. perhaps I should have been more specific. regulars avoid THE HAZE....

middle.
    they would not leave ink in the van for an extended period of time. I cant think of scenario where that would happen, more times than not the courthouse/county sheriffs dept/police are less concerned about the prisoners safety and more concerned with their own in a situation like that. avoiding issues across the board to simply get there and get him inside

first
    I once read a novella by a dude named andrew mayne. in this book the main character's body gave off some type of something that turned regular people into 28 days later style zombies when in his presence. soon as he got away from them...they went back to normal. what if ink has that effect on the biters, but in reverse?...so they are all agro and raging...till they see him/his tats...then docile(in a metter of speaking) I have that affect on Airedales.
    Last edited by 7oddisdead; Nov 26th, 2013 at 12:46 AM.
    Likes scbubba, skankyfish liked this post
    KAW

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    According to the Wiki:
    - Gardena was hit at 10:00am
    - Santa Monica and Compton were hit at about 10:30am
    - Inks van (so: the court was hit at 10:30-ish) was hit at about 10:42am

- Gardena is 7mi South from Inglewood
    - Compton is 11mi South-East from Inglewood, while Santa Monica is the opposite, so 10mi North-West from Inglewood
    - the Court is like 10mi North-East from Inglewood

What does this tell us? From the logs it tells us that "it" did not start in Inglewood; or if it has started there, then at first it spread southwards at least quicker than anywhere else ...
    But then again: Do these small time-variations make a real difference?

One thing is pretty certain: 10 miles of zombiespread per half an hour (if the logs match it 1o1) or at least at a rate of 10mi per hour is really quick. To me this means that them zombs must have appeared at various points or that the stuff making zombs spread more quickly and turned more zombs than zombs running around and eating/ turning other people's faces. 10miles on foot while chasing and hunting prey in less then an hour? Wow. Just wow.

but what happens to those figures if we completely eliminate Inglewood as a whole? by that I mean take a total area of say 10mi square(five miles from dead center Inglewood in a circle.) that reduces outbreak spreading rates by at least a third. near as I can figure, anyone actually at the epicenter of it all in Inglewood did not get out. thus, we can expand the actual "it" out some way....maybe 5miles, maybe less.
    Likes Tar Heel Fan, Cabbage Patch liked this post
    KAW

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

i remembered the other thing

STORY TIME!

I remembered one of the other things I thought of.
    "what if"

bill Roberts is paranoid schizophrenic. while this typically does not manifest itself with visual hallucinations, what if at the moment of turning(or NOT turning) he had his entire mental state snap? by this I mean the biters attacking him became normal people rescuing him? all the normal people fleeing the scene became biters fleeing the scene? what if by creating the "little ones" and behemoths he is simply trying to gain an advantage over the enemy/ us as biters he believes we are? what if all the crazy ass symbols he draws/ tattoos are what he interprets as the language he and his "normal people" speak? his master call that he sends out is simply his normal voice(to his ears at least)and the scary part is...what if hes right?? the entire idea is far too interesting (and far too plausible) to rule out. the scene with the two biters at the end of this episode made me start to question just what is in fact real and what isn't. itll be interesting to see where this goes from here.
    KAW

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

but what happens to those figures if we completely eliminate Inglewood as a whole? by that I mean take a total area of say 10mi square(five miles from dead center Inglewood in a circle.) that reduces outbreak spreading rates by at least a third. near as I can figure, anyone actually at the epicenter of it all in Inglewood did not get out. thus, we can expand the actual "it" out some way....maybe 5miles, maybe less.
    Mh ... If we eliminate Inglewood, most distances grow, because Inglewood is right in the middle of it. In such a case Gardena would be the starting point (first mentioning of zombs at 10am). It would be weird, though, that it took them zombs like half an hour to get to Compton, which is much closer to Gardena than any other place, while at about the same time zomb-attacks were reported from Santa Monica; Santa Monica is farthest away. Additionally: why would it take them zeehs to get to the Court a little longer than to Santa Monica, although the Court is slightly closer to Gardena than Santa Monica (arguable)?

Let's keep things spinning:

Let's consider CJ's report as evidence that the haze turns humans into zeehs. This is what she told about one of her dudes who was out there to explore the place. And let's assume The Haze had its first appearance in Inglewood right when the zombocalypse kicked in - the explosion recognized by Michael in #1-1 might point to it, if it is not something else that exploded. So: Inglewood under the Haze produced the first wave of zombies, which then more or less evenly moved into several directions simultaneously - still 10mi per half-an-hour to an hour until they reach Compton, Santa Monica, the Court and other locations "nearby". Gardena is weird, 'cause the first zombs appearing there were reported at about 10am, which is before any other location ...
    In this scenario them zombs wouldn't chase the van which held Ink in it.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast