User Tag List

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Probably has already been stated but I can't help but think that maybe Michael does not make it out of this alive. I know many thought that since he was narrating the bulk of the episodes that he is alive at the end of this. But this episode especially has me thinking otherwise.

Hearing Michael speak to Kelly via journal entry, and her typing up the reports...I'm just thinking that maybe all of them die out, someone else finds this soft copy of journals and reads it through.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Correct. Roberts didn't say a word.
    That's cuz it wasn't really Roberts...
    It's... Paul...
    Likes Unit, Witch_Doctor, Footbutt liked this post

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    Probably has already been stated but I can't help but think that maybe Michael does not make it out of this alive. I know many thought that since he was narrating the bulk of the episodes that he is alive at the end of this. But this episode especially has me thinking otherwise.

Hearing Michael speak to Kelly via journal entry, and her typing up the reports...I'm just thinking that maybe all of them die out, someone else finds this soft copy of journals and reads it through.
    Na, I do not think so. Michael still has to write his journal and I guess that someone who transcripts his notes will not include the fun writing after Michael is torn apart or turned. It would be a bit inappropriate.
    Likes Unit liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    Na, I do not think so. Michael still has to write his journal and I guess that someone who transcripts his notes will not include the fun writing after Michael is torn apart or turned. It would be a bit inappropriate.
    Well we heard Kelly typing up the notes in this very episode. She may have typed them up the night after Michael wrote it down. Then who ever found the "soft copy" could just read verbatim. Just a thought I had while that scene played.

I can't recall too many times we hear Others reading (in this case typing) someone elses Journal Entry, when the person writing the entry is still the narrator. (Did that make sense? An example being everyone reading Kolani's journal, or when Riley read Samantha's entry into Datu's Journal).

My point being when someone else is reading the Journal and the journal author is still narrating it has been because the original author is dead. At least its the sensation I've come away with.
    Last edited by Bullethead; Nov 25th, 2013 at 11:27 AM.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    The fact that the biters stayed outside of the van for THIRTY minutes on the day of the outbreak says that something out of the ordinary was happening. People had to be running in every direction, and these two are never distracted from trying to get in to get Roberts.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Well we heard Kelly typing up the notes in this very episode. They could just read verbatim. Just a thought I had while that scene played.

I can't recall too many times we hear Others reading (in this case typing) someone elses Journal Entry, when the person writing the entry is still the narrator. (Did that make sense? An example being everyone reading Kolani's journal, or when we read Datu's girl's entry).

My point being when someone else is reading the Journal and the journal author is still narrating it has been because the original author is dead. At least its the sensation I've come away with.
    Yeah, that is a valid point. However, I am just a Michael Cross fan boy, he is just the poorest fellow of this whole zombicalypse thing. It is true, I am biased.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Wow, I'm not the only one WHO started thinking that after this episode? Kinda sad if it is so, but...
    In the "Classic We're Alive" ... the first version of the episodes... Michael adds when he tells he was a PFC: (Private First Class, if someone finds this and doesn't know what PFC Means)
    That got me thinking quite a bit too.
    Last edited by Storm; Nov 25th, 2013 at 11:34 AM.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points28 Days LaterWell Liked
    Well we heard Kelly typing up the notes in this very episode. She may have typed them up the night after Michael wrote it down. Then who ever found the "soft copy" could just read verbatim. Just a thought I had while that scene played.

I can't recall too many times we hear Others reading (in this case typing) someone elses Journal Entry, when the person writing the entry is still the narrator. (Did that make sense? An example being everyone reading Kolani's journal, or when Riley read Samantha's entry into Datu's Journal).

Not quite sure what you're getting at, but Kelly is transcribing Michael's entry and when she reads he was insulting her in the entry she alters it to make herself sound good and types it so he insults himself. If he died there I don't think she would make a joke like that when transcribing it. If you are thinking everyone dies and a 3rd party is reading the Journal then that would mean Kelly made journal entries about her transcribing journal entries which would be kind of redundant, I say that because we actually heard the angry typing in the background. I think everything is still going on somewhat real time, but the story is being told through journals.
    Last edited by mischeif; Nov 25th, 2013 at 11:43 AM.
    Likes Red Shirt, Eviebae, Verse, LiamKerrington liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by mischeif View Post
    Not quite sure what you're getting at, but Kelly is transcribing Michael's entry and when she reads he was insulting her in the entry she alters it to make herself sound good and types it so he insults himself. If he died there I don't think she would make a joke like that when transcribing it.
    I'm not saying Michael dies right then and there, I was speaking overall. He may not survive this tale. You know when KC is done writing it. I did not take it as Kelly backspacing and editing his writing, I took it as Michael showing he was being facetious and complimenting Kelly after his jab at her.

But perhaps she did "backspace" and rewrite it.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malador View Post
    The fact that the biters stayed outside of the van for THIRTY minutes on the day of the outbreak says that something out of the ordinary was happening. People had to be running in every direction, and these two are never distracted from trying to get in to get Roberts.
    Well, maybe I have a different understanding about what was described: After thirty minutes Ink left the car. And then there were two regulars who were in shock and awe about Ink. Since the tape was fast-forwarded we actually don't know that these two particular zombs waited there for thirty minutes. We don'T even know if these two are two of the three which attacked Inks van and Ink ...

Taking into consideration that the first three zombs attacked him, most likely wounded him, and then let go of him with nothing else happening for like 30 minutes, I would say that Ink turned from human to zomb; and since zombs did not attack each other right from the beginning (as I recall it we have it for the first time that a zomb attacks another one no earlier than in #40-1; before that they ae each other only according to the report by Skittles, and we don't know what exactly this means), I guess, Ink developed the same smell like zombs and thus did not attract any new zombie nearby ...Also he was silent and kind of hidden in the car - so he was no obvious target/ prey for any zombie walking around ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Likes Unit, Witch_Doctor, Merlin1274 liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast