User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jumpers???

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered

Jumpers???

I didn't see a thread, so if there was/is one already I apologize.

I was just curious to see what other people thought about the jumpers??? Or I guess Jumper to be more clear......

The episode when the Jumper is first introduced I was like "oh man...... things just got crazy"

But then we basically never see another jumper ever again(unless I am mistaken).

Was there just one super zombie with the ability to jump? Or was it a new zombie concept that never worked out?

I know skittles I think says something about jumpers being gone or something..... but why???

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gnex View Post
    I didn't see a thread, so if there was/is one already I apologize.

I was just curious to see what other people thought about the jumpers??? Or I guess Jumper to be more clear......

The episode when the Jumper is first introduced I was like "oh man...... things just got crazy"

But then we basically never see another jumper ever again(unless I am mistaken).

Was there just one super zombie with the ability to jump? Or was it a new zombie concept that never worked out?

I know skittles I think says something about jumpers being gone or something..... but why???
    Good question. It really depends on what you think about the special zombies to begin with. Were they "natural" evolutions of the regular zombie turning process or were they engineered by some intelligence that was trying to make something more than the normal biters?

My long standing theory is that all of the special ones (runners, jumpers, behemoths) were engineered with the end goal of making a super zombie race. The Little Ones being the most successful of all the experiments (so far).
    Likes Gnex, Storm liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Extreme Love25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Good question. It really depends on what you think about the special zombies to begin with. Were they "natural" evolutions of the regular zombie turning process or were they engineered by some intelligence that was trying to make something more than the normal biters?

My long standing theory is that all of the special ones (runners, jumpers, behemoths) were engineered with the end goal of making a super zombie race. The Little Ones being the most successful of all the experiments (so far).
    I like this theory. I guess the question is..... if the special ones were engineered you would think you would have seen more jumpers..... I feel like we saw a few runners, and a few behemoths too..... but only the one jumper....

Unless, the "engineering" is nothing more than an injection of chemicals, etc, etc..... and what the zombies turn in to is completely random??

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    I dont think there are really any "jumpers" at all. The only jumper we know of was the one jumping from a higher position who jump across and down through the window. Imho its not a jumper as in a z'd jumping from say the ground up 5 stories or something. Burt only yelled jumper not to name the type of z'd but as a verb, what the z'd was doing. My 2 cents on the "jumpers".
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

I think the jumpers and behemoths are results of experimentation on normal zombies, and that the numbered little ones are the "final design". It might explain why we haven't seen as many jumpers/behemoths as the little ones.

The relationship between the little ones and normal zombies almost reminds me of the Urak Hai vs Orcs in LOTR
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

Zombie humper

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

I assumed it was an infected NBA player and that is a pretty small segment of the population.
    Likes Bullethead, Gooer, scbubba, Robzombie liked this post
    LOOK AT MY AVATAR!!!!! I have a bottle of trioxin 245 in my hand and I am NOT AFRAID TO USE IT!!!!!

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyhind86 View Post
    The relationship between the little ones and normal zombies almost reminds me of the Urak Hai vs Orcs in LOTR
    Like your thinking
    Likes tonyhind86 liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points

Just googled it, and its a Gene Id for thymidine kinase 1. I then googled thymidine kinase 1 keratin and what should come up but a load of papers about keratin-18.

I'm no geneticist or biochemist, so this is completely out of my area... no idea of the significance...

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    I think they are different because Bert said the one that jumped through the window in the tower had long limbs and its head brushed against the ceiling or something. But the behemoths had like tumors in them maybe the jumpers were even more sick and died out earlier before we could see anymore
    Likes Elisa, Witch_Doctor liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by ZombiesBeLike View Post
    I think they are different because Bert said the one that jumped through the window in the tower had long limbs and its head brushed against the ceiling or something. But the behemoths had like tumors in them maybe the jumpers were even more sick and died out earlier before we could see anymore
    Also, Kalani said that there were some some that could jump high when he first discussed ground zero with Saul, Micheal and Angel. "Some are really fast, others can jump high, well, you get the picture." Chapter 11, Part 2, starting around 6:00.
    Likes ZombiesBeLike liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast