User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

The Randy and Michael connection

I have a helping thought to the theory that Randy is 'helping out' Michael and the others. There is one other instance where a Zombie 'Helped Out' the Tower. At the end of season 1 when Tommy turns, he could have easily killed everyone in the hallway and tower. Instead he runs for the stairwell and dives into the flames, killing himself. It is mentioned a lot how smart Tommy is all throughout season 1. Maybe he was able to make choices as a zombie. Thoughts?

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Yep, he didn't aimlessly attack as a mindless zombie would. He at least evaded the survivors like the smart ones.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Tommy could have become a Smart One and could have made a decision in favor of those he "liked". But he could also have still been in the process of turning into a zombie leaving some of his conscious. We will never know.
    But I like the idea of zombs who remain enough knowledge and/ or conscience to act in favor of humans - for whatever reason. And considering different discussions about Randy on this forum this is not too far fetched - not even regarding Tommy.
    Likes Hanniekuma liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    An interesting idea about Tommy, but he also ripped down the fire door, putting the group in even greater danger. Maybe that was accidental, but his actions can also be thought of doing the maximum amount of damage. We just really do not know and that is the beauty of KC's writing.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registeredLoved

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Tommy could have become a Smart One and could have made a decision in favor of those he "liked". But he could also have still been in the process of turning into a zombie leaving some of his conscious. We will never know.
    But I like the idea of zombs who remain enough knowledge and/ or conscience to act in favor of humans - for whatever reason. And considering different discussions about Randy on this forum this is not too far fetched - not even regarding Tommy.
    I just recently finished Justin Cronin's The Passage and your comment reminded me of a particular idea expressed in the book that everyone goes " home" or to what is familiar. Also the "hope" that no matter what happens, there will be a part of us that remains human.

I can't wait to see how the Randy story unfolds!
    Likes Storm, Bakkie-Pleur, LiamKerrington liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hanniekuma View Post
    I can't wait to see how the Randy story unfolds!
    Yeah, me, too. Although I must admit that I did not catch up with the whole Randy-story as early as so many others here did. It gets more and more intersting; and the massive variety of different (tinfoil-)theories about him is amazing.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

I'm curious if Micheal will withhold info about the game spotter photo from CJ to prevent her from finding out about the dangerous chase he did. If so, then CJ might not see the video anytime soon. That would keep her from recognizing Randy and sending the investigation into full steam.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Well, what we know about Randy, Raydon Labs, and Michael's arm so far:
    1. In chapter 3 Burt kills a smart zombie on the roof of his shop. This zombie turns out to have a level 3 security badge from Raydon Labs attached to it's belt.
    2. CJ had a techie at her tower named Randy, who were sent to the waterworks when the water supplies were low, or something like that. This was told by Sean in chapter 27.
    3. Michael broke his arm at the waterworks in chapter 9, and was off screen for about two chapters, untill he arrives at the arena with Saul and Burt.
    4. In chapter Michael tells Puck that he was reaching through a doorway, but gets interrupted by Pegs before he can reveal more.
    5. While he's asleep at the colony after his arm got fixed by Tanya, he, according to Hope in chapter 19, mentioned a guy named Randy a few times.
    6. In chapter 23 Tanya's being dragged away by a zombie with long hair and beard. When Michael shoots at it it turns around, and he recognises him and shouts out the name "Randy".
    7. In chapter 35, around the end, Victor spots a zombie with a brown shirt, long hair, and a beard. He's got markings on his face as well. We don't know whether or not this is randy, but to me it seems likely.
    8. In chapter 39 Randy's seen on one of the spotters, carrying a bag containing to glass bottles. In the bottles is some kind of liquid with a strong, metalic smell. The letters Fo can be seen on the lable, along with the logo of Raydon Labs. Randy drops this bag when he's jumping the fence at the end of the alley that Michael's chasing him through.

If I've missed anything, just say so... I probably have.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Nice, I would just add that Burt knows that the biter had to be pretty damn smart to get the level 3 ID. That is more background knowledge than just reading the name off of the tag.
    Likes Storm, Witch_Doctor liked this post

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Aaand most everything we have heard about burts life pre outbreak has been weapons related....hmmm.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast